• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Riddle

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Heatmor?

You’ll find me catalogued between
Javelins and excavation machines. It's Pokédex Order is in between Durant and Mandibuzz, the former of who learns Dig naturally, and the latter... I dunno.
In midst of boring tool and lance, Mandibuzz's tool being a bone, which is "boring", and Durant being made out metal, somewhat similar to a lance.
I’m in a central circumstance. ???
They swap names, trades and tongues; I twiddle Heatmor eats Durant with it's fiery tongue, while Mandibuzz can learn Moves like Snarl or Taunt.
Undoubtedly stuck in the middle. Yeah dunno.

So, uh, Heatmor?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Nobody's guessed right so far.

Face's hunch is right; the "boring tool" does not refer to any ground type pokémon, or even any pokémon that can use the move dig.

TinyTorchic

Sister of Talonflame
Guys, I think I know, brace yourselves...

Its Qwilfish, you know it to be true!!

Cryogonal. Between Fearow (boring tool; gets Drill Run) and Skarmory (lance; its feathers were used as lances and blades) in the Mountain Kalos dex.' Central circumstance ' could refer to the sort of radial symmetry that Cryogonal has going. Not sure about the last line, though.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
The Imposter is closer than ever, but the answer is not cryogonal. I won't say whether or not the answer is qwilfish due to the guess not being justified.

TinyTorchic

Sister of Talonflame
Sorry, I'll justify my answer because I was serious.

Javelins and excavation machines. Qwilfish is between Steelix and Heracross (If it not Heracross then I thought about Scizor having lance like pincers I quess). Steelix is like a metal snake thing and can use its tail like a lance. Whereas Heracross uses its horn like an excavation tool to look for food underground.
In midst of boring tool and lance, Between them in the Pokedex
I’m in a central circumstance. Its in the middle of them, also Qwilfish is round so circle/ circumferance my observation there.
They swap names, trades and tongues; I twiddle You need to trade Steelix in order to evolve it. Heracross doesn't evolve but Scizor is like Steelix. And they both need a Metal Coat to evolve so a link there. Qwilfish's animation is sort of like twiddling I guess.
Undoubtedly stuck in the middle. It doesn't evolve so it will always be forever stuck in the middle of them.

Hopefully I've justified my answer :)

octoboy

I Crush Everything
There was one thing you caught on to which I don't think anyone else got, but... as I said on my first post on this page, the riddle mentions no ground type. Steelix being a ground type, it can't be involved in the riddle. Qwilfish isn't the answer.

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Hmm. Let's see here... Boring tool is obviously translated as "digging tool," but I also thought of it referring to a tool that is boring; something average, unextraordinary. Between this and lance, I'm thinking that Farfetch'd could be being referred to, so what Pokemon could then be the answer... Magnemite/Magneton, Doduo/Dodrio, Smeargle, Natu/Xatu, Psyduck/Golduck, Riolu/Lucario. For the excavation tools, there are Slowpoke/Slowbro, Seel/Dewgong, Mr. Mime, Qwilfish, Gardevoir/Gallade, and Litleo/Pyroar. None of those could really be considered "excavation tools..." Well, maybe Pyroar could, so... I'll guess Lucario.

Keep in mind this is all my absurd prattling; this is probably completely off-base.

TinyTorchic

Sister of Talonflame
We think we have got (me and my sister Talonflame)

Its Dragonite because their is the character Lance who's main pokemon is Dragonite and there is a skeleton of a Dragonite in the Nacrene Fossil Museum which excavates fossils.

Hopefully its right!! :)

I'll take a wild guess and say Durant?

Javelins and excavation machines.
Durant is found between the Aron-line, excavation machines and the Spearow-line, javelins

In midst of boring tool and lance,
I’m in a central circumstance.
Possibly in reference to Rock, boring tool, and Flying, lance, type attacks? They hit Durant normally.

They swap names, trades and tongues; I twiddle
Undoubtedly stuck in the middle.
Under the assumption that it's in reference to other bug types, some of which evolve by trading, and two of them even changing trades, knight and ninja, Karrablast and Shelmet.

So...once again... Durant?

Okay, so here's a couple things I've noticed. I think we've all figured out that the boring tool is the excavation machine, and the javelin is the lance (unless that's a trick, which wouldn't surprise me). But the order they're listed in line 3 is switched around from line 2. I feel like maybe this has something to do with the "swap" in line 5. Maybe they evolve and kinda switch roles?

This is probably wrong, but I'm gonna go with Grimer/Muk. In the Pokedex, they're right between Seel/Dewgong and Shellder/Cloyster. Both lines can learn Icicle Spear (javelin/lance) and the Seel line can learn horn drill and drill run. Also, the "tongues" part could refer to the face that Seel and Shellder have their tongues sticking out, but once they evolve, they don't. Also they're both water types that gain an ice type upon evolving, although I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Good thinking you guys, but none of those answers is correct.

Face has the general idea down. The pokémon that the various devices refer to don't necessarily switch roles when they evolve (actually, one does and one doesn't). As for the part about tongues, it helps to remember that that word has more than one meaning. Interpreting that is pretty key to solving this riddle.

And I'll say right now, one of you did guess a pokémon referred to (but not the subject) correctly.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Maybe Ditto? Tongues could refer to languages, and everybody wants a different language Ditto for MM. The other Pokemon might be Eevee, who can become everything, like some tools, and it is catalogued between the Town region in gen 3 Pokedex

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not ditto. You're getting closer to what the fifth line means, though not quite.

To answer Face's question, when the two of them change roles, one evolves, but one does not. Though more happens than just the evolution.

I'm completely stumped. I really hope it doesn't involve the names of certain Pokemon in other languages, because honestly, I would never have the patience to go looking through all those.
I guess I'll just wait until the next hint...

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Here's a hint, you are correct in that regard, Freaky Face.

Good news and bad news I guess.

Hmm, thanks for figuring that out, Face. This gives us something to work off of.

Anyway, Pidgeot? Two Pokemon in between it and each of the Beedrill and Fearow lines. Beedrill, though it has drill in its English name, is 'Spear' in Japanese. That's the one that switches trades without evolving. Meanwhile, Fearow evolves from Spearow (spear), and its Japanese name is Onidrill, which has drill. That's the one that swaps trades when evolving. Beedrill goes from a drill to a spear upon switching languages, while Spearow goes from a spear to a drill upon evolution and the language flip. If this isn't it, then idk what it is.