• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Interesting, seems to fix lag or crashes, GF is just reducing the amount of NPC or Pokemon spawns in certain areas.
Aww...I liked seeing all the cetoddles grouped together and dancing :(

ShadowDRGN

I haven't played SV pretty much since New Years. What's everyone's opinions on it now that a lot of the more heated talking points have settled?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I haven't played SV pretty much since New Years. What's everyone's opinions on it now that a lot of the more heated talking points have settled?
I still think they're pretty good, but it's really obvious GF needed at least a year of more dev time, but there is a lot of passion put into the game and the Area Zero plot is pokemon at its best honestly, anyone who calls the game lazy is wrong though, rushed and lazy are not the same thing, and SV has the best human cast in the series in my opinion, and I think tera is a better gimmick than dynamax, and I enjoyed exploring the open world

ShadowDRGN

I still think they're pretty good, but it's really obvious GF needed at least a year of more dev time, but there is a lot of passion put into the game and the Area Zero plot is pokemon at its best honestly, anyone who calls the game lazy is wrong though, rushed and lazy are not the same thing, and SV has the best human cast in the series in my opinion
Agreed on that. It's obvious they put a lot of work and care into the game but there are a lot of corners that were cut due to necessity, rather than unwillingness to put in the effort.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It was a game released too early.

Luthor

But if NPCs aren't phasing through my Pokemon mid-battle is it even the same game anymore.

Depends on the experience you had I suppose. It never really happened to me in a notable way with NPC's which may just be luck on my part.

I still think they're pretty good, but it's really obvious GF needed at least a year of more dev time, but there is a lot of passion put into the game and the Area Zero plot is pokemon at its best honestly, anyone who calls the game lazy is wrong though, rushed and lazy are not the same thing, and SV has the best human cast in the series in my opinion, and I think tera is a better gimmick than dynamax, and I enjoyed exploring the open world

A fair assessment. There's a lot about it which is good and clearly they tried hard but there are obvious issues that had an impact on a lot of players.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
"Passersby will no longer be displayed during certain battles"
NOOOOOOO
I think this specifically refers to NPCs who walk right through battles at certain locations in the story mode, such as a particular one that happens by the Academy's gates near the end of the Team Star story, right on the walkway where a lot of NPCs are walking back and forth. Or another one near the beginning of the Team Star story where Nemona demonstrates the Terastallization mechanic using the Team Star grunts as practice, as that's set on the Academy's stairs where a lot of NPCs are also walking back and forth. I can also think of the Gym Trainer battles in Levincia and battles against the other challengers in Medali as other cases, as they're set in the middle of the street rather than at the nearby Battle Courts (though in the latter case, Medali's Battle Court's location was not yet known).

The characters far away from the battles, as well as the characters yelling and cheering on the sidelines, will most likely remain.

ebevan91

Okay, I bit the bullet and bought Violet.

The graphics and lags/crashes worry me, but I've heard enough promising things about this game that I think it's worth getting.

Besides, I use my Switch for casual/light-hearted gaming, so I think this would be perfect.

Eventually you don't even think about the graphics anymore once you're deep into the game. Also the performance slightly improved with the 1.1 patch. It's still not great but it's better than v1.0.

Luthor

Okay, I bit the bullet and bought Violet.

The graphics and lags/crashes worry me, but I've heard enough promising things about this game that I think it's worth getting.

Besides, I use my Switch for casual/light-hearted gaming, so I think this would be perfect.

The good news is there's a patch (1.2) coming soon that is intended fix a few of the issues. So even if its not running that great initially it may be better when that comes through soon.

ebevan91

A Pokémon Presents has been announced. This Pokémon Presents will air on February 27th at 14:00 UTC / 09:00 EST / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CEST / 23:00 JST. It's currently unclear what it will feature but it will last 25 minutes.

25 minutes is pretty lengthy for a Pokemon Presents. Even the 25th anniversary Presents wasn't that long (at least I don't think). The longest one we've had over the past few years was the one in August 2021. It was 29 minutes and mostly covered BDSP and PLA.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
25 minutes is pretty lengthy for a Pokemon Presents. Even the 25th anniversary Presents wasn't that long (at least I don't think). The longest one we've had over the past few years was the one in August 2021. It was 29 minutes and mostly covered BDSP and PLA.
I'm thinking that there's gonna be a lot of info about the DLC.

ebevan91

I'm thinking that there's gonna be a lot of info about the DLC.

Yeah same here. I also think they're gonna walk through some of the 1.2 update as well.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
A Pokémon Presents has been announced. This Pokémon Presents will air on February 27th at 14:00 UTC / 09:00 EST / 06:00 PST / 15:00 CEST / 23:00 JST. It's currently unclear what it will feature but it will last 25 minutes.
I’m thinking that an announcement about the Pokémon GB/GBC/GBA games coming to the Switch this year will be part of the Pokémon Presents along with an announcement for SV DLC.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
If the GBA games get announced I hope they make the event exclusive islands and legends available normally like they did with Celebi

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY