• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The design isn't what I expected it to be. It's not as frog-like as I had imagined.

I do like the misleading eyes. Although, now that I know its real eyes, I don't see frog anymore.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Not what I was thinking since knowing from the leaks.

Feel like it be stronger in design if it was yellow and black.

Need to see more for a full opinion

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

It's fat. That means it is automatically good! No need to think about anything else!

Pudimon

Certified Pudding Monster
Frog aside, man I really love Iono, it's a shame in-game she's not gonna be half as cool because there's not gonna be any voice acting (although I'm sure some people would prefer it that way since they can't see Iono's greatness)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Looks like one of those frog purses you see in Japanese media.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

It does make sense though because Bellibolt is a plasma frog.

I thought it’s stomach was a speaker at first but after looking at the video again it’s clearly meant to be a plasma globe . Plus, it does feel like it’s supposed to be a Violet exclusive pokémon and fits with Iono’s overall aesthetic since it looks more like a futuristic toy than an actual frog

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Bellibolt looks so funny and wholesome. Definitely adding it to my team.

And man Iono is soooooo funny. She's just one whole package of the typical livestreamer clichees and is pretty much an overexeggerated parody of the annoying and fame hungry (small) part of social media stars. Her being like that and her appearance is truly a piece of art.

10/10 girl.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok, THANK GOD there is no voice acting in this game or I would have to do her whole gym on mute lol.

Bellibolt is adorable though <3!!!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
NEAT

Bellibolt’s Ability, Electromorphosis, is a new Ability appearing for the first time in these titles. Bellibolt becomes charged when hit by an attack, boosting the power of the next Electric-type move it uses.
Oh, so it’s like an Electric type version of Stamina

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
The Pokémon has an.. interesting design. Maybe not to my personal taste, but still I get where they’re going with it, possibly based on those frogs that look like they have extra eyes on their backs?

I do however, find this new gym leader ridiculously fun. I haven’t felt this fondness toward a gym leader since Fantina. She’s absolutely brilliant..

Orphalesion

Awww it's cute. It looks like some sort of Frog that should hang out with Hello Kitty, but is also a squeaky toy. I like how the fake eyes kinda end up looking like headphones making it fit pretty well with Iono's streamer theme. It kinda looks like it could be a professional gamer or something like that, or maybe it's doing the sound editing for Iono's videos? :p
It kinda reminds me of the more abstract "monster" designs Pokemon did in earlier generations (you know the type of Pokemon you can mostly just describe as "looking like a monster/anime creature") it reminds me of Snorlax or Chansey, only somewhat frog-flavoured.
I also like the colour design.

Last edited:

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
Going from Iono having two voiced streams to then go to her having zero voice in-game was some whiplash lmao.
I think Iono's the first character so far who truly looks good in both 2D and 3D. This artstyle is seriously really terribad. Really hope they go back next games.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Going from Iono having two voiced streams to then go to her having zero voice in-game was some whiplash lmao.
I find it odd people keep acting like this is new when ORAS did a similar thing.