• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Rising Shadows

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Mewtwo
- I'll be posting a page a day this week! =P Try not to fall behind!

Nathandg
- Yup! It's been a while, but now we finally see what they're up to. And the Snivy's role will be apparent eventually. He'll be a recurring character- that's for sure. =P

--

Snivy- meet Mist. =D

Also, page is being posted a few hours early cause I'm exhausted and want to pass out.

10522d854tm8y.png

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
"I don't even know where that is!" If it weren't for his earnest expression, I'd say he's lying. But if he's telling truth... Well, let's just add him to the list of zany shenanigans, why don't we?

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
*Kill legendary beast of volcanoes* *Fail to kill treasure hunting grass snake* Edge's team is slowly becoming more and more incompetent... Yippee?

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
WELL. I would like to clarify that Edge is NOT the Kabutops in the prologue. Go look at the scars. =P They don't match. And while not obvious due to the lighting in the temple, even their base colors differ.

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
...This is why you shouldn't make most of your major characters the same species... By the time Edge was introduced, most people (myself included) would've forgotten the first guy's distinctions!

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Pfft... only four of the Kabutops have names- and they've all got different physical features. They're far from the only ones involved too. xD Edge and Stella are the two you'll see if this chapter.

Edge- shorter head. Has a scar on his head between his eyes. Med brown in color. Has barbed scythes
Stella- Two spikes on head, green eyes, lighter in color, has a necklace.
Kabutops from Prologue- Normal shaped head, two line scar on head, x-shaped scar on chest. Normal kabutops color. Also has a nick in one of his scythes.
Kabutops in page 05-11- Extra spikey, dark in color.

So yes- every individual Kabutops- even the unnamed/unimportant ones will have different features to set them apart. I try to make the features obvious. Originally, the Kabutops from the prologue was supposed to be in Edge's place- but that'd make no sense- he'd kill the twins without a second thought, so I swapped him for Edge who is far more likely to underestimate the twins and get himself in a... heh.... sticky situation. xD

Also, another note- Kabutops cannot learn Rock Blast. So that prologue Kabutops was NOT alone. =P There's a handful of subtle details scattered about.

dea7f39640aqD.png

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
Aaaw, but I like slapbrick humor! *Not really* Looks as if Nyra passed through their current path or some other scuffle's happened relatively recently.

Though an extra horrified snivy is still better than no extra help at all once the actual confrontation starts at Talon & Co.'s end.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Nathandg
- No such thing as too much chaos!

MedMana
- Pfft. xD We'll find out eventually. And yeah- poor Reggie. He hasn't had great luck lately.

28f082ee1QTcC.png

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
... Seeing as I don't recall anyone from the three parties bleeding quite yet... that must mean that Nyra is nearby. Things are about to get even crazier, huh?

Also, there's seriously a LEGO trap? Guess some poor kid's punishment just became Naya's as well- and Echo's as well, if his reaction means anything!

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Finally, Naya again. :) Come on, you can do it!

By the way, are they near the flame? Time will tell. Good thing everything's coming together.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
You ever stepped on a lego? I have...it sucks xD And yeah it must be Nyra, or some other character we haven't met yet.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
MedMana
- Yes, there is a lego trap. See Page 28 of Chapter 3? =D It was hinted at there. Poor Naya. Even Echo thinks it's terrible- that says a lot. xD

Nathandg
- They're... eeeh- not that close. I'd say around halfway there, give or take. Running through the traps did speed things up.

Dragontamer
- We'll find out!

35ead6d52w0To.png

Epic_Mewtwo

Serebii decided to not give me email updates on this :(. I quite like this Reggie. I wonder what effect he's gonna have on the story...

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Looks like a fight's started. How will our heroes stand up against their enemies?

Naya's gotta prepare herself, it had to happen.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Okay, many apologies for my absence in the last few months. It was a rough semester and I had a hard time getting the time and motivation to work on art related stuff. At this point, I can't promise regular updates, but I do intend to try updating a bit more frequently. I'll be heading overseas for a few months, so that might make things more difficult.

tumblr_o05ts5MIEm1tgt7vco1_540.png