• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PCN24454

I liked the false friend approach, it made it hurt more. It was certainly better than the other twist villains.

Lysandre-The moment he opened his mouth, everyone should've guessed what he was about. At the very least everyone should've been less surprised and more like, "Yeah, that adds up."

Lusamine-She didn't even need to open her mouth for people to know that something was up. The opening cutscene to the game and Lusamine reaction to hearing the name Lillie was all you needed.

Rose-We literally looked at him and said, "Nevermind, Leon's not evil. This guy is."
I feel like false friends are too clichéd to leave an impact on me anymore.

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Re: Evil Team

What if the professor in the opposite game turned out to be evil (assuming both exist in each game)? That would be different.

Ultra Beast Lover

Although, it would be funny if, as a joke by the developers, there was a roadblock and everyone's just like, "Oh no, it looks like you can't get past that line of Psyduck. Guess you'll have to go another way." Prompting the player to hop on their legend and jump over the roadblock, causing the NPC to stare at you and just say, "... or you can do that."

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I don't think we're going to receive much more info before November. In fact, I'd be surprised if we got anything other than one more small trailer.

I'm hoping the PokéTimes Twitter page posts gameplay footage like they did with Legends. I still need to see actual gameplay.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I don't think we're going to receive much more info before November. In fact, I'd be surprised if we got anything other than one more small trailer.

I'm hoping the PokéTimes Twitter page posts gameplay footage like they did with Legends. I still need to see actual gameplay.
Well, Pokemon is going to be a PAX. Its possible they'll have a demo and 1 or 2 reveals with it, like what happened with Swsh and Impidimp.

Its also possible that from now to November, we'll just get a trailer in September or October

I expect at least 2, one that shows other features plus the middle starter stages, then one that's a recap trailer that shows the final forms close to launch.

Autobot N

I don't think we'll see the final evos before the datamine, they usually never get revealed that early. I think SM were the only times it happened recently, probably so they could show off the Z moves (IIRC the Hisuian form starters were teased but not actually shown)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

At the very least we'll probably get a smattering of new Pokemon and Paldean forms revealed every few weeks. But beyond that we still need to know about the two other quests and the evil team. And there's a good chance you'll get to see actual gameplay at PAX West. TPC is attending, and they'll probably show a SV demo there. I doubt we get next to nothing. We know a lot now, but not quite enough yet.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
(from the official site)
"In Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, you can now make changes to your character’s eye shape, mouth shape, and more to look the way you want to look. You can, of course, change your hairstyle, hair color, and eyebrows at salons, too, so look your best when on your Treasure Hunt!
this is actually really nice! I found the overworld models in the first trailers to be a bit bland, but if they're customizable, that's a point in their favor.

One thing I'm curious about is if there will be a future DLC addition similar to the Max Soup that could change a pokemon's tera type.
I would assume so. We've had the Ability Patch and Capsule, so it seems likely.
I suppose it could work like the cram-o-matic in SwSh or crafting in PLA, making use of items like black sludge or sharp beak, for instance, in order to assign the new type.

I wonder if we'll get a dorm. Fingers crossed that we can decorate it.
oh I'd like that too. even if it's just the room in the player's house.

I liked the false friend approach, it made it hurt more. It was certainly better than the other twist villains.

Lysandre-The moment he opened his mouth, everyone should've guessed what he was about. At the very least everyone should've been less surprised and more like, "Yeah, that adds up."

Lusamine-She didn't even need to open her mouth for people to know that something was up. The opening cutscene to the game and Lusamine reaction to hearing the name Lillie was all you needed.

Rose-We literally looked at him and said, "Nevermind, Leon's not evil. This guy is."
corporate was the real evil all along

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
YO!!!!!!! o_O

(from the official site)
"In Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, you can now make changes to your character’s eye shape, mouth shape, and more to look the way you want to look. You can, of course, change your hairstyle, hair color, and eyebrows at salons, too, so look your best when on your Treasure Hunt!"

You have no idea how long I've waited for this. I can actually customize the face!
Yet still no expanded makeup options (ie eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)

I mean, what you mentioned here is awesome and all, but still, what the heck?

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah it's weird because the player in USUM is stated to be 11 and can wear makeup and you'd thing that they'd put makeup and jewelry into the game for the kids who like to play dress up. I mean, I don't mind it too much but it is weird.

scififan21

Well as long as they are not annoying any evil team is fine by me. I really don't pay that much attention to them anymore. So you guys think we'll get another trailer this month? I have a feeling we might since we are three months out, but marketing for these games has been weird. SWSH had two in August if I remember correct, but they also had one in July S/V didn't.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yet still no expanded makeup options (ie eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)

I mean, what you mentioned here is awesome and all, but still, what the heck?

Well we haven't gotten the game yet. Perhaps it'll happen.

Personally, I wish there was a facial hair option. Only in X&Y was it possible, and it was only for the PR videos.

Autobot N

Well we haven't gotten the game yet. Perhaps it'll happen.

Personally, I wish there was a facial hair option. Only in X&Y was it possible, and it was only for the PR videos.
I could see it in future games with an older trainer but facial hair on one of these 10 year old SV protags would look very odd

Ultra Beast Lover

I completely forgot, it looks like the PC is gone, we're back to the portable box. Can't say I mind too much. Nowadays, games where you need to collect fighters there's an option in the menu that lets you automatically switch them out, it's not like it even made the game any harder having to go back and forth, just tedious. The only problem I have with it is that it's a free full heal, you can just switch your injured Pokemon into the box then out again. Of course, if there's no "select multiple" feature then I suppose it would just be quicker to take them to a Pokemon Center, and you'll still need it to refill your Terastel energy. Also, personally, I probably will still put them into the Pokemon Center, even if I do use the PC. My Pokemon just don't feel as though they're healed if I don't take them to the Pokemon Center and hear the jingle.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I completely forgot, it looks like the PC is gone, we're back to the portable box. Can't say I mind too much. Nowadays, games where you need to collect fighters there's an option in the menu that lets you automatically switch them out, it's not like it even made the game any harder having to go back and forth, just tedious. The only problem I have with it is that it's a free full heal, you can just switch your injured Pokemon into the box then out again. Of course, if there's no "select multiple" feature then I suppose it would just be quicker to take them to a Pokemon Center, and you'll still need it to refill your Terastel energy. Also, personally, I probably will still put them into the Pokemon Center, even if I do use the PC. My Pokemon just don't feel as though they're healed if I don't take them to the Pokemon Center and hear the jingle.
SwSh didn’t fully heal any Pokémon you switched out of your team and put into Boxes. They still have any damage they had before being put into the Box and are only healed by using the Pokémon Center.