• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Diglett line doesn’t need a new regional form anyways. The original Kanto form was fine as is and functioned well in battles where it’s Alola form sacrificed its usefulness in battles for some wavy locks. Bad trade off.

Autobot N

I even think that Fuecoco leak itself is fake.
Probably, yes, but my point is that we didn't have any concept art style "leaks" until that one, and now they're everywhere because the one was convincing to a lot of people and fake leakers are trying to cash in on the attention

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I understand that SV makes sense as the shortening for theses games, it's the obvious logical choice and I won't argue against its usage but I'll be damned if I didn't read it as Stardew Valley every time.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I understand that SV makes sense as the shortening for theses games, it's the obvious logical choice and I won't argue against its usage but I'll be damned if I didn't read it as Stardew Valley every time.
I have to prevent myself from making Scarlet Johansson jokes from the titles myself.

Also bothers me when it's abbreviated as SCVI when it's the IX iteration (as in 9th gen, not 6th gen).

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I have to prevent myself from making Scarlet Johansson jokes from the titles myself.

Also bothers me when it's abbreviated as SCVI when it's the IX iteration (as in 9th gen, not 6th gen).
Well (S)CVI could be 106th gen ....

Cibryll

Aeonian Twilight
Honestly, I’d like to see Diglett and Dugtrio out of the ground for once. I mean it’s so strange that they can learn all these moves that involve limbs and claws yet are completely limbless unless it’s all underneath inside the hole.
Yeah. Especially given how it's possible for them to use the Flying-type Z-Move… and they're still (sorta) in the ground.

I wish I had a Gardevoir (or other Psychic-type) with Future Sight… ;-;

Some of these "leaks" (which are likely to be fake) are absurdly ridiculous, and ridiculously absurd (like, no starter evolutions?).

The Head Honchkrow

One of my hopes for these games (although I have my doubts about it's likelihood) is the return of Bug Catching Contests.
Now that weight/height variance is a thing, I think Bug Catching Contests would feel all that more immersive. They could even make them multiplayer, as an alternative to battling (like Max Raid Battles).

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Yeah. Especially given how it's possible for them to use the Flying-type Z-Move… and they're still (sorta) in the ground.

I wish I had a Gardevoir (or other Psychic-type) with Future Sight… ;-;

Some of these "leaks" (which are likely to be fake) are absurdly ridiculous, and ridiculously absurd (like, no starter evolutions?).
What leaks are you reading? 4Chan stuff?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!

What are the first two letters in Scarlet and Violet respectively? SC and VI so them being abbreviated as SCVI makes sense.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Unless you guys are talking about a different “leak”, the one that said “no starter evolutions” was saying not to expect starter evolutions in the next trailer as it was a checklist of what would be in it.

ShadowForce720

Unless you guys are talking about a different “leak”, the one that said “no starter evolutions” was saying not to expect starter evolutions in the next trailer as it was a checklist of what would be in it.
I’m confused as to why anyone would expect the evolutions of the starters to be revealed by in the second trailer. In all honesty it seems kind of pointless to say “no starter evolutions” in the upcoming trailer when it’s not something people were really expecting to be in the upcoming trailer anyway.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Maybe they won’t reveal any news till September
It could be a different tactic from past gens..

I wonder if we will have gyms in this game

Cibryll

Aeonian Twilight

Autobot N

I still don't expect anything until June, but I guess now we're in the part of the hype season where news soon wouldn't be out of the question

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I still don't expect anything until June, but I guess now we're in the part of the hype season where news soon wouldn't be out of the question
Hype season? More like sadness season:( no news:(((

Anyway, I wonder if the leaker will talk about new towns? Did he ever reveal music?

Ultra Beast Lover

It'll be nice not worrying about Pokemon attacking us when we're out exploring. Sure it's fun in Legends Arceus to sneak past the aggressive Pokemon and it's really not hard to get out of harm's way, especially once you get Braviary, the exception being the Mirelands since most of the Pokemon there want your head. But it'll be nice to just walk around and have Pokemon either ignore you or simply try to initiate a battle.