• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

MartínK

We know that the battles will be in overworld just like Legends but the battle system is like Legends or the other games?

Luthor

It'd be funny if you could get Galarian forms in the geographical equivalent to the rock of Gibraltar.

Talking about forms, perhaps we'll get ORICORIO but only the red one, and maybe there'll be an Alolan shopkeeper who'lll sell you the other nectars but only the red one is available the wild.

I like that, its a good solution for Oricorio. If it is in game I would hope they buff its movepool options.

FireballDragon

Unyielding Dragon
Where did it say the games would be released in November? The trailer only said late 2022.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm so sorry. It was too good to pass up. lol

99i6ABf.png
That kinda looks like it's final form could turn out into a T-Rex like like Tyrantrum from Kalos

Wingulltrainer

Only concern is how similar it may be to both Swanna and Pelliper.

That's why I'm hoping for Water/Fighting, and even if everyone loves the duck, it could evolve into an Albatross (another marine bird), which isn't... known for its smooth flying ^^;
Lord love a duck. Intrigued by the possibility of a Spanish or Mexican themed region, like the fire and grass starters, not keen on the water starter. My big concern is the over world display aspect. I got really confused with that feature in legends; arceus, so I’m not thrilled to see that again. Then I have to wonder if we’re going to be getting a new game console to play it on.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Yeah, I know some people will like it & I’m glad people enjoy it, but this art style isn’t really my cup of tea.

I always liked the more anime inspired style with Pokémon’s games partly because that’s what they’ve always used & partly because I prefer cartoony styles in general, so seeing human characters shift to more hyper realistic designs just doesn’t feel right to me.

Hyper realistic? They still have giant anime eyes and featureless, unrealistic skin. They look slightly more like Disney Pixar characters than anime characters, but calling them hyper realistic is being hyperbolic.

MrJechgo

Pretty sure it's just spain, after all there loads of pokemon based on non-native animals and concepts. Like as a Brit we have no monkeys, but Grookey is the grass starter, and I dodn't know of any Hawaiian Koalas either...
If they do go for South America (with Spanish landmarks), they would have a good reason to bring back several Alolan Pokémon ;)
Lord love a duck. Intrigued by the possibility of a Spanish or Mexican themed region, like the fire and grass starters, not keen on the water starter. My big concern is the over world display aspect. I got really confused with that feature in legends; arceus, so I’m not thrilled to see that again. Then I have to wonder if we’re going to be getting a new game console to play it on.
A duck that looks like a sailor could represent the boating/sailing aspect of the region ;)

ValorSuga

I have a bad feeling that the fire starter is gonna get a lot of hate later on along with the grass starter since Fuecoco is giving me Greedent vibes, and we all know the reception Greedent has received!

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Hmm.

I like the region design; very nice with the bright colors and tropical feel. It feels decently distinct; it doesn’t look like Alola or Hoenn much and I very much like the Spain basis. The grass cat is cute. I like the Japanese logos. Open world means they’re hopefully expanding and improving on PLA.

Now what I don’t like….literally everything else lmao. The protagonist designs are way too similar and young-looking; which is annoying after PLA made a point of having us be 15+. And besides that, they’re just extremely boring to look at; I also don’t like the artstyle. The models look like upsized LGPE ones. The rest of the starters are ugly as sin and again, look much too similar to previous Pokémon. We just had the Applin line so this is even more baffling. The English logos look strange and not in the least bit connected. Just some truly bizarre design choices.

I’m also very annoyed they gave PLA one month of shine and don’t even give it DLC, just to rush out Gen 9. The free software updates are cute and could replace DLC if they release multiple of them and have actual new things to do and new story beats to explore but seeing how successful the game is, it’d baffle me if they don’t follow through with new content for it. Gen 9 absolutely did not have to release this year, like at all. A 2023 release would’ve been beneficial to everyone and much easier to swallow than now, when a new game released literally the previous month.

Golden_Arcanine

Yeah it could be that.

However watch the legendary be a bull.
Looking at the font, it would appear the theme might be rustic vs modern.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
These look wonderful. I totally agree that I would have preferred another year wait for Game Freak to polish and perfect them, and I’m already mourning the loss of my Johto dreams for the year, but the fact that these appear to be taking more from Legends than from Sword and Shield is enough. The region looks fun and dynamic, the vibrant colors give it some spirit and life - I think it’s going to be wonderful. It’s of course too early to tell anything about the story or anything like that, but I’m hopeful there as well, after Legends. If these are good, 2022 just might be the best year this franchise has ever had!

Xuxuba

@Graphics
Still subpar, but at least the terrain looks better than PLA. Since it was just announced, i expect for it to get a little bit better, especially when it comes to those frame drops. Also, looks like it has full camera control aswell, which i am glad, cuz i can't go back to the fixed camera anymore...

@ Gameplay / Content
All we know is that it's open world, which i like. Seems to have more trainer battles than it's predecessor aswell, so i am happy. Hopefully, it will have Legends' catching mechanic and the pokémon doing damage to you, but since the players look extremely young, even more so than usual, i am afraid this game will avoid "violence" at all costs :/
Anyway, i also hope we finally get some good battle facilities like PWT/BF, interactive features like amie/refresh, actual challenging boss/gym leader fights and a story that is not too barebones and nonsensical.

@Starters
The fire one looks ugly, the water and grass one look basic and uninspired. If i had to rank all of the starters, they would be on the very bottom, bellow even gen 5 starters (bc at least snivy was cool).
I will wait to see their evolutions tho. As long as the final stage looks good, idc how the first stages look like.

@Region
There is no way it's anything but Spain/Barcelona. As my family came from Spain and i myself have a spanish citizenship, i am really glad they chose this one. There is a lot of potential and i am sure it will be pretty.

Golden_Arcanine

Where did it say the games would be released in November? The trailer only said late 2022.
It doesn't. But based on previous games (SwSw on 11/15/19, SM on 11/18/16, ORAS on 11/21/14, etc.) you can usually assume it's going to be the Friday before Thanksgiving. I'm with Satoshi and say it's going to be released on November 18th.