• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I wonder if Game Freak took the complaints regarding the lack of post game to heart and will finally offer us something fun to do. With this being the 25th anniversary, I‘d love a return of the PWT in addition to a post game plot line similar to the Delta Episode or the Giratina arc in PLA.

SM/USUM/SwSh all were a big disappointment in this area, hopefully this will be a step-up.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I wonder if Game Freak took the complaints regarding the lack of post game to heart and will finally offer us something fun to do. With this being the 25th anniversary, I‘d love a return of the PWT in addition to a post game plot line similar to the Delta Episode or the Giratina arc in PLA.

SM/USUM/SwSh all were a big disappointment in this area, hopefully this will be a step-up.
25th was last year

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

We're likely never gonna see the PWT ever return unless the games reverted back to sprites.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I could see it in future games with an older trainer but facial hair on one of these 10 year old SV protags would look very odd
That's why when I first saw the trainers, I was upset. That, and of course the fact that the age the SV protags are doesn't reflect the age of the majority of those who are actually going to be playing these games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Post-game is now DLC.

Personally, I'd rather have DLC, when it comes to Pokémon anyway.

scififan21

I'm fine with DLC as long as they don't do the crappy thing of purposely cutting a lot of stuff just to get extra money from DLC that a lot of companies do. I would hope the Pokemon Company/Nintendo would be better then that, but I air on the side of cation. As long as the base game actually feels full/complete and not empty or slashed for the sake of selling you content at extra cost I'm fine. It is a very hard balance to strike, but it is possible if the effort is put forth.

GLTSRY

All the models they would have to create otherwise.
They’d have to create new models for DLC characters anyways though, and thanks to the Switch games they at least have models for the Kanto, Sinnoh, Galar and Paldea characters.

Maybe a smaller roster consisting just of champions and 1-2 other elite trainers of the region would make it feasible?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The problem isn’t models. They can reuse the models from Gen6 forward.

The problem is retexturing the models so that they are 1)high res, 2)fit the art style for the current generation and 3)have no animation issues when brought into the latest version of the game engine.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They’d have to create new models for DLC characters anyways though, and thanks to the Switch games they at least have models for the Kanto, Sinnoh, Galar and Paldea characters.

Maybe a smaller roster consisting just of champions and 1-2 other elite trainers of the region would make it feasible?
Those models are unusable because SV completely changed how the NPC models looked.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Baggie_Saiyan

Team Rainbow Rocket was one of the best post games in the entire series!

GLTSRY

Team Rainbow Rocket was one of the best post games in the entire series!
I‘m happy that you liked it, but for me it falls way behind any other post game besides probably XY, especially when compared to previous third versions.

Instead of doing something interesting with the previous villains, they all sit comfortably in their chairs in an hour long snooze fest. No new area, no new characters, no special challenge or anything - it felt like it was a last minute addition because they needed something that sets the Ultra games apart from regular SM

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Xy post game was my fav of all
The story of Emma was so touching and wonderful
The Battle Chateu was so majestic too
And lumiouse city has so many places to explore, it is the opposite of the empty city in swsh

Ultra Beast Lover

Now that I think about it, shouldn't Terastilizing have been in Galar? Rose's whole thing was that Dynamax energy was limited and would eventually run out. Terastel energy needs to be refilled after use, that could've connected to his goals.

Akashin

Now that I think about it, shouldn't Terastilizing have been in Galar? Rose's whole thing was that Dynamax energy was limited and would eventually run out. Terastel energy needs to be refilled after use, that could've connected to his goals.
The issue was that Dynamax energy was also used as a finite power source, and as of now there is no confirmation that Terastal energy can be used for the same purpose. A better point of comparison would be Mega Evolution energy, which is at the core of Devon Corp's Infinity Energy, and would be a viable replacement energy source.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm fine with DLC as long as they don't do the crappy thing of purposely cutting a lot of stuff just to get extra money from DLC that a lot of companies do. I would hope the Pokemon Company/Nintendo would be better then that, but I air on the side of cation. As long as the base game actually feels full/complete and not empty or slashed for the sake of selling you content at extra cost I'm fine. It is a very hard balance to strike, but it is possible if the effort is put forth.

I mean, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra seemed pretty solid. They felt like a whole new game, really.

I have confidence the DLC for Scarlet & Violet will be incredible.