• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The official art being cleared makes the starters better. I think it’s between duck or dinosaur for me, if dinosaur doesn’t lose limbs and become a snake, then thats what I’ll go with

Darkbirt

I'm a bit disappointed with the Arceus update, but happy with the new gen 9. When the video of gen 9 started, I thought is it a new detective Pikachu? But suddenly... I won't spoil anything, but I might break my own tradition of always using the fire starter. The grass starter looks nice.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I hope "SC/VI" doesn't throw Legends: Arceus in the dumpster.

They just released Arceus and now everyone will be focused on these games.
I don't really see how Legends will be thrown into the dumpster when we actually get no other Pokemon games to tide us over while we wait for SV.

Also, they just dropped an update to Legends. People will keep playing the game.

RetroPokeFan

The cute little kitty cat looks adorable and I think the duck is cute too. Not too sure with the fire type one for now but all could change once we see more of them.

Human character models look a bit rough but I'm sure they could change while it's still in production.

Also that trailer was very nice too, I actually thought it was Detective Pikachu 2 for a sec, lol.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Well, at the very least the official Japanese Pokémon Twitter account has confirmed Scarlet & Violet is open world.

Fairy King

So far I am also team Grass Kitty, though the other two are also cute. I'm hoping Grass Kitty ends up being dual Fairy or Dark type.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Based on Wikipedia and info about the Colors the games speak Royalty. Totally can see some Royal-based Cover Legends:
Scarlet
The color was exported from Persia to Rome. During the Roman Empire, it was second in prestige only to the purple worn by the Emperors.
During the Middle Ages and Renaissance, scarlet was the color worn by Kings, princes and the wealthy, partly because of its color and partly because of its high price.

Violet
Violet has a long history of association with royalty, originally because Tyrian purple dye was extremely expensive in antiquity.[10] The emperors of Rome wore purple togas, as did the Byzantine emperors. During the Middle Ages, violet was worn by bishops and university professors and was often used in art as the color of the robes of the Virgin Mary

Karnine

Master Zoroark
pokemon-scarlet-violet.jpg
from trailer at end they are taking legends Arceus from the looks of it lat 2022 so November again as always

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Maybe this game should get its own section.
It will in time, this can be moved there, don't worry.

I have no idea what the Fire Starter is ?_?
I thought it was a grass type at first (I guess they could have the starters be dual typed with the other starter type by their final form, so fire/grass type? unlikely but they should try new things... like this) cause it looks applesque. Regardless of what it is supposed to be, it's my favourite of the bunch.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member