• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Missingno.Fan

I got to be honest, but Legends Arceus just wasn’t for me. I get why people would like it, but the open world just wasn’t my jam. Now with a new generation being open world has me worried. I’m definitely giving it the benefit of the doubt and I’m hoping that it will still have the same structure as a traditional Pokémon. That would be a massive improvement to me. At least let’s get the button controls back to normal.

As for the starters, we get a cute cat, Barney the dinosaur, and Donald Duck. I’m going to see what they evolve into, but for now I’m undecided.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The graphics and the main girl look fugly
But the name of the games... wonderful

kamineko23

The old room/storeroom they showed on the trailer gives me Age of Discovery vibes with several globes and some antiques there.

Also, Quaxly somehow reminds me of a conquistador (Spanish/Portuguese explorer-soldiers who sailed to the rest of the world). Won't be a surprise to me if its final evolution give the same vibe, probably will become a Water/Fighting-type. :/

johno1995

Hopes:

Sprigatito = final evolution resembles a sabretooth tiger; Grass/Steel
Fuecoco = final evolution is a serpentine/crocodilian monster; Fire/Dragon
Quaxly = final evolution resembles a pirate platypus; Water/Poison

I’m just hoping the starters are not single type. That was so disappointing in Swsh. Hoping to get a Dustox regional variant and involve Klara as this could be her home region, and the Dustox of Gen9 could be what inspired her headband design! Seeing Seviper, Psyduck & Stonjourner in the trailer made me happy; some old favorites returning is always good!!

Orphalesion

I'm just gonna repost what I posted in the other thread:

1) both Scarlet and Violet are colours associated with Royalty (though not sure whether that's it, since royalty was sort of a theme in SwSh)
2) Really nice to finally have a purple Pokemon game, now I just have to hope that the exclusives I want will be in Violet I also really like they returned to colours.
3)Not convinced by any of the starters right now, the duck looks like Donald Duck with its blue hat. |
4)It's obviously Spain (in my eyes) due to the castle thing with the Pokeball looking like the Basílica de la Sagrada Família in Barcelona.
And it would work with the cold, rainy swamp area we seen, since the northern part of Spain is considerably colder and rainier than the sunny south. I would have never expected Spain, I was pretty convinced they'd make a Chinese Pokemon region next.

Yeah, a Nov 2022 release sounds a bit troubling considering what a mess SwSh turned into, but let's hope for the best, and at least it's an open world game, that's hopeful.

ShadowForce720

Hopes:

Sprigatito = final evolution resembles a sabretooth tiger; Grass/Steel
Fuecoco = final evolution is a serpentine/crocodilian monster; Fire/Dragon
Quaxly = final evolution resembles a pirate platypus; Water/Poison

I’m just hoping the starters are not single type. That was so disappointing in Swsh. Hoping to get a Dustox regional variant and involve Klara as this could be her home region, and the Dustox of Gen9 could be what inspired her headband design! Seeing Seviper, Psyduck & Stonjourner in the trailer made me happy; some old favorites returning is always good!!
While not impossible I don’t think they would have all 3 starters be pure type again when they just had that happen in Sword/Shield.

Now it is possible that one or two of the starters stay pure type but honestly I prefer and hope that they do wind up dual type.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Fuecoco is absolutely adorable. So far it is my pick, but I am really hoping Quaxly evolution will do the trick since it's been 23 years since I picked a water starter.

The region looks interesting, the Iberian Peninsula can offer a lot of good stuff, but still can't say I am hyped. SwSh really burned me out, since then I can't really feel excited about any pokémon news.

Golden_Arcanine

Yeah, a Nov 2022 release sounds a bit troubling considering what a mess SwSh turned into, but let's hope for the best, and at least it's an open world game, that's hopeful.
How was SwSh a mess?

Orphalesion

How was SwSh a mess?

It just looked like they had to trim out a lot of content (the coastal area for the Wild Area that disappeared from the map during development, the Factory Sonia points out to us that we never visit (with the path just blocked by felt rope), Caralis (or whatever she's called) not having a proper laboratory.
Plus the plot pretty much dies just after Ballonlea and is generally not that well realized)
It just looked like the game was rushed, and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Hopefully this will be different.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Too many secondary/minor characters, uninspiring pokemon designs that only appealed to furries, and the graphics & cookie cutter story was lackluster!

How are there too many secondary/minor characters? YOU are literally the only primary character. lol

Baggie_Saiyan

I don't understand the whole too soon for Gen 9 comments and people wanting it to be delayed. DP got delayed and the games still looked rough and outdated when they came out. Not to mention how incredibly slow the Gen 4 engine was too.

Just seems the Pokemon fandom can't seem to themselves enjoy things anymore. Be happy we're getting Gen 9 this year!

This obsession with graphics for a franchise that has never ever been renowned for graphics I just don't understand it.

Autobot N

I'm convinced that Pokemon fans will never be happy.
They won't, but at the same time it's fair for people to criticize the things they don't like.

Anyway, super premature but what versions are you guys initially planning to get? I'm currently thinking Violet since I prefer purple over red, but that's subject to change based on box legendaries and version exclusives

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
They won't, but at the same time it's fair for people to criticize the things they don't like.

Anyway, super premature but what versions are you guys initially planning to get? I'm currently thinking Violet since I prefer purple over red, but that's subject to change based on box legendaries and version exclusives
It’s 100 percent gonna be Violet and grass kitty for me, assuming I get the game of course. Right now I’m reasonably satisfied with what’s been shown, but after being burned in the last days by SwSh, I’m gonna wait it out first.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's really interesting that since Gen 6 they have done a lot of European countries.

Since gen 5 it went like: USA (New York) -> Europe (France) ->USA (Hawaii) -> Europe (UK) -> Europe (Spain)
Yeah it’s interesting that they’re doing the largest colonial powers as well. I really hope the next region is another North American based one that has larger connections to Kalos, galar, and this new Spanish one. Even a South American country based one would be awesome next.
As purple is my second fav colour after green, I’ll probably go with violet but somehow scarlet is just calling my name. I am excited to see how they differ upcoming, and I hope they have a lot of differences tbh.