• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Autobot N

Xy post game was my fav of all
The story of Emma was so touching and wonderful
The Battle Chateu was so majestic too
And lumiouse city has so many places to explore, it is the opposite of the empty city in swsh
It was fun that if you didn't have enough money to pay the taxi guy he'd bring you to a dark alley and try to beat the crap out of you with his Pokemon

ShadowForce720

I mean, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra seemed pretty solid. They felt like a whole new game, really.

I have confidence the DLC for Scarlet & Violet will be incredible.
Speaking of Scarlet & Violet DLC I feel like that area that is basically southern France/Kalos and is just covered in fog screams is going to be used for DLC just like the situation with the Crown Thundra and Galar.

So one part will probably be that and then maybe another part will be some islands.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Speaking of Scarlet & Violet DLC I feel like that area that is basically southern France/Kalos and is just covered in fog screams is going to be used for DLC just like the situation with the Crown Thundra and Galar.

So one part will probably be that and then maybe another part will be some islands.

Nah, I think it's just gonna be past and future versions of Paldea. It makes the most sense, and it's also the cheapest thing to do.

If there is indeed a connection in the story to AZ and the Kalosian War, I can see there being DLC surrounding that war from Paldea's perspective.

ShadowForce720

Nah, I think it's just gonna be past and future versions of Paldea. It makes the most sense, and it's also the cheapest thing to do.

If there is indeed a connection in the story to AZ and the Kalosian War, I can see there being DLC surrounding that war from Paldea's perspective.
There is literally a area covered in a substantial amount of fog on the north eastern part of the region, the last time we had a similar situation was back in Galar and the Crown Thundra was revealed.

So it is pretty likely that we are getting part of southern Kalos as DLC to some extent otherwise the map wouldn’t have extended that far.

paldeamap.jpg

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
There is literally a area covered in a substantial amount of fog on the north eastern part of the region, the last time we had a similar situation was back in Galar and the Crown Thundra was revealed.

So it is pretty likely that we are getting part of southern Kalos as DLC to some extent otherwise the map wouldn’t have extended that far.

paldeamap.jpg

Literally every region since Unova has had cloud cover in its official map. That has never made a difference.

We cannot assume now that it means something.

Mota

paldeamap.jpg

Crown Thundra (Scotland) is part of Galar (United Kingdom), but Kalos (France) has absolutely nothing to do with Paldea (Spain).

I see more likely a DLC of the Balearic or Canary Islands (I hopefully that both).

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Literally every region since Unova has had cloud cover in its official map. That has never made a difference.

That argument doesn’t work as the only time significant amount of cloud cover was used to cover up land was on the case of the Crown Tundra in Galar.

Crown Thundra (Scotland) is part of Galar (United Kingdom), but Kalos (France) has absolutely nothing to do with Paldea (Spain).

I see more likely a DLC from the Balearic or Canary Islands (I hopefully from both).
So that doesn’t mean that part of it can’t be visited, as don’t forget Portugal is not part of Spain, and yet it was still made a part of Paldea.

If they really had no intention of that part of the map being used for DLC then they would have had the map adjusted in a way to cut off that part.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Alola didn’t after SM’s release when the Aether Foundation was revealed to be hidden under the cloud that was removed from all subsequent maps. And the Poképelego is still recognizable under the cloud so the clouds are more for aesthetics in Alola than other regions.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Xy post game was my fav of all
The story of Emma was so touching and wonderful
The Battle Chateu was so majestic too
And lumiouse city has so many places to explore, it is the opposite of the empty city in swsh

Thing is that Lumiose was already fully explorable by the time you fight Clemont. The only post game areas in XY are Kiloude City, Zygarde's chamber in Terminus Cave and Unknown Dungeon. Which literally just amounts to one town and two rooms. Previous games had entire subregions to explore like the Sevii Islands in FRLG, the Battle Zone in DPPt, and East Unova in BW. I was hoping we'd get Southern Kalos for XY's post game to follow suit but nope, that entire section of the map was just nothingness. Also the Battle Chateau is literally just the Battle Tower (which we'd gotten in every game since Crystal) with a different name. So no, XY's post game didn't impress me in the slightest. In fact, I'd say it's one of the worst post games in the series, in the same tier as other nearly nonexistent post games like RBYLGPE and RS (probably just above those two but they're more comparable to those post games than other more substantial post games).

Last edited:

Mota

That argument doesn’t work as the only time significant amount of cloud cover was used to cover up land was on the case of the Crown Tundra in Galar.

So that doesn’t mean that part of it can’t be visited, as don’t forget Portugal is not part of Spain, and yet it was still made a part of Paldea.

If they really had no intention of that part of the map being used for DLC then they would have had the map adjusted in a way to cut off that part.

Portugal doesn't seem to be represented in Paldea because until now nothing has been seen about that country neither the Portuguese language nor buildings nor any clear reference that suggests that Portugal has some type of representation. What's more, the game won't even have a Portuguese translation, which says a lot.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

If our legendary at no point picks us up from school I'm going to ride it to school every time I have to return to it. Seriously, it'd be so cute if after we're sent on the treasure hunt someone runs up to the Principal and is like, "Um sir, we have a situation outside." Everyone goes outside and sees the legendary just patiently sitting around, waiting for you to get out of school. Then upon seeing you the legend runs up to you, excitedly greets you, and now we're just able to call upon them whenever.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One feature I'm REALLY hoping comes back in Scarlet & Violet is the ability to nickname traded pokemon once. It's a small quality of life feature, but it's one that I really missed since it wasn't available in BDSP or Legends

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Also even with the relaxed restrictions you still can't nickname event Pokemon that have a Classic Ribbon or Wishing Ribbon as I found out the hard way trying to name my Shiny Zamazenta.

Ultra Beast Lover

Too bad this isn't set in Galar and we don't have any visible trains, we could've called the school Lechonkwarts.

Oh, you know what would be a cool trailer? An orientation type film/ad for Uva/Naranja Academy, maybe even a virtual tour. The trailer could then introduce the teachers, show us around the different classrooms while telling us what we'll be learning, maybe even have Arven and Nemona, as star students, say a little something.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Too bad this isn't set in Galar and we don't have any visible trains, we could've called the school Lechonkwarts.

Oh, you know what would be a cool trailer? An orientation type film/ad for Uva/Naranja Academy, maybe even a virtual tour. The trailer could then introduce the teachers, show us around the different classrooms while telling us what we'll be learning, maybe even have Arven and Nemona, as star students, say a little something.

Honestly, I hope we are actually able to take legit classes. Like, all of the tutorials, tips and tools are all offered via classes, and we can improve our skills, EXP and receive rewards by passing the classes we take.

Like, for real, that **** would be fun!

Ultra Beast Lover

Honestly, I hope we are actually able to take legit classes. Like, all of the tutorials, tips and tools are all offered via classes, and we can improve our skills, EXP and receive rewards by passing the classes we take.

Like, for real, that **** would be fun!
Well Legends was able to make catching Pokemon fun, don't see why SV can't make classes fun. If that's the case then I wonder which classes take on which tutorial. We see at least six teachers so that's at least six classes and we know that our Pokemon can be used in some classes. Maybe it could go like this:

Biology-Type match ups.

P.E.-Either actual battles or stat enhancing items.

Language Arts-Fill in the blanks? Maybe instead of the sign posts we have to read a book titled Trainer Tips

Math-Damage multipliers.

Geography-The names of the different landmarks in Paldea, possibly including the Gym Leaders?

I'm not sure what the sixth one would be, history?