• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Kangaflora

The lack of news regarding Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is what alienated the fans. We need more news. This hush-hush business is doing more harm than good.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
We go through this every time a new game is coming out and every time people act like it's the first time it's happened.
I mean we had a couple of approaches of game news drops. Some stay relatively silent (like Arceus)and some gave us news almost month (like SM for example)

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The lack of news regarding Pokémon Scarlet and Violet is what alienated the fans. We need more news. This hush-hush business is doing more harm than good.
SWSH is the 2nd best selling Pokemon game and the news cycle was similar thus far. They’re doing fine lol.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
SWSH is the 2nd best selling Pokemon game and the news cycle was similar thus far. They’re doing fine lol.
Except here it's worse because it's now July and we don't even know what the name of the region is, and I think that there's a good reason why they're keeping it a secret.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
How can a game be dying when its not even released yet? Patience people.

"Out of sight, out of mind."

Such little news has come for the game that the hype that originally surfaced in February has severely died down. While the game will certainly still sell millions, the lack of consistent hype could lead to it selling quite less than Sword & Shield.

ShadowForce720

"Out of sight, out of mind."

Such little news has come for the game that the hype that originally surfaced in February has severely died down. While the game will certainly still sell millions, the lack of consistent hype could lead to it selling quite less than Sword & Shield.
That’s literally not any different from Sword&Shield and other main series Pokémon games that have started a new generation.

It’s not that unusual that when the reveal is in February to then have to wait until May or June to get more information.

I mean heck some Pokémon games had less reveals. So where not really going through anything new when it comes to the reveal cycle.

Whether it sells less the Sword&Shield or not is not because there is less hype. Heck it’s pretty likely to that will get at least one trailer every month which is still pretty good. Just because there not releasing a trailer or new information every week doesn’t mean that it is dying or can’t generate consistent hype.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
PLA was announced in Febuary 2021, we didn't got more news until AUGUST, yet the game is the fastet selling in the entire franchise.
And let's not forget that leaks are a thing.

Legends received a full presentation extensively detailing the game, its plot, and its gameplay. Scarlet & Violet did not.

That’s literally not any different from Sword&Shield and other main series Pokémon games that have started a new generation.

It’s not that unusual that when the reveal is in February to then have to wait until May or June to get more information.

This isn't about waiting until May or June. This is about the amount of information presented.

As I've already mentioned numerous times, we normally receive a highly extensive presentation on the upcoming core title along with live gameplay, via E3. Instead, we received a 3-minite video containing no legitimate gameplay and very few details about the game.

It is now July, and we know less about Scarlet & Violet than we did about Pokémon Legends last year in February.

I understand if you and others are okay with not getting much info about the games, and I've met fans who prefer going into a game blind. I am not one of those fans, and neither are many others.

Dragon Pulse

These games are already dying for me and it's still months before they even come out. Sigh, I think this might be the end of me being a part of the Pokemon fandom. :(
…Just because we haven’t had new information for 4 weeks? It makes me assume you haven’t lived through a Pokémon news drought before, it’s always like this lol. I understand where people are coming from, but seeing (usually the same people) complain everyday makes me more frustrated.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Legends received a full presentation extensively detailing the game, its plot, and its gameplay. Scarlet & Violet did not.

This isn't about waiting until May or June. This is about the amount of information presented.

As I've already mentioned numerous times, we normally receive a highly extensive presentation on the upcoming core title along with live gameplay, via E3. Instead, we received a 3-minite video containing no legitimate gameplay and very few details about the game.

It is now July, and we know less about Scarlet & Violet than we did about Pokémon Legends last year in February.

I understand if you and others are okay with not getting much info about the games, and I've met fans who prefer going into a game blind. I am not one of those fans, and neither are many others.
Wonderful post, as always.
Fully agree

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon

I actually agree with this. I have a feeling the game might get delayed to 2023 if that happens then I'm fully okay with it, because I said this before and I'll say it again. It just seems too soon to announce this game right after PLA was released earlier in 2022. To me it just seemed rushed.

BCVM22

I actually agree with this. I have a feeling the game might get delayed to 2023
Nope nope nope. Don't do this. Save yourself this trouble, save the people who don't know any better the trouble of thinking this, and most importantly, save those of us who DO know better the trouble of reading the people who don't know any better and latch on to this. There are multiple layers at play here.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I didn't say it was getting delayed (sheesh you people misunderstood what I said) I just said IF the game was going to be delayed I have no problems with it. Just because I said "IF" doesn't mean it would happen. Only Nintendo/Game Freak themselves can make the decision.