• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
A regional evolution is an evolution exclusive to a specific region, regardless of the Pokemon's form. They count.
They don't, because if they were they would have created a Hisuian Scyther, Hisuian Ursaring, and a Hisuian Stantler, which they did not.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
*oh sorry I'm dumb @-@*

While I apologize for being wrong, I'd like to point out Dragon was physical in Gens 1-3, there was going to be a Poison Eeveelution in the beta version of Pokemon GSC and Flareon, Umbreon (by 5 points I guess) and Leafeon are physical attackers.

You're wrong about Dragon being physical, it was special in Gens 1-3. These were the categories:

Physical:
Normal
Rock
Ground
Flying
Bug
Poison
Fighting
Ghost
Steel

Special:
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

All of the special types except Dragon have Eeveelutions (and Fairy has one, which probably would've been special if it existed at the time) and none of the physical types have had one, so that is pretty telling.

A regional evolution is an evolution exclusive to a specific region, regardless of the Pokemon's form. They count.

Wouldn't that just be every cross gen evolution until they reappear? Weren't all of the 4th gen evolutions specific to Sinnoh until the next game they appeared in? This definition would be largely pointless. Usually when people talk about "regional evolutions" specifically they're referring to Pokemon that evolve from a regional variant, so I don't see the point in counting Pokemon such as Wyrdeer, Kleavor, and Ursaluna. They evolve from the original forms, so they're not regional.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You're wrong about Dragon being physical, it was special in Gens 1-3. These were the categories:

Physical:
Normal
Rock
Ground
Flying
Bug
Poison
Fighting
Ghost
Steel

Special:
Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

All of the special types except Dragon have Eeveelutions (and Fairy has one, which probably would've been special if it existed at the time) and none of the physical types have had one, so that is pretty telling.
Although I think that this pattern is just as viable as the Zodiac theory which had two holes in it and is about to get a third.

Luthor

Wouldn't Wyrdeer, Kleavor, and Ursaluna technically be regional evolutions? Similar to Obstagoon and Runerigus just without the regional forme?

All we currently know is that they were discovered in Hisui. We've yet to test in another region as unlike Runerigus its not tied to a regional form its much less easy to say its purely regional (especially as we have confirmation that the Scyther that can become Kleavor can still become Scizor instead in the same region). If in the new scarlet/violet region ( assuming that they make the dex) we can still evolve Scyther to Kleavor then its basically just a regular evolution with a rare item. If we go there and its not possible to evolve it but Kleavor can still transferred into game then we'll have a clearer idea. Until we go to another region to test it its only speculation for now that it'll be limited to Hisui.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if either of those pokemon showed up in a future region.

The pokemon they evolve from still exist, so there really isn't anything preventing them from coming back. Just imagine someone in Scarlet & Violet's region having a piece of Black Augurite and giving it to the player. Boom, you have a Kleavor in the present time.

Last edited:

TRNRLogan

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either of those pokemon showed up in a future region.

The pokemon they evolve from still exist, so there really isn't anything preventing them from coming back. Just imagine someone in Scarlet & Violet's region having a piece of Black Augurite and giving it to the player. Boom, you have a Kleavor in the present time.
Or even just catching Stantler and it learning the move necessary to evolve.

disobedient

The thing is, I don't suppose Agile/Strong style is in SV, so these evolutions could still be restricted to legends, even if Stantler and the others have their moves.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The thing is, I don't suppose Agile/Strong style is in SV, so these evolutions could still be restricted to legends, even if Stantler and the others have their moves.
The going theory right now is that those Pokémon, if I’m game, would evolve by level up if knowing their specific move.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The going theory right now is that those Pokémon, if I’m game, would evolve by level up if knowing their specific move.
Considering they gave Feebas a new evolution method in Gen 5 so that they wouldn't have to force Contests into every game from RSE-onwards (aside from remakes), they could do that.

disobedient

Or they could just use Legends space time distortions and let us evolve the ancient evolutions there. The SV map has plenty of space for this concept.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Considering they gave Feebas a new evolution method in Gen 5 so that they wouldn't have to force Contests into every game from RSE-onwards (aside from remakes), they could do that.
They also did a similar thing with the "Evolve in a specific location" mechanic, it was scrapped in Sword and Shield, and any Pokemon that evolved that way was changed to evolve with a stone instead. Personally, I'll be amazed if anything from Legends: Arceus makes it into Scarlet and Violet, but it would be nice if the Hisui Regional evolutions at least make it in.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They also did a similar thing with the "Evolve in a specific location" mechanic, it was scrapped in Sword and Shield, and any Pokemon that evolved that way was changed to evolve with a stone instead. Personally, I'll be amazed if anything from Legends: Arceus makes it into Scarlet and Violet, but it would be nice if the Hisui Regional evolutions at least make it in.
Considering that they didn't give Scyther, Ursaring, and Stantler Hisuian Forms I expect them to at least keep Kleavor, Ursaluna, and Wyrdeer around.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Idk why but I felt that the recent news were very exciting to me hehe
I wonder if the next news (whenver it will be......) will reveal more existing things....