• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Autobot N

First time I wont choose fire starter. its fugly
Conversely, this might be the first time that the Water starter is my first choice (almost happened in SWSH, but I switched to Grookey after seeing the final evos). It’s between it and the fire dinosaur

Fairy King

Just some fun early theorizing but the art style is so different between the two logos as well. I could see tradition vs modernity as a potential theme. The Violet lettering seems very futuristic/technological looking to me while the Scarlet lettering looks like an older font you would see with the title of an old fantasy novel.

slowkingsley

MrJechgo

I thought it was a grass type at first (I guess they could have the starters be dual typed with the other starter type by their final form, so fire/grass type? unlikely but they should try new things... like this) cause it looks applesque. Regardless of what it is supposed to be, it's my favourite of the bunch.
The apple motif would be redundant, right after Appletun and Flapple in Gen 8 though.

Pokemon Power

Looks like you can bring Hisuian forms over, that's good to know. I planned on catching one extra of all the new species and Hisuian forms from Legends just in case that would happen.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is why I didn’t want to weight in on “LA DLC or Gen 9?” debate for the Presents since I totally saw GF doing both. Not like I wanted Gen 9 this year but it was a real possibility. Regardless I’m hyped at least about the start of a new generation. Going with the Fire starter out of loyalty but need some time to adjust to them

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I never had problems with graphics and I didnt complain about Swsh's, but the graphics in this trailer were just embaressing and blurry

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't really see how Legends will be thrown into the dumpster when we actually get no other Pokemon games to tide us over while we wait for SV.

Also, they just dropped an update to Legends. People will keep playing the game.

Sales wise, LA did get the short end of the stick. It didn't get a holiday season to sell and now a mere month after it released they announce Gen 9 which will seriously disincentivize people buying it. Sales are going to fall off a cliff for LA because SV's announcement will overshadow it.

Ashton Ketchum

Only one question - it's not too early? We've already received this year from GameFreak. Postponed to next year, polished and improved the Legends formula (and graphics).

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I don’t like how realistic the humans look in this game compared to previous titles (they look like they’re better fit for spin-offs like Unite or Pokkén), but otherwise the game looks great.

Also, based on the English names for the starters, this region is absolutely Spain or Italy

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Spain confirmed. A map of Spain can actually be seen in the trailer.

That's what I was thinking, too. There was also a painting of a dark-skinned woman dancing flamenco-style in the player's house. That's definitely Spain. lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm REALLY hoping the visuals improve before the game is released. I don't want to be disappointed. I really want to like this game.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The characters look like they're gonna go to school in this game. And it's because of that I think that these games will not include character customization.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
We now have English names for the starters

Grass - Sprigatito
Fire - Fuecoco
Water - Quaxly
Hope they won't end up too Human.

If Sprigatito will be Incineroar 2.0 I would laght heavily.

Currently mostly interested in Quaxly.

Fuecoco becoming quadrupedal would be nice.

Fairy King

Sprigatito is an adorable name. The more I look at it the more I like it. The pink eyes against the different greens is sooo cute! As always the official artwork makes them all look better.