• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Yeah they would have brought it up by now, if that were the case.

I feel simply that some Pokemon will be limited to certain Tera types, some being more common and some being more rare.

Like maybe Eevee can become any of the Tera 18 types, due to being Normal type, but maybe Tyranitar is limited to only certain Tera types,

I don't think there is a limit. I think any pokemon can have any Tera type, and it's all at random.

The fact that we have Tera Blast pretty much explains it. The move ensures a pokemon can make use of any Tera type.

Ivannis

I believe that any Pokemon can have any Tera type as long as they know a move of that type. Shedinja does not know any Electric-type moves, so it cannot have Electric as a Tera type.
That's what I think too. And Tera Blast is here to help the ones with only status or poor moves of its Tera Type.
But maybe we're wrong and it's like Hidden Power, same Tera Type forever (until the DLCs) determined with its IVs stats or similar.

In any case, it's known that the trainer must have the Tera Orb in his/her item bag. But does anyone know if the poke must carry any kind of Tera Item (like the Mega Stones o the Z-Crystals) at the same time, or it will be "item free" like the Giga/Dynamax forms?

Well, if an item is needed, the almighty Shedinja Eletric Tera Type is a little less broken xD

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
That's what I think too. And Tera Blast is here to help the ones with only status or poor moves of its Tera Type.
But maybe we're wrong and it's like Hidden Power, same Tera Type forever (until the DLCs) determined with its IVs stats or similar.

In any case, it's known that the trainer must have the Tera Orb in his/her item bag. But does anyone know if the poke must carry any kind of Tera Item (like the Mega Stones o the Z-Crystals) at the same time, or it will be "item free" like the Giga/Dynamax forms?

Well, if an item is needed, the almighty Shedinja Eletric Tera Type is a little less broken xD
Nope, seems it all relies on the Tera Orb. Just, in order to Terastalize you need to have a fully charged Tera Orb, otherwise it just gives increased stab for the Pokemon I believe.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Pokemon don't have to hold a Tera Item to transform. In the latest trailer, we see Breelom showcasing the new item Loaded Dice while in its Tera Form.

TwilightBlade

The new cycling lizard Pokemon is kind of cool I guess. It reminded me of a grown up version of Axew actually lol. Not a huge fan of lizard or reptile Pokemon as a general rule but I can see the appeal of this one. :]

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The new cycling lizard Pokemon is kind of cool I guess. It reminded me of a grown up version of Axew actually lol. Not a huge fan of lizard or reptile Pokemon as a general rule but I can see the appeal of this one. :]
I really like Cyclizar but the cherry on top is now having a trio of normal type lizards.

Cyclizar, Heliolisk and Kecleon would make for good travel buddies or a normal type gym team.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Y use Water when Ground do trick

Because in the trailer, they want to bait the opponent into using a Water type move to get a Steam Engine boost. You'd want the Tera type to be either Grass, Water, or Dragon so it can resist Water and take minimal damage. Ground won't help much because it's still weak to Water.

Autobot N

Because in the trailer, they want to bait the opponent into using a Water type move to get a Steam Engine boost. You'd want the Tera type to be either Grass, Water, or Dragon so it can resist Water and take minimal damage. Ground won't help much because it's still weak to Water.
No I mean why would you use a Water type move assuming that it has steam engine, just use a ground move. Would still be 4x effective to the original typing

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I honestly wonder if Kecleon is in this game if both Color Change and Synchronoise would be updated for the Terastalize gimmick.

EDIT: SV Japanese news feed confirms that all Pokemon will be able to have any of the 18 types as their Tera Type in SV.

Lets see the meta plan for this!

Definitely now going to hunt for a Water tera type Cetitan.

Last edited:

scififan21

So I was going to read more on the offical video game site and it wasn't working anybody else having the problem or just me getting a 404 error?

scififan21

Figured it out, I tend to use a VPN service apparantly the site doesn't like my VPN. XD