• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I’m glad he left
Don’t like his out of place designs
Wishing him luck

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Well Iono is scary. It's the combination of that very energetic personality....and what appears to be shark teeth she has (seriously what's up with that o_O?)
Hopefully she only appears in the gym and nowhere else.
Why does she have sharpened teeth….
Unsettling to say the least.

Trillion

just saw an image of bellibolt. i thought it was meh until i realized the things on the side aren't the eyes. that actually made me like it a little better

very cool ability too

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
No one wants to "basically cause WW3" over this. It's fine if people didn't like it. It's not that big of a deal.
I'm glad you agree with that. We already have problems with Russia and North Korea, let's not re-add Japan to our list of enemies in the US. XD

EDIT: I forgot that Deerling isn't in the Sword/Shield Pokedex so it can't be transferred to Galar. :(

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
They already did that with Anorith and Armaldo.
they have also made multiple pokémon that mimic a pokéball's shape and color scheme, so I don't see the problem in similar markings. Anorith and Armaldo have been six generations ago.

I like Bellibolt, but realize what was throwing me off on it. A simple edit and much stronger now I think.
FAKEMON2.png
this edit really does it for me. I guess I'll just headcannon it haha

Marzbar

they have also made multiple pokémon that mimic a pokéball's shape and color scheme, so I don't see the problem in similar markings. Anorith and Armaldo have been six generations ago.

this edit really does it for me. I guess I'll just headcannon it haha
Maybe the shiny form will fix any perceived design flaws. Shinies these days rarely look worse

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Spoiler rules have been added.

Effective once the game leaks or game previews are out. Whichever comes first.

I posted this because English Hands-on Impressions of SWSH were out on October 18, 2019. Japanese previews were out October 25th. Better safe than spoiled.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Download cards for the game are now available on Japanese shelves. The game is around 7.0 GB, compared to SWSH's 10.3 GB (as written on the card for both).
  • "That means SV has less content."
    • No. File size is not indicative of amount of content. File compression might have been more optimized this time. Also, there could be a launch day update.
  • "The game can be played already."
    • No. The game can be only be pre-loaded but cannot be played.
  • "Can't wait for the datamine."
    • No. It cannot be datamined. Data has a special encryption that is only unlocked once the game is live, which is on release day.
    • A datamine can only happen if an actual physical copy of the game has been dumped and leaked.

Last edited:

Acer11

I am really interested in all the new features the game will have, including an original song in the game. (This wouldn't be the first time a video game had an original song, you know)

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I want to hear more battle music… so far wasn’t impressed
there was less than 10% music shown in the trailler. One thing pokemon can count on even if everything else fails is music. I will even go as far as I say the day Pokemon makes bad music is when Pokemon as a franchise dies.
Even BDSP had some good music ( like Sinnoh elite four)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm hoping we'll get a new Follow Me user in Scarlet & Violet. I never got around to catch Indeedee or Pachirisu & I'm only planning on having Gen 9 pokemon on my team, so having one on my team would definitely help in doubles

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Download cards for the game are now available on Japanese shelves. The game is around 7.0 GB, compared to SWSH's 10.3 GB (as written on the card for both).
  • "That means SV has less content."
    • No. File size is not indicative of amount of content. File compression might have been more optimized this time. Also, there could be a launch day update.
  • "The game can be played already."
    • No. The game can be only be pre-loaded but cannot be played.
  • "Can't wait for the datamine."
    • No. It cannot be datamined. Data has a special encryption that is only unlocked once the game is live, which is on release day.
    • A datamine can only happen if an actual physical copy of the game has been dumped and leaked.
Well, looks like Game Freak learned their lesson after seeing all the leakers crawl out and reveal things too early so they are ensuring that people won't learn the entire Pokedex or story before the game comes out. XD

Guys, it's 10 days to Halloween and 18 days to the release. I know a month is a pain to wait but do something more productive than try to datamine download cards. Like... making a Living Pokedex like I'm doing. I just added the promo Genesect to HOME. ^_^

Copley Hill Gym

That's cool. Good idea.

I finally completed my living Dex last July, and worked out that my living dex technically started on 21 November 2001, which is when I got Pokémon Ruby on a holiday with my parents and sibling in the USA. This means that my oldest Pokémon is a Sceptile - which is now 21 years old.

So I have been collecting them all for 21 years continuously, if I discount the fact that I had Pokémon Red, then Silver, then Crystal between 25 December 1999 and then 21 November 2001 when I discovered you couldn't bring your GB critters along with you to the GBA.

I have been reorganising my Pokémon Home so I can fit in all of the new creatures into the living dex. Probably need a minor clear out as I have over 2700 saved!

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Well, looks like Game Freak learned their lesson after seeing all the leakers crawl out and reveal things too early so they are ensuring that people won't learn the entire Pokedex or story before the game comes out. XD

Guys, it's 10 days to Halloween and 18 days to the release. I know a month is a pain to wait but do something more productive than try to datamine download cards. Like... making a Living Pokedex like I'm doing. I just added the promo Genesect to HOME. ^_^
My National Dex is complete in Home, my National Dex in card form is only missing solo Calyrex (the newest Japanese set has it, hopefully that translates to Silver Tempest), I just ordered some singles from my local card shop, putting me two cards away from completing the Celebrations set (still haven't pulled Charizard and don't want to pay its single going rate) and I've been shiny hunting in Dynamax Adventures! In the last two weeks, I got shiny Drednaw, Machoke, Giratina, Thievul and Musharna! There are ways to bide my time until Scarlet and Violet.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Nintendo Life info-

All trainer battles are optional. You have the choice to say yes or no to a battle.

They said they were using a older version, but he confirmed that the Sunflora were very sluggishly animated in his version. Seems animations in the wild are fine, but for towns that aren't seperated by a loading screen (only 2 cities do so), it chugs a lot. Except when going into a building or gym.

Switching Pokemon can sometimes take longer than usual, belief is that the game is loading in the Pokemon model

Textures can blur in the overworld if too much going on

Frame rate is at 30, some areas and features can chug a lot. Some Pokemon actions like Let's Go have the Pokemon just popping into the scene and popping out out of sync with the Pokeball animation.

Terastilzation animation is like 15 seconds long.

He isn't sure if there's a version which has fixed this out there or if it'll be patched on day 1.