• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
If people evolved from Pokémon, what Pokémon did we evolve from?
They didn’t. Arceus created people by taking two of Mew’s ribs and turning them into people. And then he placed them in a garden, where they ate Apricorns and gained the power to control Pokemon…

/Kidding, in case you couldn’t tell.

scififan21

I'm hoping we get news this week I mean we haven't gotten anything for this month yet and there is a lot of stuff we don't know yet we have four months left until launch I hope they turn up the news drop speed a lot these next couple of months. Not as much as Sun and Moon but at least to SwSh levels would be the best. Still waiting for that region name for petes sake. XD

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope Luvdisc gets something. Now that the move tutor is free Luvdisc is basically useless. In fact, it could be argued that this occurred during Gen 7

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm hoping we get news this week I mean we haven't gotten anything for this month yet and there is a lot of stuff we don't know yet we have four months left until launch I hope they turn up the news drop speed a lot these next couple of months. Not as much as Sun and Moon but at least to SwSh levels would be the best. Still waiting for that region name for petes sake. XD
Yup, some news could be lovely.
Pokemon news are always very exciting.
Atleast there is Pokemon Masters in the meantime..

scififan21

Yup, some news could be lovely.
Pokemon news are always very exciting.
Atleast there is Pokemon Masters in the meantime..
Being honest I don't play Masters.

Noah3475

Pokemon Trainer
I'm still going in with a little hope that the 8th Gym Leader or whatever we get, will have lvl 10 pokemon if we find them first
Could you imagine challenging a Dragon-type Gym where the leader just uses Noibat and <Insert name of Dragon Pre-evolution here>? And then eventually challenging a Bug-type Gym with 4 LV.50 Pokemon? That would be one of the best concepts since the Physical / Special split!
...At least in my humble opinion.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

At this point, I'm kinda curious to see how long they'll go without news. I've been officially burnt out, honestly. I could care less what happens now.

As I've stated before, I have no intention of buying this game before I see legit gameplay, anyway. If that means waiting until after the game is released, so be it.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Yeah, not everyone has already decided to buy SV. I am not paying for a game just because of its label. If a game wants my $ it needs to convince me it is worth the investment and Pokémon is no exception (particularly after SWSH, a game I regretted buying despite my best judgement at the time).

I am optimistic SV will be the Switch equivalent of SM to me and it will be a huge improvement compared to SWSH, but GF will need to show it to me before I decide to buy it (and even if I buy it, it's definitely not going to be a day-1 buy).
I have no qualms skipping it if I am not feeling it... already skipped PLA despite all the positive reception.

janejane6178

Yeah, not everyone has already decided to buy SV. I am not paying for a game just because of its label. If a game wants my $ it needs to convince me it is worth the investment and Pokémon is no exception (particularly after SWSH, a game I regretted buying despite my best judgement at the time).

I am optimistic SV will be the Switch equivalent of SM to me and it will be a huge improvement compared to SWSH, but GF will need to show it to me before I decide to buy it (and even if I buy it, it's definitely not going to be a day-1 buy).
I have no qualms skipping it if I am not feeling it... already skipped PLA despite all the positive reception.
You are right.
They really disrespect their fans at this point
You are releasing a newwwwwww gen.
First fully open world Pokemon game (allegedly)
Why aren’t u sharing some news to hype your fans?

scififan21

You are right.
They really disrespect their fans at this point
You are releasing a newwwwwww gen.
First fully open world Pokemon game (allegedly)
Why aren’t u sharing some news to hype your fans?
Exactly we want to know more about the world we will be exploring at least a little not everything so we can discover things on our own, but we need a little more then what amounts to crumbs.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with their marketing with this game yet.

No news from march~may and monthly news from june~july is exactly what I expect, so I have no problems with how they are doing things so far.
It is when we are nearing the release date (so starting from late august) that I will be able to tell if they are dropping the ball or not.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Exactly we want to know more about the world we will be exploring at least a little not everything so we can discover things on our own, but we need a little more then what amounts to crumbs.
I am not asking them to reveal the whole map or a lot of new Pokemon, but region's name? Some of the map?
They didnt reveal the most basic things.