• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

falconlord

Mainly because I believe that the region would have such drastic differences between games (pretty much like Opelucid City, except over an entire region) that the region itself would have completely different names depending on version.
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

That would be such an exponential increase in workload (essentially designing two different games instead of one game with minor differences) that there's no way GameFreak would consider it worth it.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

scififan21

We might still be getting something from GF themselves in the form of a Pokémon Direct.
Maybe on the 28th or 29th I mean we still have a week or two left for that. I mean I'm sure we at least get another trailer style news at the very least with region name. They wouldn't want to kill the hype. How many months away now 5 months until game release a lot of people probably want more before they preorder either game or a duel pack.

keithpetrosky

I’m going to branch out on a limb IF the storyline ends up being about the past and future for the game plot, and how it links to my favorite Pokémon; Porygon.

Porygon is the first man made Pokémon and it’s purpose was to travel in space but couldn’t. Porygon 2 and Z were supposed to fix that issue and also visit other worlds and time travel.
So if time travel is part of scarlet and Violet plot, porygon needs an alternate, stable evolution to function properly. A humanoid robot looking evolution not only would be smart but self sufficient to travel through time and space and report back data it collected. This could then finally allow scientists to figure out time travel leading to the storyline plot. Also if you think future and technology, porygon and upgrades is the Pokémon that comes to mind and could play a huge role in game.

Koraidon and Miraidon if the same Pokémon, Miraidon has futuristic look to it. So if this has to do with past and present forms Porygon might be one of those Pokémon due for a major revamp due to its past evolutions instability and major scientific importance for time and space travel.

Luthor

I’m going to branch out on a limb IF the storyline ends up being about the past and future for the game plot, and how it links to my favorite Pokémon; Porygon.

Porygon is the first man made Pokémon and it’s purpose was to travel in space but couldn’t. Porygon 2 and Z were supposed to fix that issue and also visit other worlds and time travel.
So if time travel is part of scarlet and Violet plot, porygon needs an alternate, stable evolution to function properly. A humanoid robot looking evolution not only would be smart but self sufficient to travel through time and space and report back data it collected. This could then finally allow scientists to figure out time travel leading to the storyline plot. Also if you think future and technology, porygon and upgrades is the Pokémon that comes to mind and could play a huge role in game.

Koraidon and Miraidon if the same Pokémon, Miraidon has futuristic look to it. So if this has to do with past and present forms Porygon might be one of those Pokémon due for a major revamp due to its past evolutions instability and major scientific importance for time and space travel.

Now I do think Porygon will make the dex (given its more futuristic design). I could also see them giving it a more stable 3rd evolution (and it could make sense if Porygon 3 relies on higher level technology that it was discovered in these games). That being said I think it would still be bird like rather than humanoid given that is also a key part of their theme.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Now I do think Porygon will make the dex (given its more futuristic design). I could also see them giving it a more stable 3rd evolution (and it could make sense if Porygon 3 relies on higher level technology that it was discovered in these games). That being said I think it would still be bird like rather that humanoid given that is also a key part of their theme.
One Pokémon I think will most likely get in and even possibly get an evolution is Castform since it is the result of scientific research and was created in a lab. Type:Null and Silvally are two more possibilities with the explanation that a scientist discovered some thought to be lost notes on Type:Null and successfully created one using said notes.

Luthor

One Pokémon I think will most likely get in and even possibly get an evolution is Castform since it is the result of scientific research and was created in a lab. Type:Null and Silvally are two more possibilities with the explanation that a scientist discovered some thought to be lost notes on Type:Null and successfully created one using said notes.

All good choices. For Castform I'd even be happy if it finally got a Sandstorm form. Type Null like you say also makes a lot of sense.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The Xenoblade Direct has no bearing on Pokemon news. The Nintendo Direct is disappointing for fans of other Nintendo IP (especially fanbases that don't have an announced game confirmed yet), but Pokemon is one fanbase that doesn't have to worry about this because Pokemon rarely appears in Directs and often does their own thing anyway. We can easily still get news, and unlike with the Nintendo Direct, there's actually some solid evidence (not guaranteed proof, but likely evidence) that we might get something next week because of the Official Pokemon Youtube channel doing promotional trailers for each region which could lead up to them finally revealing the region. The Xenoblade Direct doesn't confirm or deny anything for Pokemon.

Orphalesion

The Nintendo Direct is disappointing for fans of other Nintendo IP (especially fanbases that don't have an announced game confirmed yet)
Agreed; we still have no confirmation or trailer of Mario Odyssey 2, and I've long since given up the hope of them ever releasing another F-Zero game.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Xenoblade Direct has no bearing on Pokemon news. The Nintendo Direct is disappointing for fans of other Nintendo IP (especially fanbases that don't have an announced game confirmed yet), but Pokemon is one fanbase that doesn't have to worry about this because Pokemon rarely appears in Directs and often does their own thing anyway. We can easily still get news, and unlike with the Nintendo Direct, there's actually some solid evidence (not guaranteed proof, but likely evidence) that we might get something next week because of the Official Pokemon Youtube channel doing promotional trailers for each region which could lead up to them finally revealing the region. The Xenoblade Direct doesn't confirm or deny anything for Pokemon.
Those promo trailers mean nothing.

scififan21

That's what I meant
Yes but there wasn't a new game generation announced at that time either. They did it for Sword/Shield so saying there is 'nothing' to it with 100 percent confidence is the same as saying it is 100 a sure thing with game news before it drops. Different sides same coin.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Real talk if we got a new Eeveelution after 9 years that would make these an instant buy for me, as silly as that sounds.

More on-topic, as others have said the region countdown could definitely mean news is coming soon but we won’t know until a trailer drops or an announcement is made. Just a matter of waiting right now.