• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Rumble (Melee!) Now dated Q4!

ShayRaeLaven

I just tried releasing 5 Eevee to get one of its evolutions. It didn't work. Does anyone know if there is there any other Pokemon I'm supposed to release with them? If so what are the combinations?

ShayRaeLaven

Is that the only way? I have too many Eevee but I cant seem to befriend many of its evolutions. I've only been able to get Flareon and Jolteon.

Nidoprince

So far I haven't been able to beat EX 3, but I'm still recruiting...by the way, can someone tell me if the events won't last forever or not? Thanks...

Nidoprince

The passwords, I mean.

BCVM22

Those aren't events. They're nothing more than pre-programmed alphanumeric passwords that Nintendo's PR department is letting out one by one.

Nidoprince

I know, I meant to say "Will someone tell me if the PASSWORDS last forever or not," like if they'll be invalid someday. I also need to know the level of the ones out right now, if somebody can answer that.

Anyway, I went to EX 3 Battle Royale and I actually beat the first part with Poliwrath first (Dynamic Punch and Ice Ball), Slowbro second (Surf and Confusion), and Hippowdon third (Fire Fang and Thunder Fang). I lost the second one, but came back with money which I spent on HP Bug on Magnezone...I know, it sucks, but that's the ONLY GOOD MOVE I could learn, so what the heck...I also decided to drop out again when I tried again at the first one, but I thought it was different than the dungeons and didn't know you'd lose all your money...so yea, all for nothing again. I guess I'm going to recruit even more, and the Pokemon I'm using know for the first part won't be used at all, and the ones for the second part will be used for the first part, and the new recruits will be used for the second part, if that makes any sense.

Also got Rumble TCG, and it's pretty fun. I like the actual TCG better though, obviously.

Last edited:

willdawg

Misty's Lover
I know, I meant to say "Will someone tell me if the PASSWORDS last forever or not," like if they'll be invalid someday. I also need to know the level of the ones out right now, if somebody can answer that.
They won't become invalid, they are part of the game code (like passwords from MegaMan on NES, they still work 20+ years later). If you felt up to it you could put in every random combination of numbers and find pokemon that haven't been released yet. Granted doing this makes a root canal seem like a walk in the park, but if you were that bored you could do it. By the way there are 24,310 possible passwords.

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere but using the release option with 5 fully evolved pokemon is a way to get the first stage evolution. Right now this seems to be the easiest was for me to get Abra as I have never seen it but I have 4 Alakazams.

Also it is possible to get 4th gen pokemon in Normal mode...they just have to be evolutions of 1st gen pokemon. I stumbled onto Magnezone in Normal Rank A this way.

And my first shiny was my first Ditto.

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
Is anybody else here having a hard time getting good moves for certain pokemon? I have spent over 50,000 back in the normal rank C where moves are only 200 and I cannot get Flamethrow or Fireblast for Charizard. Are there different moves for each section or something? Because ember just is not cutting it and I need a better fire move.

Nidoprince

Thanks willdawg for the answer, and you can get "Better" moves in EX difficulty.

willdawg

Misty's Lover
Well Nidoprince, I guess I should mention one possiblility of the codes not working. My MegaMan example works because it's a cart and "unchangable". Pokemon Rumble being Wii Ware could be subject to an update that could possibly make the codes become invalid. I don't think Nintendo would make an update like that (on purpose) and I don't recall seeing any piece of Wii Ware ever get updated so for all intents and purposes the codes will remain.

Speaking of moves available in each rank maybe those of us who are trying to get a certian move should write down the other moves that we get at a certian rank and post them.

Normal Rank C I've found:
Thunderbolt
Shockwave
Charge Beam
Shadowball
Tail Whip
Screech
Endure
Facade
Thief
Hidden Power
Secret Power

That's all I can remember at the moment.

Also, are we assuming that the move sets are the level up and TM/HM lists from DP or is there info somewhere about what a pokemon can learn?

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
Well, I think it might be any move at all. After about 100,000 P, I finally got Heat Wave for Charizard. I think it was in EX mode C rank. I have also gotten Belly Drum for him and Dragon Rush. He does not regularly learn any of those. I have also gotten some moves he learns with a tm only. The only problem is now that Charizard is starting to get outclassed with his number and I am going to have to befriend a new one, and Charizard are kind of hard to find for me.

I just keep thinking there has to be some kind of better luck with moves on other machines. If they were all the same, then wouldn't it just be best to get a crap load of cash and then go back to normal mode rank C and keep spending 200 at a time until you get your moves you want? I will do some more testing on it and see, although with all my Charizard move sets, it seemed I got most of the same moves at any place.

willdawg

Misty's Lover
Well in the game it says that more moves are available as you go up in rank. So Normal Rank C has 100 total moves (I'm just using 100 as a random number, I don't have any idea how many it actually has), Normal Rank B has those 100 moves and 50 more, Normal Rank A has the previous 150 and 50 more and so on with Advanced Rank C following Normal Rank S until EX Rank where all are available.

So then we know that in Rumble pokemon at least learn their level up moves, TM/HMs and Egg Moves. What about move tutors? And what game set? D/P, or Plat, or HG/SS, or all 3.

Also, Normal Rank C teaches Cut and Strength.

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
Ah ok, I must have missed that part. No wonder I wasn't getting any good moves lol. That is going to help me in the future.

I am not sure about the move tutor thing. It would be nice to know though, that way money is not wasted on something that is not reachable.

BCVM22

The randomness of the move machine is the only thing that makes your strong Pokémon short of unstoppable. There'd be no challenge if you could load up every critter with the strongest possible attacks at will.

willdawg

Misty's Lover
Well the move tutor question might be answered, my Venusaur just learned Frenzy Plant in the EX rank. The only reason I say might is that the elemental Hyper Beams are special, so either they are programmed specially or the move tutor moves are available.

So that only leaves the questions of what rank provides which moves and which game(s) the move lists come from.

Tickets

I'm sure everybody knows that if you release 5 of the same pokemon you get thier evolution, but today I found out that if you relase 5 of a fully evolved pokemon, e.g 5 gengar, you get a ticket for the basic form of that pokemon, which in this example would be a Gastly. Am I the only one who didn't know about this ?

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
I did not even know that you got a ticket for releasing 5 of the same pokemon! That will help me get the Charizard I need lol. I have only had this game 3 days now though, I guess there is alot more to it that you would think upon first play. It is a fun game though.

I agree with BCVM22 though, if we got to pick our moves or it was easy to get the good ones then the game would become way to easy and you could be unstoppable with any pokemon you choose.

willdawg

Misty's Lover
I only found that out because I wondered what would happen (actually I got Magnezone first when I was wondering as I assumed that during Normal you couldn't get 4th gen. For some reason the Magnmite family loves me in this game). It seems that it will be the only way I'm going to get Abra, all I need is one more Alakazam or one more Kadabra.