• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Rumble (Melee!) Now dated Q4!

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
so, i got my first shiny =D
it's a shiny luxray with a skill (that i dont remember atm)
and i saw my first rotom out of the battle royale on fiery furnace (where i got my luxray) but didn't catch it :(
now on advanced rank S =D

and that's today's update ('til later ofc =P)

razor fire

While struggling through the Fiery Furnace I managed to find a lovely shiny Magneton. That's the second shiny as for now. I'm still trying to get a Kangaskhan but I just can't find him... I've been looking in the Rocky Cave for hours now....

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
im trying to get a rtom anda any eeveelutions =P
(stupid darkrai)
and fiery furnace seems to be the place for shinies =P

razor fire

W00t. I found two more shinies. A tangela and another one which I can't sem to remember right now...

razor fire

Yes. I managed to get a rotom through the recruitment facility. Took me two tries to get it. But I'm still missing a kangaskhan and a vaporeon.... sigh... It feels like I will never get those two.

Q: Are there different recruitment rates for each pokemon like in the Dungeon Series? Or do they all have the same rate?

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
ooh speaking of which i have a question!
can you recruit bosses?
and are you after darkrai or d you just like rotom ro do you want any of the other forms?

razor fire

Yes, you can recruit bosses though not in the Battle Royale. You can not recruit Pokemon there. (That sucks...)

I have beaten Darkrai at the Battle Royale if that's what you mean. My main goal is to collect every single Pokemon available. Obviously it will take a lot of time.

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
if you trade in the forms of rotom (to get them you trade in a rotom and an eeveelution) you get a darkrai ticket :3
and what about the three pixies (again) cos i know theyre in the battle royale but on serebii it doesnt list them on any of the levels :(

and rumble deserves its own board, or at least a club :3 (hint hint)

BCVM22

Q: Are there different recruitment rates for each pokemon like in the Dungeon Series? Or do they all have the same rate?

Random is random all the way around.

and what about the three pixies (again) cos i know theyre in the battle royale but on serebii it doesnt list them on any of the levels :(

http://serebii.net/melee/pokemon.shtml

Are you sure you looked?

or at least a club :3 (hint hint)

So go make a club. (hint hint)

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
nah i'm too lazy to make a club =P
and ooh i looked through each of the seperate areas pages, (they dont show EX mode)

razor fire

I'm still struggling in S Rank Another Mode.... sigh.. I wish you could power up you pokemon instead of having to recruit new ones all the time.

BCVM22

Then the game would be too easy. Try releasing some critters in exchange for a strong ticket or use a password to bring in another Pokémon.

razor fire

i wonder if you trade 5 mantykes or 5 bonsly you get some 2nd gen tickets? hmmm... o.o
You don't. 2nd gen and 3rd gen pokemon are absent in this game.

or use a password to bring in another Pokémon.

Problem is that so far there are only two passwords available in the EU version.

BCVM22

Ah. Well, start trading in critters for stronger ones, then. Pick your attacks carefully as well: attacks that are aces in the core games aren't necessarily the case here and vice versa. Devote some money to recruiting Pokémon and/or using the attack roulette.

razor fire

Well, I had an awesome Garchomp but it isn't really worth much now. And the stupid roulette keeps giving me Facade and Screech. But I'll give it a try.

Catbus

Meeoooowwwwww
Hi all,

Is there information anywhere about what moves each pokemon can learn? Can they learn all of the moves that they could learn in the DS games? For example, it seems like Yanmega is using bug buzz in the game when I battle them. However, even when I've befriended/captured yanmega that seemed to be using bug buzz, they don't know that attack. I've spent tons of time at the roulette wheel trying to get a bug buzz for my yanmega, but no luck. Does anyone know, can Yangema learn bug buzz?

Maybe I'm short cutting it. I usually save go back to the normal mode to learn moves cause they're only $200 a pop. When I've tried buying moves at the advanced level, they seem to be the same moves, only much more expensive. Is that true, or can you actually get better attacks at the advanced level?

Thanks!

BTW, I'm having my typical luck with shinies...none, even though I've played rumble for hours. I have tons of shinies in my DS games, but only from chaining. I only have encountered 1 in hundreds of hours of playing those DS games too! :( Then again, when I do find a rumble shiny, it will be very cool (probably will be graveler or something stupid like that! :D)

Last edited:

BCVM22

There are certain, more powerful moves that don't become available until you reach higher modes and levels and start using the gumball machines there, i.e. there are attacks you have a chance of getting from EX that you won't find in Normal C.

kelvSYC

You can get Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf - in EX. Uxie can be found in two of the stages, Mesprit in another two, and Azelf in the last two. Haven't recruited any of them yet. However, I did notice that every time I met them I've been on the level right before the boss. (Smacking Infernape with 6 Hydro Pumps doesn't seem real boss-like)

You can recruit bosses, and some claim that it's easier to recruit bosses based on the fact that they claim to have a easier time wobbling them. I've even gotten bosses with abilities (I also beat Normal S with a leadoff Zapdos, which I recruited from a boss battle).

I have 3 non-password Shinies. Pidgeot, Magneton, and Starmie. Both are below levels I normally use, though.

From my experience you only need one walkthrough each level before getting the necessary crew to beat the BR (exception is EX, prolly). Typically, by the time you are in your 4th or 5th stage, you will get your first BR-ready Pokémon. The only time you really need a second runthrough (and I did a second runthrough of Eternal Tower on Normal S) is if you don't have the bodies or you are short on cash and need better moves. (Even then, the stock moves I get from my BR-ready team is typically good enough. Only once have I lost BR from timeout - the rest it's from walking into boss attacks or being juggled by 6-7 guys without a sweep attack to keep them away).