• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Joanie

I both love and hate this point in the trailer release schedule. We know the absolute basics, but absolutely nothing else, so it's theory and hope o'clock.
I am, however, really hoping for that Tauros evolution/other thing to update that people have mentioned, though.

And they'd best bring back Return.

Golden_Arcanine

We just finished two Sinnoh-related games, and not for nothing, but it was 2014 to 2021 between remakes of Ruby/Sapphire and remakes of Diamond/Pearl. I don’t know that we’re especially “due” for anything Unova-related.
I'm not saying I expect it any time soon, but they're the "next" game to get a remake.

Gen 1 - RBY, FRLG
Gen 2 - GSC, HGSS
Gen 3 - RSE, ORAS
Gen 4 - DP, BDSP

Cibryll

Aeonian Twilight
I'm not exactly sure but I think I can see triangles in Scarlet's logo and vertical lines (and some dots) in Violet's logo. Either it's nothing or it's something. (It's probably nothing, though almost anything's possible at this point.)

I both love and hate this point in the trailer release schedule. We know the absolute basics, but absolutely nothing else, so it's theory and hope o'clock.
I am, however, really hoping for that Tauros evolution/other thing to update that people have mentioned, though.

And they'd best bring back Return.
Yeah, it's the waiting that's the worst part, haha.

And yes! I mean. Return gets stronger depending on the Pokémon's happiness, right? So why would they remove something that would encourage players to make their Pokémon happy?

I'm not saying I expect it any time soon, but they're the "next" game to get a remake.

Gen 1 - RBY, FRLG
Gen 2 - GSC, HGSS
Gen 3 - RSE, ORAS
Gen 4 - DP, BDSP
Generation 7 had remakes of Yellow, though, so it's also possible that we may end up with a remake of Crystal instead of Unova remakes. Or we may even end up with both.

Orphalesion

Generation 7 had remakes of Yellow, though, so it's also possible that we may end up with a remake of Crystal instead of Unova remakes. Or we may even end up with both.
It's also possible that LGPE was a one-off thing to get PoGo players into the main series games, and was set in Kanto because it's the most well known and nostalgic Pokemon region.
It's also possible that Legends: Arceus was a one-off thing to test open world mechanics.

Golden_Arcanine

It's also possible that LGPE was a one-off thing to get PoGo players into the main series games, and was set in Kanto because it's the most well known and nostalgic Pokemon region.
It's also possible that Legends: Arceus was a one-off thing to test open world mechanics.
That's kinda my train of thought. SwSh (and by extension the DLCs) were the tip of the iceberg in terms of open world content. PLA took it to the next level with that even if it was segmented. I think there's a better chance of something like PLA then another Let's Go game coming out.

ShadowForce720

That's kinda my train of thought. SwSh (and by extension the DLCs) were the tip of the iceberg in terms of open world content. PLA took it to the next level with that even if it was segmented. I think there's a better chance of something like PLA then another Let's Go game coming out.
While I do think Legends will continue, I wouldn’t underestimate the popularity of a Johto game. Since all the Johto based games have been extremely popular, so Let’s Go games set in Johto would also do really well.

Last edited:

Golden_Arcanine

While I do think Legends will continue, I wouldn’t underestimate the popularity of a Johto game. Since all the Johto based games have been extremely popular, so Let’s Go games set in Johto would also do really well.
You might be overstating the popularity of Johto games. HGSS sold less copies then ORAS and BDSP despite being available longer. That gap probably only widens as we move forward. And we've talked about Let's Go Johto's games pretty much since LGPE were released over 3 yeasr ago, and we've got nothing that suggests they're in the works. I'm not saying they're off the table, but I'd put it in the unlikely territory since I think the intention of LGPE was to bring in the Pokemon GO players who play for nostalgic reasons.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder how the Hisuian Forms are here. I suppose the ones that don't require an evolutionary item could have these forms revived via selective breeding, maybe the ones that once required an item could have a new method that was recently discovered I mean we already know that some Pokemon can evolve via more than one method.

Luthor

I wonder how the Hisuian Forms are here. I suppose the ones that don't require an evolutionary item could have these forms revived via selective breeding, maybe the ones that once required an item could have a new method that was recently discovered I mean we already know that some Pokemon can evolve via more than one method.

Haven't a clue. For now without any evidence I guess space-time rift or Pokemon gene manipulation (they managed to bring back Pokemon like Aerodactyl and even create genetic fossils fusions like the Galar fossils Pokemon so if it could be possible if they recovered frozen genetic samples they could re-create). I suppose its possible though that there is just Hisuian Zoroark and that's just a special event Pokemon you're given if you have a Legends Arceus Save file or a mystery gift pokemon but I hope not as I like the Husuian forms and I'd like to see them all.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I bet it'll be something like: "Oh hey! Look at this amazing machine! Utilizing the power of the space-time rifts/ultra wormholes, now you can obtain Pokemon from other time periods/dimensions! Cool, isn't it?"

Autobot N

I thought that it was confirmed that the Hisuian Zoroark was part of a section talking about Home compatibility

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I thought that it was confirmed that the Hisuian Zoroark was part of a section talking about Home compatibility
Yes. It is posted on the Japanese official site:

Sponge

I bet it'll be something like: "Oh hey! Look at this amazing machine! Utilizing the power of the space-time rifts/ultra wormholes, now you can obtain Pokemon from other time periods/dimensions! Cool, isn't it?"

I doubt they'll even try to justify it, you'll just be able to transfer Hisuian Pokemon to these games and there won't be any time spent trying to explain it.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I doubt they'll even try to justify it, you'll just be able to transfer Hisuian Pokemon to these games and there won't be any time spent trying to explain it.
I’m thinking that the Hisuian Pokémon aren’t necessarily extinct other than maybe the Zorua line and Growlithe and they are still around but no one notices them and their numbers in the Wild is extremely small. Hisuian Growlithe and Arcanine I think are an extinct breed with the regular form of Growlithe and Arcanine being bred with them for so many years that the purebred Hisuian Growlithe line died out naturally and only lives on genetically. Several dog breeds have had this happen to them. The Zorua line I think is extinct due to climate change and destruction of their natural habitat. Hisuian Voltorb and Electrode I think still exist but no one ever pays much attention to them due to them becoming better at blending in with Apricorns and being able to release any excess electricity in the wild freely. The Hisuian Sneasel line I imagine are just ignored for the most part because they developed more white skin/fur to blend in with the snow much more easily and they have less prey and don’t attack unprovoked very often.

DSDark

Breeder
We just finished two Sinnoh-related games, and not for nothing, but it was 2014 to 2021 between remakes of Ruby/Sapphire and remakes of Diamond/Pearl. I don’t know that we’re especially “due” for anything Unova-related.
We won't see gen 5 remakes until gen 10. With gen 10 games coming out in either '25 or '26 don't expect gen 5 remakes until '26-'28
I'm not exactly sure but I think I can see triangles in Scarlet's logo and vertical lines (and some dots) in Violet's logo. Either it's nothing or it's something. (It's probably nothing, though almost anything's possible at this point.)

Yeah, it's the waiting that's the worst part, haha.

And yes! I mean. Return gets stronger depending on the Pokémon's happiness, right? So why would they remove something that would encourage players to make their Pokémon happy?

We will definitely get gen 5 remakes, however we won't get those until gen 10. A let's go johto is definitely a possibility during the gen 9 release cycle. Whether it's on the switch or switch 2 is a different question.
i hope the gen 6 starters are obtainable in this game. they were the only ones to get no representation at all in gen 8
They should be, makes sense with spain being next france. Also tPC said that with the dex cut every pokemon will be playable at some point within that system.
I hope there's a quest that has you uncover this ancient items that allow for them to evolve. The move specific ones complicate things a bit but again quest to find an ancient scroll and then that person can reteach those moves to the specific pokemon

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Do they ever bother explaining where any pokemon comes from?

Like seriously, how the hell is Cofagrigus native to a region based on New York?
New York has museums that display historical things. I remember going to a museum in Pittsburgh during a field trip as a kid and they had some Egyptian artifacts and a mummy on display.

Luthor

Do they ever bother explaining where any pokemon comes from?

Like seriously, how the hell is Cofagrigus native to a region based on New York?

They sometimes do but it is fairly rare. They indicated Galarian Zigzagoon the oldest form despite Zigzagoon being first found in games based in Hoenn. With a lot of the Pokemon potentially from other regions they either don't mention it or they just imply they are from somewhere else but don't until they have a specific region that makes sense. Exeggutor despite being a Kanto Pokemon was originally from the Tropics but Alolan Exeggutor is now the "true form" so I've always taken that to imply its from Alola. For Cofagrigus I doubt it will be mentioned (or even implied) unless later games go to an Egypt inspired region.
I hope there's a quest that has you uncover this ancient items that allow for them to evolve. The move specific ones complicate things a bit but again quest to find an ancient scroll and then that person can reteach those moves to the specific pokemon

Personally I'd use the Sinnoh Stone from Pokemon Go and just re-purpose it to have the effect that you just need to know the move and use a Sinnoh stone to evolve pokemon like Stantler. This would be an easy way to evolve them in-games where strong style and agile style aren't possible while still tying it back to the region but making it possible to evolve in violet and scarlet