• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Riddle

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Now I got the ((maybe stupid)) idea of Ho-oh...

It is super weak to rock, highly resistent against grass, left humanity because of the tower incident. Its children could be Charizard, and other Fire Fliers. And reseal the entrance 'cause of the broken tower

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Not Ninetales or Ho-oh. Good guess with which line was correct, though.

Genesect

Hmm... wha? The riddle? That was today? Aw, man. I'm late. Alright, let's do it.

So, my name is- wait, what? What do you mean this is going to humans?!

Seriously, dude? I hate humans! Ugh, despicable little creatures. (they made changes to him)

They make you feel all special about yourself, and then suddenly, they go and abandon you for centuries, all alone! (Very old, over 3000 years IIRC)

What do you mean, I'm prejudiced? The only one who's seen me in years made off with my children!

Not like my remaining ones are much use... They're almost as old as me, and still immature as ever.

Don't even get me started on their music tastes. I hate rock. Give me a nice bamboo flute any day. (Bug is weak to rock, also strong to grass)

Wait, you're done? Fine, fine, whatever. Just leave me alone. Man, I already gave my guards lasers, what else do they need? (Has a $&^ing gun on his back)
And the hint-

What, you again? What do you want?

A hint? Yeesh. These humans really are stupid, aren't they?

Fine, fine. Uh... how to put this so it doesn't sound cheesy...

You'll find me where my powers are strongest,

But I am unable to reach them. (gun is on his back)

Is that okay? Yes? Good. Get out. Gotta reseal that entrance... Meh, I'll do it tomorrow.

Guess away!

Volcarona? It's been in that relic castle for a long time, where it probably used to be worshiped by people, but then the entrance was sealed. It has a 4x weakness to rock, and a 4x resistance to grass. The "almost as old as me, but still immature as ever" line could refer to the fact that Larvesta doesn't evolve until it reaches a very high level. At the end of the Relic Castle maze, there are Claydols (Baltoys in BW2), which could be what the lasers are referring to.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Good job, Face! It is indeed Volcarona!

Hmm... wha? The riddle? That was today? Aw, man. I'm late. Alright, let's do it.

So, my name is- wait, what? What do you mean this is going to humans?!

Seriously, dude? I hate humans! Ugh, despicable little creatures.

They make you feel all special about yourself, and then suddenly, they go and abandon you for centuries, all alone! Volcarona was inferred to be worshipped in ancient times, but the only one available is alone in a room in the Relic Castle.

What do you mean, I'm prejudiced? The only one who's seen me in years made off with my children! A Ranger gives you a Larvesta egg that they found in the Relic Castle.

Not like my remaining ones are much use... They're almost as old as me, and still immature as ever. Larvesta doesn't evolve until level 59.

Don't even get me started on their music tastes. I hate rock. Give me a nice bamboo flute any day. Quad weakness to Rock, quad resistance to Grass.

Wait, you're done? Fine, fine, whatever. Just leave me alone. Man, I already gave my guards lasers, what else do they need? The Claydol found in the room in BW all know Hyper Beam.

And the hint-

What, you again? What do you want?

A hint? Yeesh. These humans really are stupid, aren't they?

Fine, fine. Uh... how to put this so it doesn't sound cheesy...

You'll find me where my powers are strongest,

But I am unable to reach them. Volcarona is available in the desert- where the sun shines strongest- but is hidden away from the sun, in its underground room.

Is that okay? Yes? Good. Get out. Gotta reseal that entrance... Meh, I'll do it tomorrow. The entrance to its room is opened after entering the Hall of Fame.

Great job, Face!

Alright, new riddle time. This one's probably easier than some of my notoriously hard ones from the past.

Help me. My health is in lots of trouble.
It was bad before, but now it is double.
It happened to someone else, long, long ago,
But the freaks then decided to soften the blow.
The disease remained cured, that is, until now,
And I am the only one screaming out, “ow!”
Back at home, my foes are now stronger and quicker,
When I’m cured, I’ll be peachy. Till then, I’ll be sicker.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Volcarona was going to be my next guess........

Time for the new one!

Help me. My health is in lots of trouble. has only one HP
It was bad before, but now it is double. 2 evolutions from Nincada
The disease remained cured, that is, until now, protection against soul overtaking?

Shedinja

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
ehm, maybe Koffing?

Help me. My health is in lots of trouble. Trouble and double are in TR song
It was bad before, but now it is double. evolution has two heads
But the freaks then decided to soften the blow. They always get blown away
The disease remained cured, that is, until now, Is poisonous
And I am the only one screaming out, “ow!” Selfdestruct
When I’m cured, I’ll be peachy. Till then, I’ll be sicker It is a round ball of gas

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not sure if koffing is the answer, but I'll throw in the extra suggestion that maybe its health is in trouble because it is "koffing" (which sounds like coughing) and its evolved form is weezing (wheezing, which is worse than coughing and weezing has double the number of faces as koffing)

Tentacool

Help me. My health is in lots of trouble. (poison type and Low Base HP)
It was bad before, but now it is double. (Base HP doubles when he evolves)
The disease remained cured, that is, until now, (poison type)

Thats all I got...

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Maybe Poochyena? The health refers to prof. Birch, while soften the blow could refer to the change to a Zigzagoon in Emerald

XXD17

Draco rex
Scrafty?

Help me. My health is in lots of trouble.
It was bad before, but now it is double. (scrafty is part dark and fighting attacks are very common in competitive but now it gets the 4X fairy weakness as well)
It happened to someone else, long, long ago, (other pokemon have been nerfed like this before: gengar, alakazam with the physical/ special split)
But the freaks then decided to soften the blow. (megas for both gengar and alakazam and the freaks are Gamefreak)
And I am the only one screaming out, “ow!” (High jump kick? also it really has very little to combat fairies)
Back at home, my foes are now stronger and quicker, (gengar, alakazam which scrafty could have checked easier before but both get dazzling gleam)
When I’m cured, I’ll be peachy. Till then, I’ll be sicker. (shed skin reference?)

Last edited:
No and no.

First hint: In line 7, the "foes" refer to another Pokemon found in the same place as the subject. These foes are capable of causing the health problem referred to in the rest of the riddle.

I'll give another hint after 3 more guesses.

Last edited:

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
For some reason this riddle is making me think of Voltorb...

Help me. My health is in lots of trouble. Low base HP and susceptible to Toxic
It was bad before, but now it is double. Toxic damage doubles every turn
It happened to someone else, long, long ago, Magnemite is a counterpart of sorts to Voltorb, is found in most of the same places, and used to be pure Electric in Gen 1
But the freaks then decided to soften the blow. Since gaining the Steel-type in Gen 2, Magnemite is now immune to Poison
And I am the only one screaming out, “ow!” Selfdestruct/Explosion/Aftermath?
Back at home, my foes are now stronger and quicker, Ekans is Poison-type and is found on the same route as Voltorb (Route 10)

It's a bit out there, but that's what I've got.