• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Right, but as it stands right now, in the game's code, that literally doesn't matter. There's code that basically copies Primeape's evolution method 1-1 with Psyshield Bash/Barb Barrage just fine.
The issue is that whoever coded it didn't actually do it right. It's as simple as basically changing a FALSE to a TRUE.

The code for them to evolve is already in the game, it's just set to off, despite being in game right now.
While I'm no code junkie, the code internally is like
If used Psyshield Bash 20 times then upon level up evolve
But atm, it's set to False, instead of true. If set to True, it'd then proceed to evolvle into Wrydeer, but it doesn't.
What I mean is that it was most likely intentional. It’s not a mistake that those “codes are broken”.
Basculin’s evolution didn’t require anything special, so they had no option but to allow it to evolve here. But with the others, the absence of styles allow them to refuse those Pokémon to evolve (at least until they can reintroduce those evolutions behind a pay wall).

Luthor

What I mean is that it was most likely intentional. It’s not a mistake that those “codes are broken”.
Basculin’s evolution didn’t require anything special, so they had no option but to allow it to evolve here. But with the others, the absence of styles allow them to refuse those Pokémon to evolve (at least until they can reintroduce those evolutions behind a pay wall).

I would agree, my suspicion is that they might code it so you need something extra to complete the evolution comes in (as part of the DLC seems likely.) Like an additional item or the help of some NPC.

Game Freak, I wanted my 8-foot tall Lucario from Hisui, but you made him 4 feet instead.

Let me mess around, dammit.

Its disappointing (I would have tranferred over my Alpha H-Goodra) but I expected this given they won't let us have full size titans from this game. Its the same as the Gift Totem Pokemon sadly.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Its disappointing (I would have tranferred over my Alpha H-Goodra) but I expected this given they won't let us have full size titans from this game. Its the same as the Gift Totem Pokemon sadly.
At least we get the small consolation prize of the alpha mark… Was really hoping our 12 foot Pokémon would be that size but it seems that is a lot to ask for.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I should be excited about the new Pokemon Home update, but I'm not. It took so long to release that I really don't care now. I'll tinker with it at some point.
The timing of it really is off. When Home was updated for SwSh, BDSP and PLA I jumped right back into those games with a newfound excitement. This time, the update came out super late into the game cycle and around the same time as another huge franchise release in Tears of the Kingdom so beyond getting my living dex and shinies out of SV I have done nothing with the update.

Autobot N

I generally don't transfer a ton of Pokemon between generations these days so the Home update doesn't do much for me. Though I'm tempted to transfer over my level 15 Meloetta from Sun to use on a journey, I only have one of those so I'm hesitant to use it

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I should be excited about the new Pokemon Home update, but I'm not. It took so long to release that I really don't care now. I'll tinker with it at some point.
I’m the same way. Was excited to transfer my SwSh team since all 6 of my main party was in SV but now I’m not in a rush. Generally apathetic to the update aside from a competitive standpoint and even then I can play on Showdown. Currently replaying through PLA and will probably work with Home after that

Pokemon Power

I generally don't transfer a ton of Pokemon between generations these days so the Home update doesn't do much for me. Though I'm tempted to transfer over my level 15 Meloetta from Sun to use on a journey, I only have one of those so I'm hesitant to use it
I'm putting mine in by the generation they were discovered in. I've already moved the allowed Pokemon from the first three generations in, and I'm planning to start moving my Gen. 4 Pokemon tomorrow.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So I’m almost at 400 Pokémon in Violet. Just need to evolve Larvitar into Pupitar with a few more levels and get the Ruins of Legend. I managed to get Ting-Lu which wasn’t so bad as I only had three of its stakes to remove and I’m almost done with Chien-Pao. I need one more but I can’t figure out where it is and which one it could be by using the online guide I found to help me find the stakes. Spent two hours going in literal circles and I still can’t figure which one I missed completely. Ting-Lu I caught in an Ultra Ball and I plan on using an Ultra Ball on Wo-Chien. I’m saving the two Master Balls I’ve gotten via online trading with another player for Chien-Pao and Chi-Yu as I think they are the coolest of the four Ruins and deserve to be caught in the best Pokéball. Finding Gimmighoul Coins was a nightmare for me as it took six months for me to do it and even then it still took me two hours just to find the 150 Coins that I needed. Only had a level 10 Gimmighoul in Violet but I managed to get it to level 35 since Thursday.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The timing of it really is off. When Home was updated for SwSh, BDSP and PLA I jumped right back into those games with a newfound excitement. This time, the update came out super late into the game cycle and around the same time as another huge franchise release in Tears of the Kingdom so beyond getting my living dex and shinies out of SV I have done nothing with the update.
Right. With Tears of the Kingdom being released and Diablo 4, I have no idea when I'll jump back into Scarlet and Violet. I definitely agree. The timing is way off for the Home update. If only they had released it sooner. I would have been way more invested.

I enjoy Scarlet and Violet, but I won't lie. I beat the story and just kind of put the game down for the time being. I was hoping that the Home update wouldn't take so long to release. Usually after I beat a main line Pokemon game I shiny hunt and do extra side stuff. For some reason this Generation I just wasn't feeling it. I'm definitely not done with the games, but it will probably be a while before I play again. The first DLC comes out in the Fall, so I might just wait until then to log back in.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I jumped back into Violet to complete the Dex. I’m almost done and need to unlock and catch three of the Ruins of Legend and evolve Larvitar. This will be the third time I’ve ever fully completed a regional Dex.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

This is pretty much why I started a new game after the Home update launched. The wait was so long that my original game was kind of muddied up between losing interest in the postgame, waiting so long to kick off the gym rematches, and blindly catching pokémon based on the last few events. Plus, this way I can play SV the way I originally wanted with all of my old pokémon as reserves.

I’m not as excited as I was the first time around, but I’m still having fun with the games & taking full advantage of the update. Plus, since I’m not rushing to beat the game this time, I should still have plenty of challenges once the Teal Mask comes out

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I dreamed Paradox Entei and Raikou were released.

I don’t remember what the names were and Entei looked almost the same but with horns. I only clearly remember Raikou because I was struggling to pretend I was not disappointed that it looked like this:
Kasanagi_evolution.png

But with more arms and Beaker’s face (from Muppets) and a little hat.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
7-Star Chesnaught and the Paradox Donphan raids are back. Regarding the Paradox Pokemon, it seems like the Feather items serve as a stand-in for TM materials for "regular" 5-star raids. Though if they make more Paradox Pokemon raids not sure whether the type of Feather will be the same for both (despite Defense being its highest stat, Iron Threads also drops Muscle Feathers like Great Tusk).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Feathers are a nice drops. Currently grinding those (though I'm maxed with Health Feathers already)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Feathers are a nice drops. Currently grinding those (though I'm maxed with Health Feathers already)
I mean, feathers are nice, but vitamins are better

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I mean, feathers are nice, but vitamins are better

They are handy for specific EV spreads or at least to round up the amount necessary for a max stat. Like 25 Proteins + 2 Muscle Feathers. Or after we get 252 in two stats, you can use them to complete the EV training on a random stat