• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
OMGGGGGGGG <3333333333333333
Do u think it will be a recap of that we saw ? :((((
These directs present new stuff usuallly?
My guess would be the region's name, more gameplay, and the standard stuff: a handful of new Pokes, maybe one or two Regional variants, and a couple of new characters, possibly either another rival or one or two gym leaders (or an equivelant).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
My guess would be the region's name, more gameplay, and the standard stuff: a handful of new Pokes, maybe one or two Regional variants, and a couple of new characters, possibly either another rival or one or two gym leaders (or an equivelant).
Did it happen before that a Nintendo direct announced new stuff following an earlier Pokemon trailer ?

janejane6178

The most recent trailer was about two weeks ago now, so by the time the Nintendo Direct drops it'll have been roughly a month between the two, so I'd say there's a good chance more new stuff will be revealed.
Wonderful
I want news
And hear the new battle music

Kangaflora

With a bit of luck, we will know the name of the brand new Region we will be exploring, and also know if we have Gym Leaders, an Elite Four or what have you. Alola had no Gym Leaders (and no Champion until the player becomes Champion), and Galar had no Elite Four.

Julia Artemis

I actually think we won't get anything from the Direct. But I could absolutely see we get something the week before or the week after. If we do actually get something in the Direct it would probably be something really small

janejane6178

I actually think we won't get anything from the Direct. But I could absolutely see we get something the week before or the week after. If we do actually get something in the Direct it would probably be something really small
We barely know anything regarding the game
What hurts them to share info hehe
Meanies

Baggie_Saiyan

I just hope they don't go the ridiculous SuMo approach (since like that ScVi is also the 2nd game in a console) they overwhelmed us so much with info with that game... not much new mons were left to be discovered /:

ShadowForce720

I wouldn’t get my hopes upon new regional variants being revealed in the next upcoming trailer, because if you look at it the main series games that introduced new regional variants didn’t start showing them off until August.

So chances if Scarlet & Violet are introducing new regional variants we won’t start seeing them be revealed until August of this year.

janejane6178

I just hope they don't go the ridiculous SuMo approach (since like that ScVi is also the 2nd game in a console) they overwhelmed us so much with info with that game... not much new mons were left to be discovered /:
All Pokemon r revealed in data mine days before the release anyway....
For me the most fun part is finding new info and dicussing it, rather than the game itself

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Nintendo Direct on the 29th.

I wonder what we'll see, Pokémon-wise.

Where is the evidence for this Nintendo direct? Nintedo directs often happen around this time but I haven’t seen an announcement.

This has not been officially confirmed by Nintendo, it is just a rumor at this point. Nintendo usually does not officially announce Directs until the day before. The only exception is E3 presentations, but since E3 is cancelled and we haven't heard anything about some sort of Not E3 plans by this point, it's likely that they are waiting until the day before as with normal Directs. So if this rumor is true, we probably won't get confirmation until the 28th.

Now if the rumor IS true, well this is very interesting. Because I mentioned earlier that Pokemon's official Youtube page is doing promotions for various regions that is set up to potentially lead into a region reveal on the 29th.

Actually, there's a theory about the next news drop. The official Pokemon Youtube channel is dropping some promotional videos about various past regions every week. The Galar region video would be releasing on June 22. If the SV region followed this promotion, it would release on June 29. So there's a theory that on June 29, we'll get a third trailer that finally reveals the region name and full region map.

I gotta say, this feels like it lines up perfectly. Late June/early July is typically when we get the next trailer, so June 29 feels about right. I wouldn't outright expect it, but definitely keep an eye on that date to see if anything comes of it.

Normally Pokemon news does not show up in Nintendo Directs, but if these two occurrences align, we might very well see that region reveal in a full Nintendo Direct.

Again though, don't get too far ahead of yourselves getting excited for this. At the present when it comes to factual information about new news we currently have nothing. There could be a Nintendo Direct with Pokemon news on the 29th. There could just be Pokemon news. There could be nothing. We don't know yet until Nintendo and/or TPC confirm the news through their official websites and social media accounts and there's not even a whisper of anything from any of that. So don't get too excited yet or you could be disappointed.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Where is the evidence for this Nintendo direct? Nintedo directs often happen around this time but I haven’t seen an announcement.
Only based on patterns, since there is no E3 this year people are thinking we will get a de facto “E3 direct” in mid-June. Particularly as other companies had or are planning to do an E3-style showcase this week.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
As mentioned, the June 29 date is not officially announced by Nintendo, so please don't convince yourselves as if it is already confirmed.

In 2020, when E3 was also cancelled, we did not get any Direct. Instead, we got Nintendo Direct Minis on July, September and October.

Of course, not saying we won't get one. But please consider both possibilities.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In 2020, when E3 was also cancelled, we did not get any Direct. Instead, we got Nintendo Direct Minis on July, September and October.

Well 2020 was also sort of different because that was the year the pandemic first hit and a lot of companies (including Nintendo) were blindsided and their business was severely disrupted. So I don't think what happened in 2020 will repeat itself, especially when 2021 was back to something resembling normalcy. Again, doesn't necessarily mean we'll get one and nothing is confirmed yet, but I don't think 2020's Direct schedule has any relevance here beyond the possibility of there not being a Direct in June at all (i.e. I don't think it's particularly relevant to mention we had Direct Minis in X, Y, and Z months, we've been getting Directs on more of a regular schedule since 2021).