1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Rising Shadows

Discussion in 'Fan-Comics' started by PetuniaBubbles, May 10, 2013.

1. dragontamer44722

dragontamer44722 Pokegyms Owner

Aww the twins fell asleep....Very interested to see how the rest of the chapter pans out.

2. PetuniaBubbles

PetuniaBubbles Devoted Spriter

The twins got hit by a strong water attack. It's amazing they had the energy to tackle Bern down. Adrenaline, I suppose. xD

Next page:

[​IMG]

Disappointed by the lack of Bern's death this chapter? No worries! There is indeed death in this chapter- no one you care about though. Yet.

3. PetuniaBubbles

[​IMG]

Poor Naya

4. MedMana

MedMana Wired, Yet Tired

Why must you keep pulling me away from the interwebs, father? Serious things are happening!

Like censored massacre, apparently. Darn those memory holes~! My jokes are so horrible... (>_<')

5. PetuniaBubbles

Internet / comics > life, obviously. xD

Is okay. I have a friend who makes awful jokes all the time.

Anyway- next page/last page of Chapter five.

[​IMG]

Look- the first time I've drawn Moltres in full Lineart! =D I had fun coloring her in and all. So much glow!

6. dragontamer44722

Preeeetty. So then Moltres saved Naya from whoever is chasing her? Hmm...

7. PetuniaBubbles

=P

Chapter Six time!

[​IMG]

8. dragontamer44722

Preeeetty. And sweet new chapters soon yay!

9. PetuniaBubbles

=D Glad you like the cover!

Here's some news (copied and pasted from the SJ site) and the next page:

Someone asked during the streaming of this page how plants/trees manage to survive in a town with fire type Pokemon.

The answer is simple- this is years ago and the twins haven't been born yet.

Also- what's this? The page size is larger? YUP.

Ever since I started reading MTMTE I've noticed how much happens in the comic in such a short amount of time. And then I looked at PRS and how slowly things have progressed.

I came to ask myself 'how can I make things move faster' - and I found that the answer wasn't 'make more pages faster'- it was to use the space on each page better! But that brought another issue: How can I make the most out of each page?

I've been looking at other comics to see how much goes into each page- especially when it comes to paneling. PRS has had many many pages with few panels. In the past, I thought it was because my pages were too small for more panels- but in reality, ratio wise- it's the same as comics like MTMTE. So what was causing the problems?

Then it hit me: The text bubbles. I always leave a lot of space for them because I always want to ensure that the text is legible. Late last chapter after Bern is saved and Talon/Mist show up, you notice that there's a lot more going on in those pages- that's what I'd like to do more. Yet- it suffered because the text had to have been made small to make it happen.

So what's the solution? I will no longer be scaling down pages to 600x900- now they'll be 800x1200. This will allow me more freedom to put more on each page without worrying about the text bubbles being hard to read when scaled down.

I've changed all pages from 05-16 onward to the new size. Unfortunately, all pages made prior to that are stuck at 600x900 until I can remake them.

Wait- did you hear that right? Yes. Yes you did.

Starting in the near-ish future I'll be remaking the older PRS pages. Why? Well, even if PRS IS a for-fun project, I want it to look nice. So when I can, I'll start remaking 1-2 pages a month to avoid interfering with the regular updates.

Updates to the site layout will be made to accomodate the new page size.

Also, thanks to the PATREON page (and all the awesome people there), I've decided to go ahead and upgrade PRS to Donator status here on SJ so that I don't have to link the new pages from DeviantArt (which has resulted in broken pages in the past!)

YAY FOR NEWS.

[​IMG]

10. dragontamer44722

Wow love the look of Houndoom, and the explanation for all the tress xD Happy to see this continue :3

11. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

You know I've been following your comics in silence for quite a while and I have to say its pretty nice!

I comment though because I can't see the comics on post #434 and #436 :c

Besides that, I love how much you have improved in the art style. I enjoy quite most of your characters, especially Mist X3

12. PetuniaBubbles

Armada: Thank you! I figure most people here are lurkers (please do comment though! It's encouraging to see feedback!)
    Dragon: =D Thanks! It's been a while since I last drew Cero, but I think he came out nicely!

I'll fix the broken pages in a minute. Here are the next two pages (I forgot to post last week's here)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. dragontamer44722

So how come we aren't looking at the front of Moltres? Thats pretty suspicious >_>

14. PetuniaBubbles

Nah, nothing suspicious at all!

I forgot to post here last week, so two pages instead of one!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. dragontamer44722

The plot thickens >_>

16. PetuniaBubbles

Yes it does! Now let's see what's going on with our group of fire 'mon!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  17. MedMana

MedMana Wired, Yet Tired

Woah, woah! Calm your reptilian self there, Bern! What proof do you even have that it's her, anyway?!

Moltres' flame looks kinda like wet, curly hair. Itreally does make 'er look a bit more sad, to be honest...

18. PetuniaBubbles

MedMana
    - He's always a grump. I'm sure you'll find out why he's so bitter soon enough.

And her flame changes shape depending on her mood. When she got a bit angry/serious earlier, the shape changed slightly to be less wavy.

This page is late- but better late than never.

[​IMG]

19. MedMana

MedMana Wired, Yet Tired

And here I thought last week wasn't getti- wait. It's almost the next friday! oH, PLEASE TELL ME i'M NOT RIGHT ON THIS ONE! Keeping accidental Caps Lock 'cuz why not?

As for Bern... If he was involved with that not-so-little conflict, how the heck has he not evolved yet?! Did he develop a kidney-everstone or something? That would certainly explain why he's mad at everything!

20. PetuniaBubbles

MedMana
    - Ah, right- forgot to mention the following:

This is make-up for last week's missed update. With a little luck, this week's won't be late. Also, to celebrate a milestone on another site, I hope to do a few extra updates next week. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go full out 7 updates in a week like I usually do- but I will certainly try!

As for your question- Bern was quite young when this happened. I'd say he's pretty darn close to evolving at this point. His anger/frustrations/self-doubts might be holding him back some though.