• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Autobot N

My opinion on SV:

Granted, the performance is pretty bad, but I still enjoyed playing it, and I think it's one of the better games since USUM. Maybe I'll do another run through in a few months if/once they fix the framerate issues.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Speaking of shinies, I'm 60+ hours in and I've only ever encountered one shiny Shinx. I don't actively hunt for them, but despite roaming around the overworld almost 90% of the time, it's interesting that my counter still stays 1.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Loved the games. Best games since B2W2 without a doubt.

Liked the open world, absolutely loved the characters bar some gym leaders, the story was good (a bit more inbetween the quests would've been nice) and the story telling for once was also good, the exploration was fun and the dynamic music on the fields was just comfy and relaxing to hear. The whole OST in generell was phenomenal.

Never was that much connected to an evil team, the teacher, Penny and especially Arven.

After Legends left me rather unimpressed and the franchise rather annoyed me in the past few years, this was a completely unexpected. My favorite region with Sinnoh now.

Technical performance though was bad and definitely needed some time. GF must patch here.

The difficulty was also easy and there is certainly a need for level scaling. Also more post-game.

All these flaws could've been handled with a third/fourth version instead so my hope is that they'll pack the DLC content directly into a new game and fix these flaws. With that we could have the ultimate Pokemon experience in our hands.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Finished the Pokédex.

Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting to actually do it, but I end up doing it anyway.

Now, time to help on more Charizard raids and do my once-every-gen hunt for a shiny female Shinx.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The Charizard raids are starting to grate me. So many times I’ve seen the health bar at 0 then all of a sudden it gets more health for no reason and we end up timing out

That annoyed me but then I figured it's most likely yet another performance issue where the game presents the HP bar being depleted but not really showing correctly the remaining health.

And it's not quite an issue specific to Charizard but all the others in general. I just had that in a Goodra raid I was doing.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The best way to see the actual health of the Tera Pokemon in the raid is during the Pokemon select screen when attacking.

I stopped relying on the health bar on top.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The best way to see the actual health of the Tera Pokemon in the raid is during the Pokemon select screen when attacking.

I stopped relying on the health bar on top.
That’s where it showed it was at 0, I thought great I’ll choose my attack and then it’ll have been defeated like what usually happens, then it suddenly jumps right back up. Doing my head in, started noticing it with other Pokémon now too

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That’s where it showed it was at 0, I thought great I’ll choose my attack and then it’ll have been defeated like what usually happens, then it suddenly jumps right back up. Doing my head in, started noticing it with other Pokémon now too

On discord, I've seen some saying it seems to be a bug with Huge Power Azumarill

If it's indeed the case, I'm surprised they haven't considered the possibility of this thing doing so much damage in one damage.

Specially when people buff it up further with Helping Hand + terrain combo.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
On discord, I've seen some saying it seems to be a bug with Huge Power Azumarill

If it's indeed the case, I'm surprised they haven't considered the possibility of this thing doing so much damage in one damage.

Specially when people buff it up further with Helping Hand + terrain combo.
Makes sense why I’m seeing it with Charizard every time and less with other pokemon

Baggie_Saiyan

Finished the main story! Yup these are 100% proper successors to SuMo especially the whole Paradox Pokemon being similar to UB too

Scovillain

Trevenant vs. Gourgeist vs. Brambleghast?

Competitive-wise, I'm going with Brambleghast, because it's main ability removes 1 of its weaknesses (Flying), which makes for a good switch-in. But from a poll I made in another forum, Trevenant won, but it wasn't as a competitive standpoint poll. If I had a house some day I would put all 3 out on Halloween night if giving out candy.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Brambleghast has a very weak movepool unfortunately

Scovillain

Brambleghast has a very weak movepool unfortunately
Yea, I was thinking Brambleghast will actually be a special attacker, as Dhelmise and Decidueye are all physical attackers (though Decidueye are almost tied). But out of the original 3 I posted, only Trevenant can learn Horn Leech, which is the physical version of Giga Drain.
Another good discussion is Garganacl vs. Gigalith. It has quite a nice ability that prevents status and cuts Ghost moves in half.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Garganacl is more useful in my opinion than Gigalith is and you don’t need to worry about finding to trade with to get it. Salt Cure is an extremely useful move against all Pokémon it hits especially the Tatsugiri Titan and Dodonzo and all of Kofu’s Pokémon. The added damage effect is also extremely helpful against Atticus’ normal Revavroom and Poppy’s Tinkaton.