• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It's becoming both sad and annoying.

I wish they'd just drop a silhouette instead. It was enjoyable to see people try so hard to guess what it actually looks like.

Noy

It's becoming both sad and annoying.

I wish they'd just drop a silhouette instead. It was enjoyable to see people try so hard to guess what it actually looks like.
What they need to do is drop a silhouette for a "Pokémon", and have it turn out to be a human character in an outfit; just to troll the entire community.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What they need to do is drop a silhouette for a "Pokémon", and have it turn out to be a human character in an outfit; just to troll the entire community.
Haha yeah. Reminds me of the time when Sirfetch'd's silhouette was actually turned on its side when it was first revealed.

Noy

I just realized that Legends was the first time (I think) they implemented regional forms for a starter mon. Before that is was mainly Kanto starters getting mega and dyna forms. With that said, will we see more starters from other regions showing up with regional forms?

ShadowForce720

I just realized that Legends was the first time (I think) they implemented regional forms for a starter mon. Before that is was mainly Kanto starters getting mega and dyna forms. With that said, will we see more starters from other regions showing up with regional forms?
Not sure, because in LA the starters that got regional forms where literally the starters that you chose among to be your first Pokémon.

So since Scarlet and Violet where choosing between the new gen 9 starters I’m not sure if they would give past gen starters regional variants in those same games, and I’m not sure them getting regional variants is enough to just picking from a 2nd set of starters in a similar situation to what we got in X&Y.

In all honesty past gen starters get regional variants and/or alternative evolutions might be something that sticks to the Legends Series outside of existing ones being transferable.

Golden_Arcanine

Pretty funny to watch all the fake leakers crawl out of the woodwork now that we have a new Gen revealed. r/Pokeleaks has been in a frenzy with 4chan posts and brand new Twitter accounts, and since the only "reliable" leaker Khu won't have any info until June people are desperate to believe anything they see.
Fake leaks are too easy since we're all starved of legitimate news.

I'd say probably no.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
What if the next gimmick are Chibi forms so even biggest Pokemon can Battle within buildings?
1. It will bring a lot of marchendise
2. Can bring more kids and young women into Pokemon
3. Can work nice with VR etc
4. Imagine a Wailord vs Eternatus Battle inside a School.
They can use the dynamax stadium barriers etc within smaller buildings.

If someone wants those forms can have half HP but double or triple speed and some special moves or abilities

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Between the giant type "wheel" in the trailer and how much other options have been bled dry, I'm putting my support behind the idea that if there is a new gimmick it will have something to do with pokemon type changing.

Sixth gen dealt with "super modes" and enhanced stats.

Seventh gen was ultimate/enhanced moves.

Eighth gen was a merging of the previous two concepts and location dependent.

For now at least, I can see them not wanting to introduce yet another form or attack changing gimmick, but focusing on just the pokemon's typing changing could be different enough to be refreshing. Still hoping mega evolution will come back too of course.

Ultra Beast Lover

Thinking on it, a look at Pokemon Schools could be interesting from a world building standpoint. They're one of the things that we see almost every generation but not a lot happens with them. You get items, a couple tutorials, maybe a quest, then that's it. We've seen how Pokemon Rangers, Pokemon Researchers, detectives, movie stars, and pagents work, heck we've even seen how Pokemon themselves live, but we've barely seen how Pokemon Schools work.

Rune Knight

While I'm happy for the games and think the naming conventions are okay, I was kind of hoping that they would differ from the traditional Red & Blue colors as version counterparts.

I know the Violet isn't necessarily blue but in my opinion it's close enough to ponder the same vibe. Same goes for Sun and Moon's orange and purple and Sword and Shield's Cyan and Magenta schemes.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
While I'm happy for the games and think the naming conventions are okay, I was kind of hoping that they would differ from the traditional Red & Blue colors as version counterparts.

I know the Violet isn't necessarily blue but in my opinion it's close enough to ponder the same vibe. Same goes for Sun and Moon's orange and purple and Sword and Shield's Cyan and Magenta schemes.
I assume they went with Scarlet and Violet because they’ve owned the trademarks for over 15 years and didn’t want anything leaking that they could potentially release a new generation this year.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I noticed that one of the silhouettes of the games’ artwork seems to have some sort of Pokémon with a fancy looking tail. I can’t locate it but I saw it a week or two online. I’m pretty sure it’s legit because it had the logo for the game and there were no signs of it being fan made and edited together. I’m thinking it’s a peacock because the tail was rounded at the top and looked like it seemed smaller when seen from a side angle but much bigger from the front and back. It would make sense as peacocks are a big part of Spanish history and culture and are seen as being very regal much like Spanish royalty.

Joanie

And, let's be honest, a proper peafowl pokemon is really rather overdue. They got kinda close to the concept with Unfezant, but something like that but prettier and maybe, idk, fairy type seems like a decent regional birb.

Rain-and-Thunder

What if the next gimmick are Chibi forms so even biggest Pokemon can Battle within buildings?
1. It will bring a lot of marchendise
2. Can bring more kids and young women into Pokemon
3. Can work nice with VR etc
4. Imagine a Wailord vs Eternatus Battle inside a School.
They can use the dynamax stadium barriers etc within smaller buildings.

If someone wants those forms can have half HP but double or triple speed and some special moves or abilities
I am a woman and play pokemon, have since Red and Blue, so what's with that comment?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I am a woman and play pokemon, have since Red and Blue, so what's with that comment?\
No offence, I'm not saying woman are not playing Pokemon. But young women, especially in Japan like Kawaii stuff in general. And GF had some problems with less Female Pokemon fans than male. Hence Pokemon Pink was not released.

I know things are changing. Heck, this year we are having the first Male Pink Sentai as part of main cast.

Orphalesion

I am a woman and play pokemon, have since Red and Blue, so what's with that comment?

And I am a man and like cute chibi characters.
No offence, I'm not saying woman are not playing Pokemon. But young women, especially in Japan like Kawaii stuff in general. And GF had some problems with less Female Pokemon fans than male. Hence Pokemon Pink was not released.
I'd really like a set of games named something like Leaf and Blossom, themed around the leaves and blossoms of a Japanese Cherry Tree. Plus green and pink are good contrast colours.

Nave

I discovered I really like using Cresselia in Legends of Arceus, she's so pretty! I don't understand why she didn't get the fairy type, considering she's a crescent moon-themed Pokemon who attacks with Moonblast.
I agree. It's weird. I guess they wanted to stick to Psychic being related to the cosmos. But still...
It gets Moonlight too. I always run it with Moonlight on a Sun team.