• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Riddle

In a similar vein, I'll now guess koffing. Misdreavus would again be the spectre, who needs to level grind to learn Pain Split. If Bulbapedia is to be believed, in Generation 2 koffing is the only other pokemon that can get pain split, this time via breeding. It would need to be traded from Generation 1 games to be able to breed. Everything I said about Tangela and breeding applies here as well, and it would make sense for you to put that in as a hint to breeding being required.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not koffing. I'll give a new hint after 3 more guesses.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Going to guess Weezing following the Imposter's Koffing guess (all credit to him if it's right, although i'm not overly confident about this answer)
Started with the Advance Generation myself (although I did play Crystal at least on an emulator) so this is not the riddle for me...

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Dunno if this is guessed aready, but Deoxys? It has the two forms which can not be changed in FRLG, but afterwards they are interchangeable. The spectre could be Unown, who also has different froms that aren't interchangeable

Just pointing out that Haunter's original prototype English name was Spectre. That might be helpful...

I'm pretty stumped. I know Slowking has already been guessed, but I'm gonna go with Slowpoke/Slowbro because it's the only line besides the Haunter line that learns Curse via level-up in gen 2. A Slowpoke could evolve into Slowking, which is different from Slowbro, but if Slowpoke is "betrayed" by Shellder and has its tail bitten, it will evolve into Slowbro.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Neither of those. Face is getting warmer in some respects.

New hint:

The spectre treats me with disdain
For I can cause a spectre pain

So just to clarify: Every single part of this riddle, including the hints, refers to BEFORE gen 3? So if I read this riddle back in 2001, everything would make sense?

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Yes. The most recent hint and some parts of the riddle still happen in gen 3 on, but most of what is mentioned only applies to games prior to the 3rd gen.

Wobbuffet? In Gen. 2, Destiny Bond was the last attack Haunter learns via level-up, and outside of the Koffing line (already been guessed), Wobbuffet was the only other Pokemon to gain it by level up. It gained a pre-evolution in Gen. 3 that could only be obtained via Incense breeding, so that could be something. It is a Psychic type, a type super effective against Haunter. (Mega Gengar also gains Shadow Tag, but I doubt that would tie in at all)

Probably wrong, but this is a toughie.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Not wobbuffet. Remember that I said most of the things mentioned only apply to the games before gen 3. You did partially decipher one of the hints, though not completely.

As for celebi, because I'm feeling facetious, I won't say whether or not celebi is the answer due to lack of justification.

New hint in 3 more guesses.

This is a long shot, but Jynx. In Gen. 1, Haunter's final move it can learn by level-up is Dream Eater. Jynx can simply be traded over to Gen. 2 where it can learn it by TM. In addition, it also learns Perish Song, the final move in Misdreavus's Gen. 2 moveset, though that probably doesn't matter. However, in Gen. 3, it can no longer learn Dream Eater by TM and Nightmare becomes the last move in Haunter's moveset. It has a baby form introduced in a future generation. In addition, it is of a type that hits Haunter super effectively and is hit super effectively by it as well.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Well, Imposter, the answer is indeed jynx! Though strangely enough, none of the factors you based your answer on were actually referred to in my riddle.

There is a spectre who will find The spectre is gastly
He’ll always have to level grind A black gastly will turn into a purple haunter by levelling up
While I need nothing but a trade
To make the changes he has made A black jynx will turn into a purple jynx by being traded from a gen 1 game to a gen 2 game
Though in a way, he’ll have it good
His young will mirror his childhood A purple haunter can give birth to a black gastly
Nostalgia my kid will not give A black jynx can't give birth to a black child, as jynx only have smoochum as children
For my dark past life I did live Dark refers to jynx's original black colour

If my child, their loved one betrays Smoochum evolves with love, so if a jynx evolved from a smoochum, its loved one would be its trainer
My offspring may live my past days The only way for a jynx's child to become black would be to evolve from a smoochum then be traded away, thus "betrayed" by the trainer it evolved by loving

The spectre treats me with disdain
For I can cause a spectre pain Jynx sounds like "jinx", which is another word for curse. The move curse causes damage to ghost-type users.

Congrats for guessing that toughie correctly, Imposter. Now let's see if you can stump us. *tosses the riddle ball to the Imposter*

*catches Riddle Ball* Interesting. Didn't expect it to be jynx at all; was just kinda shooting in the dark :p (Smoochum actually evolves at level 30 like magby and elekid, but whatever) Anyway, without further ado,

The enemy of the hero was my friend
For the hero threatened me.
But then, my name from four lands happened
Now I'm the hero's adversary.
And with that, I surpassed the titan's might,
Gaining the power to make things right
For I was first; he entered later
He stole my throne, but now I'm greater.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I'm not very good at riddles but this sounds like it's a legendary Pokemon. Since the last 4 lines are about power and ruling and legendaries are supposed to be all powerful.

493pkmns

secret suicune
My guess is Zekrom because of the part where one goes with N, the other goes with the protagonist of the games. The enemy of the hero was my friend
And I think it's Zekrom instead of Reshiram because of truth vs. ideals, with Zekrom being Ideals.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
From my point of view, Titan must refer to Regigas. Something greater than Regigas ((In height)) is Giratina origin form. 4 could refer to the gen 4 and the golem quatret

octoboy

I Crush Everything
(Smoochum actually evolves at level 30 like magby and elekid, but whatever)

X_X That's what I get for trying to get away with not fact checking. Anyway...

I'll probably try to analyze this in further depth later, but for now I'll guess mewtwo, which was originally friends with Giovanni, and is later faced by the game's protagonist directly. I'm guessing the titan is some pokémon from a generation later than mewtwo which is stronger than regular mewtwo, but not mega mewtwo. Just a guess.

Here's the riddle on this page:

The enemy of the hero was my friend
For the hero threatened me.
But then, my name from four lands happened
Now I'm the hero's adversary.
And with that, I surpassed the titan's might,
Gaining the power to make things right
For I was first; he entered later
He stole my throne, but now I'm greater.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Lugia? Lugia was originally an enemy (sort of) to ash in the anime before they became friends. 4 lands could mean the Kanto birds islands and then lugia's bit. Surpassing the titan's might could mean overcoming team rocket.