• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Discuss gen 9 here! I wonder what country it’s based off of…

Also, I claim the cat until further notice.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the new games here while he wait for a dedicated subforum.

All forum rules apply.

Teravolt

What country is it based off of? I claim the cat until further notice. (my apologies for going ahead and making a gen 9 thread…)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Not a fan of this new starters just yet.

kinda wish we were staying in gen 8 for the time being, but here we go!
Which country is it? Italy?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What country is it based off of? I claim the cat until further notice. (my apologies for going ahead and making a gen 9 thread…)
Might be Greece or Spain.

Teravolt

Will SV be any good? Releasing only 11 months after L:A doesn’t give me much hope. Its graphics look fine, but is that just promotional material? Or is the reason L:A’s graphics aren’t that great because the game devs have been working on SV the whole time?

MrJechgo

I have no idea what the Fire Starter is ?_?

I mean, the Grass Starter looks like a kitten, which I hope it turns into a Grass/Dark panther and the Water Starter looks like a duckling, which I hope it turns into a Water/Fighting crane, but the Fire Starter?

A hippo? A lizard? A dinosaur? What is it?

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Will SV be any good? Releasing only 11 months after L:A doesn’t give me much hope. Its graphics look fine, but is that just promotional material? Or is the reason L:A’s graphics aren’t that great because the game devs have been working on SV the whole time?

The game looks EXACTLY like Legends, and Legends already has graphical issues.

My hopes aren't too high.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Trailers aren't really indicative of the final product. There will be improvements.

This game needs to step it up a bit more than Legends. This is Gen 9 after all.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Trailers aren't really indicative of the final product.

So far, the trailer showed the same faltering frame rates Legends has, and I was hoping they'd fix that in Gen 9.

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not hoping too much.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Not a big fan of the starters yet, except maybe only the cat.
And neither of the player character if that is indeed him.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
For the first time since Generation five, I'm going for the Grass starter! All in, like I did with Litten if the others don't improve upon evolving