• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
It is kinda a mix between an Aye Aye and a ring-tailed lemur, though.
And you are right that they're not Monkeys, but they are still Primates.
True and of course.

Also, think this is the closest we'll get to see it with its hood off, though my guess is that the back of the head and ears are still the dark grey likes its torso and tail.

FbniSbQWQAAT8gL

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Yeah, reported even before replying. But I mention some kind of action that could prevent those types of posts from happening rather than just removing after they have already spoiled things to people. Some kind of very visible warning on the top of this section (and punishments in case someone still do that, like a temporary ban on this specific section - I admit I don't know if some kind of punishment is already applied as it is).

EDIT:

Oh well, I guess this says everything about what I needed to know about this kind of thing would be handled. Saves me the time of bothering complaining about future spoilers. Better to just avoid this board and come back once the game is out.
If you are really going spoiler/leak-free, how do you know that something about that post is in fact, a leak/spoiler?

Is your gripe about having implied that there are possibly multiple champions? There is always one Champion in the game and that is the current title holder (except Gen 7), and every one else labeled 'Champion' are past title holders.

Also, if your primary concern are leaked names/images or major gameplay, story, and characters being posted, of course it will be removed.

Last edited:

Autobot N

If you are really going spoiler/leak-free, how do you know that something about that post is in fact, a leak/spoiler?

Is your gripe about having implied that there are possibly multiple champions? There is always one Champion in the game and that is the current title holder (except Gen 7), and every one else labeled 'Champion' are past title holders.

Also, if your primary concern are leaked names/images or major gameplay, story, and characters being posted, of course it will be removed.
Looking back at the post there aren't any spoilers in it. Let's look at the SV website. It says, and I quote (emphasis mine) "The Paldea region has a Pokémon League and a special class of pro-rank Pokémon Trainers who have achieved the Champion Rank. These Trainers have grown with their Pokémon to be able to dazzle audiences with their skills in battle."

The website specifically confirms multiple trainers holding the Champion Rank. So it's not a spoiler, it's confirmed information.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Looking back at the post there aren't any spoilers in it. Let's look at the SV website. It says, and I quote (emphasis mine) "The Paldea region has a Pokémon League and a special class of pro-rank Pokémon Trainers who have achieved the Champion Rank. These Trainers have grown with their Pokémon to be able to dazzle audiences with their skills in battle."

The website specifically confirms multiple trainers holding the Champion Rank. So it's not a spoiler, it's confirmed information.

It does make me curious as to how the final battle of the gym story will go.

I mean, if 'Champion' is merely a rank and not a title, who is the final determinant for the ascension?

Akashin

It does make me curious as to how the final battle of the gym story will go.

I mean, if 'Champion' is merely a rank and not a title, who is the final determinant for the ascension?
Seeing as the end point of that story is called an assessment, my guess would be that we fight a Champion-class (or however you want to refer to them) Trainer? Nemona is noted to be experienced, so maybe her? Regardless, I do think we will have to battle somebody who holds the rank of Champion to get there ourselves.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Seeing as the end point of that story is called an assessment, my guess would be that we fight a Champion-class (or however you want to refer to them) Trainer? Nemona is noted to be experienced, so maybe her? Regardless, I do think we will have to battle somebody who holds the rank of Champion to get there ourselves.

Sounds kinda lame.

You could technically end up battling any random person with a Champion rank, and I'd rather it not be Nemona since we're already going to have to battle her multiple times throughout the game.

Ultra Beast Lover

Maybe we fight four other trainers who also achieved Champion rank, making them akin to the E4, and the strongest of the Champion rank trainers is the acting Champion.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think that you'll actually have to find the Champion yourself in the overworld, with a choice of one of six trainers (who use types not represented in either the Gym Leaders or the Elite 4) to fight as the Champion equivalent, although you can fight the other five during the postgame.

Akashin

Sounds kinda lame.

You could technically end up battling any random person with a Champion rank, and I'd rather it not be Nemona since we're already going to have to battle her multiple times throughout the game.
What difference is there between what I said and every other game in the series? I wasn’t implying that it will actually be random; i expect there will be a fixed ‘Champion’ that we have to defeat to become a Champion ourselves, same as every other game. It’s just that we’re not necessarily battling them for their title, but to join them at that rank.

As far as Nemona goes, they could hypothetically do something where since she’s more experienced she’s already done the gym challenge, and by the end of the game she is a rival-turned-champion a la Blue, Hop and Chase. It’s a possibility, if not the most likely one.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
What difference is there between what I said and every other game in the series? I wasn’t implying that it will actually be random; i expect there will be a fixed ‘Champion’ that we have to defeat to become a Champion ourselves, same as every other game. It’s just that we’re not necessarily battling them for their title, but to join them at that rank.

As far as Nemona goes, they could hypothetically do something where since she’s more experienced she’s already done the gym challenge, and by the end of the game she is a rival-turned-champion a la Blue, Hop and Chase. It’s a possibility, if not the most likely one.

I'm not saying it will literally be random, but in theory and in terms of lore. I don't mind there being an assessment, but it has to mean something. I don't wanna just battle other students; I want to battle someone with legacy.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I wonder if we get actual proper trailer this month, or that one Pokemon reveal was the only thing Sept...

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I wonder if we get actual proper trailer this month, or that one Pokemon reveal was the only thing Sept...
You already given up on September on the third day? It’s two past the Grafaiai reveal. Let a week or two go by first to see if there are any teasers or trailers coming or announced.

scififan21

So we did just get merely the reveal of this Pokemon and nothing else?

Laaaaaame.
Yeah I was hoping for more, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get something more in a couple of weeks. Maybe if I'm lucky on the 14th that would be a fun little birthday present. (Joking)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Getting a single piece of info is nothing surprising. They've done this a few times before with Sirfetch'd, Galarian Ponyta and Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark.

Anyway, with 2 and a half months left, there's bound to be at least one trailer for September, October, and the final launch trailer for November. Also a reminder that we still haven't seen the live action trailer that was shot at Spain.