• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Rising Shadows

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
mistimage2_by_nekoyugito-d6rlozv.png

Just a little preview of the next page. xD The next page is as lazy as the last few- probably more so- however- Page 18 has real backgrounds. However, considering I've got a week to finish the remaining buffer pages- 19 and 20 probably won't have nice backgrounds. xD

Also- I've got a Q&A on tumblr- I'll post up some of them here for you all to see. It can't make up for the lack of updates- but it's something! This is what my drawings look like when I REALLY rush. xD I can be very sloppy at times. I try not to get this bad while drawing the comic though.

Q&A#1
Q&A#2
Q&A#3
Q&A#4

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
mistimage2_by_nekoyugito-d6rlozv.png

Just a little preview of the next page. xD The next page is as lazy as the last few- probably more so- however- Page 18 has real backgrounds. However, considering I've got a week to finish the remaining buffer pages- 19 and 20 probably won't have nice backgrounds. xD

Also- I've got a Q&A on tumblr- I'll post up some of them here for you all to see. It can't make up for the lack of updates- but it's something! This is what my drawings look like when I REALLY rush. xD I can be very sloppy at times. I try not to get this bad while drawing the comic though.

Q&A#1
Q&A#2
Q&A#3
Q&A#4

Hehe, those Q&As are pretty amusing. They're not that bad, I will have to say. And great to hear news about any update, rushed or not. Looking forward to it. :)

TheShinyWriter

Poké-Journalist
Dem puppy-dog-eyes... X3
About the rushing; its fine, we're still getting some pages all the same. Just don't go nuts with da' scribbles and we should be able to see and read the page. X)

@TheShinyWriter: Yup- one shiny. She'll be the only one. xD Naya DOES have a tough case of amnesia there. It'll only get worse! AND YES: WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!
As for Mist's connection to the Sableye (Jasper) - that'll be explained eventually. He'll probably be a recurring character here and there. xD I just hope I get better at drawing sableye by then.

Ah, okay then. No more confusing me with irregular/shiny Pokemon then. ^^ Wuh, oh. It'll get worse? Just WHAT are you planning to put her through, huh? Apart from being oblivious of legendaries and making her crash into trees? XD ... Aw, really? ...NOOOOOOOOEEEEZZZ! *Runs to hidey hole.* I call free Wi-Fi in heaven! U8(
Okay, then. ^^ Should be interesting. And yeah, hopefully, you will. But at least he looks like a Sableye right now! So, it's not that bad! :)

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Two more Q&A images~!

Q&A#5
Q&A#6

Also- status on the buffer- I'm cutting it pretty close- but I think I should be able to get the last page done tomorrow or Thursday. The 3rd buffer page is a bit sloppier than I'd like- but it's not too terrible. xD 2nd Buffer page is the good one. Also- Chapter One ends with Page 20- which will be the last update in November! Updates will resume on November 8th~!

(I'm excited for Ch. 2~! I get to bring in one of the other main characters- whom I currently fail at drawing, but that won't matter cause- well.... you'll see. Also- the first few pages will be light on the backgrounds- so less work there. >D)

nathandg0924: The Q&A images/responses are meant to be silly and funny- and they're a good way to build on the characters some. xD They also don't take much time (due to sloppier drawing) so I can use them as fillers when I need to. xD

TheShinyWriter: No more shinies~! As for Naya's torture- just wait. Chapter Two is gonna be fun. >D I've been itching to get to Ch. 2- this part has just been a bit tough to get through for whatever reason. SOON.

EDIT: The buffer has been completed. There will be guaranteed updates from Nov. 8 - 29 every Friday.

Last edited:

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
New page is a few days early since the comic reached a milestone on another site. (100 fans/followers/watchers/whatever) =D Enjoy. Updates will resume as usual on Fridays for the next few weeks.

9c5cba637j4KM.png

Last edited:

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Finally! A new page and wow, Mist's reaction. It looks like something's up...

Rushed or not, I see nothing wrong with it. Great and better late than never. :)

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
New page is looking great, rushed or not and as Nate said, better late than never.

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
@Nathandg0924: xD Mist loves shiny stuff. And yeah- something is definitely up. Not that you'll know for a long while. xD
@HeroicRein: This next page isn't quite as rushed. xD In fact, it took longer than most pages do.

This page is a day early- but I felt like it. SO YEAH.

Oh hey- REAL backgrounds. For once. Don't expect them to last.

abdde92fdRc3U.png

Last edited:

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
New page is sure mysterious, the reaction of the Mismagius (who's name I forget...) is making me think something isn't right.

Really nice to see the "real backgrounds" and this page was very, very well done.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Great page. I echo HR's words, well done page.
Something really isn't right. Really, something's up with Mist. What'll happen in the next page?

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
@HeroicRein

Nothing is wrong- her name is Mist by the way~!
And yeah- backgrounds of the next two pages were rushed because that one took too long. Had I done the rest of the buffer pages like that I wouldn't have finished them in time. xD

@Nathandg0924

Again- nothing up. I'd be more worried about what Jasper was trying to say in page 17!

Thanks again for the comments- they really do make my day~!

e613f58babcba5c37537a9f7b8c052ac-d6sbnx8.png

Pink Harzard

So majestic
This comic is pretty cool to read. I love the interaction between the characters. And Naya is kind of scared of Mist while she is so nice to her. I hope this will be a ''good'' Ghost type. They are so many times potrayed as ''evil''. I wonder what is so special about the necklace. It looks pretty important.

Keep it up. I love it ^^

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Nice page Petunia!

It's looking really good and the necklace is looking suspicious. *cue music = Private Investigations - Dire Straits*

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
@Pink Harzard
I think most people are afraid of Mist. She's just a bit too hyper sometimes- so they think she's crazy. It's probably accurate though. xD But she's certainly not evil~! As for the necklace- it is important- I'm sure I'll get around to explaining it eventually. Who knows.

@Heroic Rein
Suspicious? What? Nooooo~! WHY in the world do you get that idea? xD Bwahahahahahaha... -flees-

@Nathandg0924
Events shall unfold. Eventually. xD

As usual, everyone- THANKS a ton for the comments and feedback. <3 It really does make it so much more worth it to work on this comic!

Anyway- here's the last page of Chapter One! I meant to post it early this morning (1 AM) but I kinda sorta forgot. =< My bad.

Also- I won National Novel Writing Month. =D So, my drawing time shall be restored.

af988fc24Pr8m.png

Last edited:

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Great new page and wow, great on finishing the first chapter of the comic. :)

Story's getting somewhere. Looks like there's going to be a new character coming too... let's see then..

BTW, congrats on winning that event and will there be more frequent updates from now on?

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Great new page and wow, great on finishing the first chapter of the comic. :)

Story's getting somewhere. Looks like there's going to be a new character coming too... let's see then..

BTW, congrats on winning that event and will there be more frequent updates from now on?

I'm glad to have gotten past that point. xD Took forever- but it was worth it~!

Story will begin moving in the next chapter with the introduction of Echo (No, not the Absol- you'll see more of her later though)! I'm excited for it.

As for updates- I'm out of buffer again. xD While I no longer have NaNo to eat my free time, I cannot promise more frequent updates. However, I can say the page quality will go up a little more since I won't be quite as pressured to finish the pages and will be able to work at a steady pace. I hope to get extra updates in here and there- but I know I'll be needing another buffer for my trip next month. No worries though- I promise I'll at least get one page a week. (They take a few hours each- 2-6 hours depending on the complexity of the background and characters involved!)

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Nice ending of the first chapter. That Absol in the shadows is pretty awesome. I wonder what kind of Pokémon Echo is.

Congratulations on winning the event ^^

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Nice new page Petunia and congratulations for winning that event, it must've been somewhat overwhelming.

The Absol is making me think that the necklace or even (Dammit! I forgot the Flareon's name again...) is evil...

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
Pink Harzard: Absol is a fun Pokemon. xD As for Echo... you may have to wait a long time on that one. I'll have fun watching all of the guessing that will probably come. xD

SilverChiko: Thank you, thank you! Remember that Absol's predict disasters- it could have been the volcano, or something else- I won't specify what. =D

Anyway- NEXT CHAPTER: START.

85ad99863yvRK.png