• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

scififan21

I bought mine physically I prefer to have the physical games. I've only bought one Pokemon Game digitally and that was PLA. Sorry don't have a clue for the EShop.

Julia Artemis

Honestly I like cyberpunk stuff so I don't mind Iron Treads design but also want to see what it feels like seeing it when playing the game. But seeing it's sketch I think it looks cool.

Julia Artemis

I was just wondering do you think the Flying Terra Pikachu will be able to evolve? Because I always hate being stuck with a Pikachu but Raichu was my third favorite pokemon when I first played gen 1 so I would love to having a special Raichu

falconlord

I'm gonna say probably not.

Raichu pretty much always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to special promotions and stuff.

Julia Artemis

Yeah it's such a shame I absolutely love Raichu. It's my favorite design of all of the electric mice. I do appreciate they created Alolan Raichu it's a really great design too

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
For me, Pokemon Go was eating up too much of my phone data every month, and the tedious and time-consuming levelling system effectively locked me out of some other features like battling and raids (it's no fun when a Team Go Rocket grunt whips out a CP4000 Crobat at a point in the game when you have nothing higher than CP1500). I don't intend on returning to Go, which is why I'm concerned that you may need it to get Roaming Gimmighoul.

Yea that isn't good either. I rarely used it, apart from the very occasional raid, Pokestop and Team Rocket battle.

Exactly. That's annoying and it's pay to win. It locks out more rural players, etc..

Yep it wouldn't be a good thing if it's locked to Go. I'd be out of luck.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Is any1 going to get the games in E-shop? Can we download it yet?
I'm getting Violet on the eShop for my Switch. I'm also getting a physical double pack for my kids to use on their Switch.

It doesn't look like they're preseeding the downloads on devices yet. And they haven't charged my card.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Hi, a general question - is anyone going to play the games on V1 or v2 Switch and not on the OLED or the SV OLED ones?

Orphalesion

Hi, a general question - is anyone going to play the games on V1 or v2 Switch and not on the OLED or the SV OLED ones?
I'm keeping my current Switch all the OLED has is a somewhat bigger screen with a better resolution.
And I never thought the resolution in my current Switch was bad.
If I had a Switch Lite I'd upgrade, but not from a normal Switch

scififan21

From what I've seen and read these games seem like they will be good. Apparently according to people who played early even the beginning section is quite vast. Which is awesome to me lots of room to explore.