• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

treatyofversigh

I always like to know the starter final evos before the game comes out. Usually I end up sticking with my 1st choice but for SWSH I moved to Grookey after seeing what Inteleon looked like
I moved to Grookey after seeing Cinderace, so I feel you.

I’m hoping Fuecoco gets something cool because it’s my first choice this time around- I’m the same in that I almost always go with my first choice, even after seeing final evos. Really looking forward to all of their evolutions and praying for news soon!!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Everytime I pick a Starter on the first try I usually get exactly what I want out of their evolutions lol

But this is the first time where I have ever been stuck between who I've wanted

I literally don't know what I'm picking between Sprigatito and Quaxly so I have no choice but to see their evolutions first.

I lean moreso towards Sprigatito tho as I have a good feeling that I'll end up liking it's Evolutions regardless of whatever it looks like since it would take a MAJOR screw up to ruin a Cat Pokemon for me

The worst I've ever felt towards a Cat Pokemon was indifference

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Everytime I pick a Starter on the first try I usually get exactly what I want out of their evolutions lol

But this is the first time where I have ever been stuck between who I've wanted

I literally don't know what I'm picking between Sprigatito and Quaxly so I have no choice but to see their evolutions first.

I lean moreso towards Sprigatito tho as I have a good feeling that I'll end up liking it's Evolutions regardless of whatever it looks like since it would take a MAJOR screw up to ruin a Cat Pokemon for me

The worst I've ever felt towards a Cat Pokemon was indifference
Just out of curiosity which of the Pokémon based on cats did you feel indifferent about?

Mythical-Moonlight

Just out of curiosity which of the Pokémon based on cats did you feel indifferent about?
First ones that come to mind is the Glameow line.
I feel nothing towards it or Purugly. Not necessarily dislike but I wouldn't call myself a fan

I also feel this way about Galarian Meowth (Purrserker is cool tho) and Alolan Persian

I really like the other Cats tho

If Sprigatito Evolution does end up a Quadruped then I hope the Evolution's design is somewhere in the same vein as Delcatty

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
hmm, now that we have alternate starter final evo's (hisuian form,) people might be able to get new forms for the final evos they hated (if they're lucky.)

The Hisuian forms of Samurott and Typhlosion didn't make me hate them any less. And Typhlosion was a Ghost type. lol

For me, the forms just doubled down on how terrible they look.

Mythical-Moonlight

Imo Hisuian Decidueye's design is a downgrade compared to the OG
While it's not necessarily a bad design in itself, it loses the mysterious ghostly aspects that a lot of people really liked about it

But then again I might be a bit bias since I wasn't too fond of the idea of Decidueye getting an alt form to begin with

(The Owl already looks fine. Just my personal opinion but I think Regional Variants should be used as an opportunity to give lesser popular/more hated Pokemon redesigns instead of giving them to an already popular Pokemon that nearly everyone loves and potentially risk ruining what people liked about them to begin with

The term "If it ain't broke don't fix it" exists for a reason)

Last edited:

Kangaflora

I wonder what the name of the Region will be...

Will it contain five letters, or will it break the mould like Sinnoh did five generations ago.

Think about it:
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Alola
Galar
Hisui (the past form of Sinnoh)

Sinnoh is the only region so far to use six characters in its name, the rest of the regions only have five characters in its name.

Noy

I wonder what the name of the Region will be...

Will it contain five letters, or will it break the mould like Sinnoh did five generations ago.

Think about it:
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Unova
Kalos
Alola
Galar
Hisui (the past form of Sinnoh)

Sinnoh is the only region so far to use six characters in its name, the rest of the regions only have five characters in its name.
Considering the native language, it might be better to count by phonics. As I think they all have 2-3 each.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Considering the native language, it might be better to count by phonics. As I think they all have 2-3 each.

A lot of words seem to have less than 4 syllables in almost every language, so that makes sense.

EDIT: I think Hoenn actually has 4 in Japanese (the n sound is a separate syllable and I think the o sound is elongated into a second syllable) but in general yes.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The regions names are spelled using characters in the Japanese language, so their names in English are merely an invention of our language.

Interesting to note is that Unova is the one region with different names is different languages.
In Japan, it's the Isshu region, and in German, it's the Einall region.

Ultra Beast Lover

I suppose the name will depend on the theme of the games or at least an element of the game. I'm hoping that whatever the challenge is, be it gyms, trials, whatever, that the puzzles are fun and that one of them is a dark type.

ShadowForce720

I suppose the name will depend on the theme of the games or at least an element of the game. I'm hoping that whatever the challenge is, be it gyms, trials, whatever, that the puzzles are fun and that one of them is a dark type.
If the theme of the games happen to be in regards to invisible spectrums of light like Inferred and Ultra Violet then what would you think of the name Helios for the name of the new region?

So basically it could be called the Helios region.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
One Gym Leader I’ve always wanted to see is a Nurse Joy who doubles as a Gym Leader to give more personality to the Nurse and it has been established in the anime that a couple of Nurse Joys are trainers themselves. The puzzle I’ve always imagined is that you go to the Gym and are told that the Gym Leader currently isn’t there and could be found at the Pokémon Center. Sounds simple enough but once inside the Center, there are several NPCs and if you immediately talk to Nurse Joy first or before talking to everyone else, you just get the usual conversation to heal your Pokémon. Once you talk to everyone to see if they are the town’s Gym Leader, you can talk to Joy who then says something very different and admits to be the one you are looking for. She then has another Nurse Joy watch over the Center while she goes to the Gym to prepare for your battle. She has no actual type specialty similar to Blue but she does have Pokémon that have healing moves and one of her Pokémon is a Chansey and Blissey. Nurse Joy is one of the later Gym Leaders and this is why she has two bulky Pokémon that can heal themselves and no type specialty.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the theme of the games happen to be in regards to invisible spectrums of light like Inferred and Ultra Violet then what would you think of the name Helios for the name of the new region?

So basically it could be called the Helios region.
Based on what we've seen of the region map it appears that the first letter of the new region's name is "V".

scififan21

I suspect we will get something this week or next. I think June 5th was the lastest we have gotten more news in regards to new generations after teaser trailers.

Ultra Beast Lover

We're finally getting new information tomorrow. I think we'll get the box cover legendaries, maybe a few new Pokemon, the region's name, hopefully one of the mechanics, and I'm hoping to find out what the new challenge will be. Do you think we'll get a song like from the SWSH trailer? I hope we do because despite SWSH's problems that song sequence was awesome.

Orphalesion

So I think it's pretty save to say that they'll show the box legends, and hopefully they'll reveal the name of the region.