• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Orphalesion

Reminder as well that it is also stated for some Scarlet Paradox Pokemon that although they appear to be from prehistoric times, there are no fossil records of said Pokemon when there should be.
In the real world it's estimated that only 1% of all extinct species left fossils behind. The conditions under which remnants can become fossils are so rare and specific that it would not be surprising at all if those paradox Pokemon left no fossils behind.
Though I agree that there is most likely more going on in area zero than just "simply" time travelling. What exactly that is will probably be revealed in the DLC.

Akashin

Though I agree that there is most likely more going on in area zero than just "simply" time travelling. What exactly that is will probably be revealed in the DLC.
That's a near certainty, given that the game goes out of its way to have Arven point out the contradiction of Paradox Pokemon being discovered before the time machine was ever built.

Obviously the third Legendary is at the center of it all, though it remains to be seen how (like you said, the DLC will surely elaborate). We can reliably assume that the knowledge of how to build the time machine came from the Violet/Scarlet Book, and the page detailing what appear to be schematics for it clearly says that they were drawn when Heath made contact with "someone"--almost definitely the third Legendary. Given all that, we can speculate that the Paradox Pokemon have ties to it as well.

ShinyNoob

I feel for gen 10 they should go big - australia, canada, brazil, india etc. 10 gens is a big deal, i think they kinda switched the formula with 5 gens with NY, so maybe trying a different area not US or Europe would be a good shout.

I do think they should take an extra year though and give us a good game. Paldea has enough in it with the and it can go a few more seasons in the anime so that GF can work longer on their games

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I feel for gen 10 they should go big - australia, canada, brazil, india etc. 10 gens is a big deal, i think they kinda switched the formula with 5 gens with NY, so maybe trying a different area not US or Europe would be a good shout.

I do think they should take an extra year though and give us a good game. Paldea has enough in it with the and it can go a few more seasons in the anime so that GF can work longer on their games
They probably are gonna take an extra year, because 2026 is the 30th anniversary and Generation 10 sounds like a more exciting 30th anniversary celebration than just DLC for it

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
They probably are gonna take an extra year, because 2026 is the 30th anniversary and Generation 10 sounds like a more exciting 30th anniversary celebration than just DLC for it
That makes sense as the 20th Anniversary year was the beginning of Gen VII and the 10th had FRLG. Every 10 anniversaries seem to have either a new Gen begin or a major release in the main series of games.

ShinyNoob

i hope they do take that extra year. SV is not terrible but could be so much better. I find myself going back to PLA just because tis aesthetically more pleasing and the game mechanics are awesome

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
i hope they do take that extra year. SV is not terrible but could be so much better. I find myself going back to PLA just because tis aesthetically more pleasing and the game mechanics are awesome
And please no lags for gen 10
Really destroys my enjoyment from this game

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Technically DP was the 10th anniversary release.
I was going with when the original games came out in Japan. The Pokémon anniversary celebrations didn’t really become a big deal until the 20th which is a major milestone for any media series.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I was going with when the original games came out in Japan. The Pokémon anniversary celebrations didn’t really become a big deal until the 20th which is a major milestone for any media series.
RBY came out in 1996. So the 10th anniversary was in 2006 which was when DP came out.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Sometimes I feel like even Sword and Shield looks better.

Copley Hill Gym

Sometimes I feel like even Sword and Shield looks better.

They are certainly more polished than SV, that is for certain. I think it’s pretty clear that SV is something of a stepping stone between SW/SH and the next gen.

When you look at the development of the bike in SW/SH you can see quite clearly the development of Koraidon/Miraidon, minus the gliding.

It is strange to look back at the crown tundra and then the snow areas in S/V and realise that there’s a significant graphical difference and the former is better.

S/V isn’t a cash grab though, there’s some truly brilliant moments in Paldea. It’s just unfortunately not as polished as it should have been.

I say that but Tera raids are awful. Farcical even. Did a 5 star raid yesterday where we all clearly knocked out the Pokémon but we’re locked out from doing anything until the timer went down to zero, this losing despite having very clearly won! Tera raids need fixing but they won’t get fixed now. A real shame.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They are certainly more polished than SV, that is for certain. I think it’s pretty clear that SV is something of a stepping stone between SW/SH and the next gen.

When you look at the development of the bike in SW/SH you can see quite clearly the development of Koraidon/Miraidon, minus the gliding.

It is strange to look back at the crown tundra and then the snow areas in S/V and realise that there’s a significant graphical difference and the former is better.

S/V isn’t a cash grab though, there’s some truly brilliant moments in Paldea. It’s just unfortunately not as polished as it should have been.

I say that but Tera raids are awful. Farcical even. Did a 5 star raid yesterday where we all clearly knocked out the Pokémon but we’re locked out from doing anything until the timer went down to zero, this losing despite having very clearly won! Tera raids need fixing but they won’t get fixed now. A real shame.
I actually think that Max Raids are better than Tera Raids.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
This is my only complaint about S/V following the previous update. Using an Active Turn-based Battle system is not ideal when 4 systems need to be in constant communication with each other. This is also hampered by the various internet speeds each system has access to as well as if it is wired in or using the Wi-Fi. There is no way to keep the battle in sync which leads to unnecessary losses. Reasons like this is why players lost out on catching their own Charizard and/or Cinderace.

Luthor

I have to be honest I agree. I'm not as much of a fan of tera raids. Being time-based and yet sometimes still showing full animations (including fainting animations) which takes time can really eat up your available time. Especially as someone who doesn't really use online battles relying on the in-game AI partners.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I haven’t done any Tera Raids online but I’ve lost a few solo Tera Raids which felt annoying as I was only one hit away from winning when time ran out. With Max Raids, it was easier to do them by yourself even at the higher star levels as you only need to Dynamax at the right time and hit the opposing Pokémon with a super effective Max Move to take out at least half of its health bar.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I haven’t done any Tera Raids online but I’ve lost a few solo Tera Raids which felt annoying as I was only one hit away from winning when time ran out. With Max Raids, it was easier to do them by yourself even at the higher star levels as you only need to Dynamax at the right time and hit the opposing Pokémon with a super effective Max Move to take out at least half of its health bar.
I have to disagree, solo Max Raids were pretty terrible in the higher star levels as the teammates were awful with generally poor movesets and often wasted time either getting themselves knocked out or flat out just not contributing at all to the fight (ex. Solrock). It says a lot that the Magikarp was considered one of the best teammates. Tera Raids solo will give you semi-competent teammates with overall better movesets, they'll cheer so you'll get buffs or healed, and unlike Max Raids their KOs will not affect your 'timer'.

I will not debate Co-op as there are a number of mechanical issues that I can understand hamper the experience, but solo-wise Max Raids were too much of a slog with how much you're hampered by your 'help'.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Besides the terrible perfomance and lack of TMs as drop rewards, Tera Raids are infinitely better. Max Raids took way too long especially when you're online and have to sit through so many animations while going through several shields. I hope that if they keep them in Gen 10 they drop the stupid "X erased all your stat buffs and Abilities" gimmick thats present in both. It comes out of nowhere and just feels like padding.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I kind of like both equally but they have their own flaws that really annoy me. Max raids because the people I joined with always had the habit of Dynamaxing as soon as it was their turn (even if they weren’t suited for the raid), & Tera Raids because of the lag/internet server issues