• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Riddle

APinkInTime

Strategist Of Pink
Finally Lol. Okay here goes.

You speak of me everyday
Although you don't notice it.
I could speak cracking energy, but I never was.
But its enemy I can avoid.

I could not show you what I'm capable of.
But I can show you the many more.
The first and foremost I can call out.
When I fear the two of three powers.

Many thought that I was a key.
But I was, really.
Leaving the stone to you.
For the golems that rest behind.

I feel like this is gonna be quick...

I'm thinking zekrom. It was stored in the dark stone. It can merge with storm clouds and is part of the unova trio.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Not Zekrom.

Please tell me if it is too vague so that I can give hints or another stanza. In the next guess.

Tangeh

A hint would be nice for me.

In the meantime I'll throw out koffing..? People cough everyday so they, er, sort of say it's name every day. xD it has levitate to avoid electricity's only weakness, and can't show its full power because that would require exploding? Dunno how it relates to the key thing though.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Nope. Not Koffing, but you are getting a bit closer.

Hint!

1. Last line of 2nd stanza does not refer to type advantages.

I'd give another hint, or a new stanza, if you'd like.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Could it possibly be Rayquaza?

It's a Flying type, and therefore about to resist Ground, the enemy of the "cracking energy" I assume is Electric. Also, it fears Regirock and Regice, being weak to both, but can call on Registeel, who is supereffective against both.

EDIT: I got ninja'd super bad and now I don't think this is right.

Last edited:

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
I get the feeling that the 'golems' it refers to are the Regi trio. The key to the Regis are Wailord and Relicanth. Coin-flip says Relicanth.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Nope. Not Relicanth.

New hint!

1. Last line in 2nd stanza does not refer to type advantages.
2. 3rd stanza refers to an event in a PMD game

^^^
This is why you need a new stanza. It's an exclusive one xD.

Okay new stanza!

You speak of me everyday.
Everytime, every place.
I'm wide awake when you speak.
But I'm not when you ask or shout my name.

I guess you could base your answer wholey from this...

Last edited:

Tangeh

Latias / latios? Still don't understand the speaking everyday thing but the latis can understand speech and emotions? "Can't show you what I'm capable of" because they can turn invisible? They have levitate so they are immune to ground. Google search says they activate the Regis in a PMD game (haven't played personally so not sure ..)

APinkInTime

Strategist Of Pink
Drowsee or hypno. The wake asleep thing and people say they are sleepy all the time

matthew11

8000 MMR
None of the above. Tangeh is the closest to the answer though. And here I thought I've given away the answer xD.

New hints!

1. Last line in 2nd stanza does not refer to type advantages.
2. 3rd stanza refers to an event in a PMD game.
3. Who do you think is the "first and foremost"?
4. "Two of three powers" refers to specific Pokemon.
5. Last 2 lines in 2nd stanza does not relate to each other in this riddle, but is related outside.

Also, you have already named 3 of the main characters in the PMD game.

New stanza in the next two guesses.

Last edited:

Tangeh

Is it unown??

They are letters, so people use them every single day in speech. Again idk pmd so struggling with that aspect but bulbapedia says something about the "aegis cave" in explorers of sky that they drop stones to unlock the regis? And they have the levitate ability.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Sorry I'm late.

And yes, it is Unown Lol. I was about to give a give-away stanza after, but yeah.

You speak of me everyday
Although you don't notice it.
Greek alphabet letters, which is very much the same as the English alphabet. You use these letters everyday.
I could speak cracking energy, but I never was. One of the two conflicting documents about how Unown communicate is that it uses electromagnetic waves. The other one would be telepathy.
But its enemy I can avoid. Ground immunity due to Levitate.

I could not show you what I'm capable of. Only move is Hidden Power.
But I can show you the many more. 28 different forms of Unown.
The first and foremost I can call out. Communication from Unown can be detected by the Pokegear radio. It interprets it as the melody of the Azure Flute. Azure Flute = Arceus.
When I fear the two of three powers. Fled from Dialga and Palkia from The Rise of Darkrai. Both are members of the Creation Trio alongside Giratina.

Many thought that I was a key.
But I was, really.
Leaving the stone to you.
For the golems that rest behind.
Explorers of Sky where you need to spell out ROCK, ICE, and STEEL by defeating Unown and letting them drop their Unown Stone.

You speak of me everyday.
Everytime, every place.
I'm wide awake when you speak.
But I'm not when you ask or shout my name.
26 forms of the Unown have their eyes wide open. The question and exclamation mark forms appear to have their eyes half-shut.

Your turn, Tangeh

Tangeh

That was a tough one. :)

Okay, next up!

The rumours are only half-true.
Though some say I'm not
Quite normal
I believe I am
I can control myself, but still
I'm afraid of it
My dark side, I mean
It has a mind of its own..

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'm guessing Clefable.

Not quite normal referring to it being normal prior to gen 6.
Also a lot of people believe gengar is Clefable's shadow and gengar is part poison type which is super effective against fairy.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Girafarig? The whole dual mind concept fits well, and its tail, which is black, or the 'dark half', has its own brain iirc.