• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

scififan21

Exactly the region name isn't too much to ask four months from release! Just some more location glimpses would be nice too.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Trailers are just spoilers if you already decided to play the game.

Why would you decide to buy a game you know next to nothing about? :confused:

Luthor

Could you imagine challenging a Dragon-type Gym where the leader just uses Noibat and <Insert name of Dragon Pre-evolution here>? And then eventually challenging a Bug-type Gym with 4 LV.50 Pokemon? That would be one of the best concepts since the Physical / Special split!
...At least in my humble opinion.

Applin would probably also work well in a early dragon gym. Being weak to bug and flying means that even if you can't find a good dragon or fairy for that point you should still be able to win with easily accessible Pokemon.

I hope Luvdisc gets something. Now that the move tutor is free Luvdisc is basically useless. In fact, it could be argued that this occurred during Gen 7

Yeah its been needing a boost for a long time. It was always struggling to remain relevant given its debut region having significantly better water types and now it really struggles.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I must be one of the few people that are excited by what we've seen so far. I am loving that the game is open world and we can visit areas in any order and that we can do 4 player co-op. Those are some mechanics I've always wanted to see and it's crazy that they're real now. I do want to see more, of course, but we know that things such as the region name, gyms (or whatever they're doing that's similar to gyms), and the regional burst are coming. We just have to wait for them to be revealed. I feel for the people that want to see more advancements in other areas of the formula and are worried about content, but other than that it's just a waiting game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I was sold on the games the moment they were announced. LGPE were pretty much the only Pokémon game that wasn’t a complete spin off that made me feel disappointed and let down big time.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I must be one of the few people that are excited by what we've seen so far. I am loving that the game is open world and we can visit areas in any order and that we can do 4 player co-op. Those are some mechanics I've always wanted to see and it's crazy that they're real now. I do want to see more, of course, but we know that things such as the region name, gyms (or whatever they're doing that's similar to gyms), and the regional burst are coming. We just have to wait for them to be revealed. I feel for the people that want to see more advancements in other areas of the formula and are worried about content, but other than that it's just a waiting game.
I don't think you're in the minority. People are just restless for news after the last update being over a month ago and not having as much as Gen 8's second trailer. Everything that was revealed has already been discussed/speculated on so now its just people wondering what's next. Personally I'm content with what we have but would like more information on how they'll handle the open world more than anything.

Baggie_Saiyan

Why would you decide to buy a game you know next to nothing about? :confused:
We know it's open world, we have professors, starters and even cover legends. That alone is plenty of info to decide to buy the game or not. I suspect most people who have played Pokemon really don't need any info other than it's a new Gen.

SwSh had a relatively quiet news cycle and it went on to be one of the best selling games

After the disastrous news cycle of SuMo. I'm happy with they way they are handling things

ChandelureDetour

I 100% agree with this. I’m super excited about what we know so far. Multiplayer in Pokémon is my dream game. Hopefully there is little to no lag between players.

My main concern is if the battle system remains Arceus. I really didn’t like aggro feature after 60 hours in. Also I’ve poured so much time into SWSH’s multiplayer and the lag and movement delay between players was pretty bad. If the game fixes these issues then it sounds like a lot of fun.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
We know it's open world, we have professors, starters and even cover legends. That alone is plenty of info to decide to buy the game or not. I suspect most people who have played Pokemon really don't need any info other than it's a new Gen.

Since when is that plenty of info? Literally every Pokémon game has those things, except the open world, which is a feature Game Freak is only now getting into.

I know most fans will buy a Pokémon game regardless of what's in it, and while we're all entitled to spend our money how we choose, it's still rather odd to make an uninformed purchase.

SwSh had a relatively quiet news cycle and it went on to be one of the best selling games

I already covered this one before, so I won't do it again. Feel free to read back a few pages.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Open world and full co-op are wonderful new concepts for Pokémon, but it would be nice to have both explained in detail.

Given this is the first for both features, I'd rather not go into them blind.

falconlord

I don't expect any serious marketing until September, honestly.

We might get some crumbs before then, but not much else.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
it's still rather odd to make an uninformed purchase.
I’m not sure how it’s entirely uninformed considering that this is the 9th generation of a game series that is building on an established formula. Yeah, it has some new features like Open World and Co-Op, but the core of the game appears to be very similar to what came before it. Besides deep dives on the Open World and Co-Op features (and really…if you played PLA, you probably have a feel for how an open-world Pokemon game could work even with the catching mechanics reverting back to standard…so that leaves Co-Op play which you will likely need to have the game in hand to really get the feel for it), the missing details are the basic things that change with every generation like the gimmick and the Pokedex. And I doubt those really stop people from buying the games.

BCVM22

What I heard is that Nintendo is monitoring the fan forums for feedback and they're taking down the names of people complaining, and if you get enough strikes you're not allowed to buy a copy of the game come November.

Is this a good post? Absolutely not. It's terrible. But it's also not worse than the same five people posting here daily complaining about the lack of news, as if it's going to change anything or matter in the slightest four months from now.

EDIT: Apparently I need to be clear that the above is satire? It's satire. It's very very satirical.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
What I heard is that Nintendo is monitoring the fan forums for feedback and they're taking down the names of people complaining, and if you get enough strikes you're not allowed to buy a copy of the game come November.

Is this a good post? Absolutely not. It's terrible. But it's also not worse than the same five people posting here daily complaining about the lack of news, as if it's going to change anything or matter in the slightest four months from now.
where tf is this even coming from.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Open world and full co-op are wonderful new concepts for Pokémon, but it would be nice to have both explained in detail.

Given this is the first for both features, I'd rather not go into them blind.

For co-op. maybe. They could stand to specify if there's any situations where we can't play in co-op. As far as open world though, the website has specified that the areas blend seamlessly together and we can explore areas in any order, what else do you really need to know?