• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The Pokémon Company have posted a link to a special Pokémon site featuring a Chest, a number and a count. With this, they are tweeting at certain times the count alongside the chest. At present we have no further ddetails but will share any as they come so be sure to keep checking back

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm going to hope this'll be the final reveal.

Orphalesion

Hmm something appears to be wrong when I try to access that website.
The chest is open(ing?) but there's nothing in there.

Orphalesion

The counter on the chest.pokemon website has switched from 199 to 359 btw.
There's also now some coins visible in the chest.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yo, we're finally getting a mimic Pokemon?

(Kudos if you get the reference.)

Orphalesion

Yo, we're finally getting a mimic Pokemon?

(Kudos if you get the reference.)

Considering it's probably the Pokemon that has appeared in Go. (the coins seem similar, and the concurrent appearance of it and the Pokemon in Go is likely not coincidental) not quite. At least not exactly the way mimics look in DnD.
Unless the Pokemon form Go evolves into one (or has a second form that resembles one)

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Considering it's probably the Pokemon that has appeared in Go. (the coins seem similar, and the concurrent appearance of it and the Pokemon in Go is likely not coincidental) not quite. At least not exactly the way mimics look in DnD.
Unless the Pokemon form Go evolves into one (or has a second form that resembles one)
I was more referring to Dragon Quest, and to be fair, it was a joke.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
We technically already had those in the form of the Voltorb line, the Foongus line, and Galarian Stunfisk.
As long as it's a living creature that disguises itself as a nonliving object, it's a mimic, regardless of what the disguise is based on, unless you're willing to believe that the concept of treasure chests don't exist in the Pokemon world and people will immediately see a wooden box and say it's a Pokemon because they never saw anything like it before.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I wonder if the world will be less empty than how swsh wild areas and LOa were..
I mean ; buildings, caves, mazes, puzzles (which we didn’t have for swsh at all).
What do u think?
Well, I definitely want to see more cities. Bigger ones if posible. The final trailer showcased a city that looks very metropolitan, I’m hoping it’s bigger than what we saw.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

A new Pokémon has been revealed, the Pokémon is called Gimmighoul and is a Ghost-type Pokémon. It has two forms, Roaming Form that you can see currently in Pokémon GO and a Chest Form. Chest Form has the ability Rattled
You will be able to connect Pokémon Go to Pokémon Scarlet & Violet in 2023. You won't be able to send Pokémon from GO directly to Scarlet & Violet but linking will allow you to get Roaming Form Gimmighoul in Pokémon GO

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Gimmighoul!
The names this gen are really good so far.
I gotta say I prefer the Chest Form to the Roaming Form.
Also, the Roaming form is tiny!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?

A new Pokémon has been revealed, the Pokémon is called Gimmighoul and is a Ghost-type Pokémon. It has two forms, Roaming Form that you can see currently in Pokémon GO and a Chest Form. Chest Form has the ability Rattled
You will be able to connect Pokémon Go to Pokémon Scarlet & Violet in 2023. You won't be able to send Pokémon from GO directly to Scarlet & Violet but linking will allow you to get Roaming Form Gimmighoul in Pokémon GO
That's cute. I wasn't expecting the treasure chest to be part of Gimmighoul's design when I first saw the Pokemon GO sprite, but that adds a lot more to the design.