• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ruby team building

Malagoth

So yesterday I decided to restart my Ruby version, but I'm having huge trouble on how to build a decent team, note that it's been years since I've played Pokemon and some mechanics were unknown to me until now.

Anyway, I've only decided on 3 pokemon to be permanent on my party while the other three I'm still having doubts. The ones I've already chosen are:

Blaziken
Crobat
Metagross

And now I've got four groups in which I wanted to choose 3 pokemon out of this 9, which are:

Flygon or Salamence - Here I'm thinking that I'll only be able to get Salamence way too late in the game

Lanturn or Milotic - I'm thinking if Laturn being a double type is worth it, as it would make me no longer have the need to grab an electric pokemon

Raichu or Manetric - Of course, if I eventually choose to add Lanturn to my party, this choice will become obsolete

Armaldo, Slaking or Vileplume - All of them seem good additions to my team, but I don't know if I should add any of them

Help would be appreciated, and of course, if you have any criticism on the three I've already decided as final, I'll also gladly accept it.

Thanks, anyway!

Emeraldfan

I'd pick Salamence, Milotic and Manectric as the other three teammembers. Salamence has got higher Special Attack than Flygon, and you kinda needed that since the first three team members are mostly physical.

If you want me to suggest movesets, say so :)

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Yep. I agree with Emerald. But i would also suggest a Dusclops over Manectric.....
I've used a Calm Mind 'clops and it's proving to be a good and viable option, really. Though, I'm afraid Milotic and Dusclops would do exactly the same thing.

InfernapeFan

Pokemon Master
Remember that Milotic is a massive pain to obtain- it evolves from a feebas which is extremely rare.Also it needs max beauty, I think, to level up, so you'll have to be prepared to waste some time on it.
Also I am pretty sure you can't get metagross pre-E4 unless you trade it over.
I would get Slaking ahead of Metagross due to its availability earlier in the game, it is the perfect ingame pokemon-switch in, KO switch out.
Also you are quite weak to electricity if you don't get a Lanturn with volt absorb.
Just my two cents, and post if you want move sets.

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
Salamence is stronger than flygon so i recommend him. Lanturn is part electric type and he has massive health. If you choose laturn, you dont need another electric type. i think you should pick slaking but if you get annoyed of slaking slaking off then he's not the pokemon for you. If not him, Armaldo is cool.