• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Yeah it's such a shame I absolutely love Raichu. It's my favorite design of all of the electric mice. I do appreciate they created Alolan Raichu it's a really great design too

Alolan Raichu is great!

Kangaflora

Alolan Raichu is great!
Agreed. I love it's Psychic typing. It would be a real shame if we couldn't transfer Alolan Raichu to the Scarlet and Violet games.

Julia Artemis

I've been trying to do Dynamax adventures to get a shiny Alolan Raichu but so far no luck. Really want one and unfortunately can't Masuda method it

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
⚠️THE GAME HAS BEEN PUBLICLY LEAKED⚠️
BEWARE OF SPOILERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA

Should you wish to discuss it, all non-official info should be spoiler-tagged and labeled on this thread.
Please strictly follow this rule.

Noy

Ugh, a whole week of playing "dodge the spoiler", This is going to be horrible.

That aside: I do hope these data-miners compile the info on things like sandwich and egg mechanics, by the time of the game's release; so we jump straight into using those things effectively, out the gate. I want a shiny on my team, for the first champ entry.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
If anyone wants to find out specific information on the game without seeing spoilers you’re trying to avoid, I’d recommending asking on the spoilers thread, I watch the thread so you don’t get notifications for every reply, & wait to see if someone responds to you.

I’ve seen a chunk of the pokémon but I’m avoiding the thread unless I want to ask something since I want to avoid story, character, & team spoilers at all cost

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
6 days in Australia :)
So excited for these games

My hopes for this game is that it will be full with content and places to explore.
When I first played Swsh, I literally stopped my self from playing too much cuz I didnt want it to end (cuz the routes were so linear and short and the progression went TOO fast). What do u guys think about SV in that regard?

Btw, 1.0.1 patch is live.
What does it include in your opinion?
i think the patch is just bug fixes and general housekeeping for the game before release

scififan21

I think it also activates online functions as well? I think I read that somewhere I could be misremembering.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The ver1.0.1 patch adjusts Pokemon movepools, some stats, enables online functionality and performance issues. There's probably more to that, but only the dataminers can tell the specifics.

treatyofversigh

Hi, a general question - is anyone going to play the games on V1 or v2 Switch and not on the OLED or the SV OLED ones?
I feel like the OLED isn't really an enhancement of the Switch like the DSi and new 3DS were to their families. So I'm playing it on the V1 Switch that I have had since launch.
I was going to play on my Lite since it's what I usually play stuff on, but I just traded in my V1 Switch for the SV OLED and man... the new screen looks frankly incredible. Strongly considering playing SV on the OLED in handheld mode now tbh.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I was going to play on my Lite since it's what I usually play stuff on, but I just traded in my V1 Switch for the SV OLED and man... the new screen looks frankly incredible. Strongly considering playing SV on the OLED in handheld mode now tbh.
How much of a difference does it feel to you? I'm playing on a Switch Lite currently and will probably pick up an OLED around Black Friday.

treatyofversigh

How much of a difference does it feel to you? I'm playing on a Switch Lite currently and will probably pick up an OLED around Black Friday.
The console itself is the same size as the V1 Switch iirc, so it still feels comfortable to hold, and it doesn't feel much heavier (if it is at all). The Lite is obv a lot better in that regard, though, and I tend to use it when I'm on the go or in bed or something.

The screen is definitely bigger than the V1, and thus a lot bigger than the Lite, and I like it. It's a little bizarre for me to go from playing Shield on my Lite to playing on the OLED because of the difference in size, but also because the games themselves just look so much... brighter? I'm not good at technical terms but the colors pop a lot more, and I think graphics-wise, the difference is definitely noticeable.

None of the games I play are particularly intensive, though, so I can't say really how performance compares, especially since I've only had it for a couple of days. Still, I really like mine, so far!

Ignition

The console itself is the same size as the V1 Switch iirc, so it still feels comfortable to hold, and it doesn't feel much heavier (if it is at all). The Lite is obv a lot better in that regard, though, and I tend to use it when I'm on the go or in bed or something.

The screen is definitely bigger than the V1, and thus a lot bigger than the Lite, and I like it. It's a little bizarre for me to go from playing Shield on my Lite to playing on the OLED because of the difference in size, but also because the games themselves just look so much... brighter? I'm not good at technical terms but the colors pop a lot more, and I think graphics-wise, the difference is definitely noticeable.

None of the games I play are particularly intensive, though, so I can't say really how performance compares, especially since I've only had it for a couple of days. Still, I really like mine, so far!
The screen looking brighter and being bigger is definitely making me want to get one now. I always feel like my Switch is a little too dim and closed in. Thanks for the feedback! Hope you continue to enjoy your Switch Lite!

Copley Hill Gym

I feel like the OLED isn't really an enhancement of the Switch like the DSi and new 3DS were to their families. So I'm playing it on the V1 Switch that I have had since launch.
Me too! Got mine on first day, UK release. It's been brilliant for everything, including Xenoblade Chronicles. I am hoping it does the job for S/V too.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
How are you going to play these games?
1. What paths are you going to take first?
2. Are you going to do all 3 alternately?
3. Are you going to explore all places and cities first and only then begin the paths? Or each city at a time?
4. Are you going to traverse using the recommended order or make ur own?
I'll more than likely do the Gym path more often than the other two, but there are a lot of other factors I'd need more information about before I can really answer any of those questions, like what the recommended order entails, how many trainer battles you can do, and how much, if any, level scaling there is in each area.

Kaddy2009

3. Are you going to explore all places and cities first and only then begin the paths? Or each city at a time?
1. Probably the gym path first since that's the one I'm most familiar with
2. Yep!
3. Each city at a time
4. Traverse the recommended path, but who knows?

Ignition

1) Probably the Gyms for the same reason as @Kaddy2009
2) Most likely
3) I'll alternate between them
4) Depends on how early the Pokémon I want are available