• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
how would it be jarring? the original safari zone was also different from regular pokemon encounters. they could add a location where rare pokemon live and you can catch them as part of a contest perhaps.

Like I'd be fine with it, but I'd feel there's be complaints of not having option in the main world.

Honestly I think Safari Zones should be places where you can catch regional variants from past games on top of rarer Pokemon, like trade evolutions and such.

Ultra Beast Lover

The Elite Four equivalent could be the others who gained the champion rank. Maybe you have to prove that your the best of the four, or five, of them in order to become the champion.

Golden_Arcanine

This is getting closer and closer to being the perfect pokemon game. If they do forgo catching pokemon without battling then they should DEFINITELY include a Safari Zone. That would be a good compromise. The Safari Zone should work just like Legends Arceus.
I feel like the Safari Zone is dead. We've had the Safari Zone in Gen 1 (RBY), Gen 3 (RSE), and Gen 4 (DPPt) outside of remakes.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The new Pokemon designs are very simple and well done in my opinion.
They are not too complex and out of place like alot of gen 8 ones

NeoDude-5000

I wonder if there's a 4th story after you beat all 3 main stories? I do like the idea on having multiple stories. So much potential.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
So to go over my points ofr the 3 stories:

1. Gym Route-Travel to each Gym and battle the leaders to reach the Elite 4 and earn Champion Rank. Nemona is a focused NPC here.
2. Region Route-You travel the region learning about it and unlocking areas by ascending those towers, point is to discover all Pokemon. Alven focused.
3. Race Route-You travel to each arena where we see those star flags and enter into races, this maybe be villain focused, Penny might be a surprise antagonist. It says she is not often at school, could just be because she has a wild side hobby.
I can tell there is going to be a lot of replayabillity depending on which path you choose and if the outcome remains the same or its different. It will be interesting to see how this turns out because this is something brand new for Pokemon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Sorry, Smeargle guy, but I will have to block you. Your constant posts of "rumors" every other minute in every thread are getting a bit annoying for someone avoiding spoilers (as a general rule, people who want to be spoiled will actively go after the spoilers, there's no need to chase them with those information. And those who don't do that mostly prefer to stay like this and don't want to be nagged by people regarding them).
Apologies, that's me not realizing what thread I'm in due to jumping back and forth, I'll refrain from rumour referencing here.

I'll delete the two posts I referenced rumours in.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
Very happy with the gimmick this time around, there’s a lot of potential.

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
I believe there won't be a Champion character in the traditional sense, nor will there be an Elite 4.
Will they go back to the Sun and Moon version where originally there was no Champion but when you beat the Elite Four you are considered "First Ever Champion"?

Ultra Beast Lover

Depending on how things are handled story wise, the three route system might actually be best for Pokemon. With some exceptions, Pokemon has had trouble balancing plot, character development, the evil team story, and making it mesh with the gym challenge. In BWB2W2, to keep it brief, the characters, plot, and gyms were intrinsically linked, they all developed at the same rate. It worked well but I think the staff has been wanting to tell bigger and bigger stories, this can be hard if they have to work with the limit of eight gyms and ensure that the plot matches with the pace of the gym progression. Not impossible, obviously, I mean we've seen various people rewrite the games' stories to be better with that very limit, but still a challenge if limited to the current system.

At its core, Pokemon is an adventure rpg, it makes sense to tell its stories via "arcs", even if you choose to do all three at once. Now they can tell a complete gym story without having to worry about the evil team, focusing that arc on whichever friend they choose plus a colorful cast of characters. Another arc can then focus on another friend with their cast, probably with a bit of overlap between arcs. Then the next arc can do the same. No one has to have more or less screentime due to gym progression or the villain plot. And, the best part is, the little tidbits in the characters bios can actually be showcased, like Grusha's snowboarding.

Of course, that all depends on how they execute it. They actually did this pretty well in Legends, each chapter focusing on the boss of an area and the wardens. It can still go poorly if they don't do it right.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I assume I'll do the Gym Route first, but we don't know what the other 2 routes will be yet.

maybe one route is catching the full pokedex like Legends Arceus?

Best new Feature of the Game :D
I plan on focusing on the Gym route first in my main game and maybe do a bit of the other two routes along the way depending on what the other two paths are.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Will they go back to the Sun and Moon version where originally there was no Champion but when you beat the Elite Four you are considered "First Ever Champion"?
Apparently this time, the Champion is no longer a title held by a single person, but rather it is a rank that many different trainers hold.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Was wondering possible locations for Pokémon League. The north-western of Center City is a likely candidate with an entrance to Victory Road.

n1UoKeG.png

The website mentions a "Champion Assessment" to become Champion Rank, that implies that it's probably conducted in Naranja/Uva Academy. That building is interesting, but it might be something else.