• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think the special move they get for it, but I forgot what the move is called Tera Blast? Serves as the STAB move for every Tera Type regardless of other moves/types.
Yes,

Tera Blast takes on the same typing as a Pokemon's Tera Type and will either be physical or special depending on what stat is higher per Pokemon

Baggie_Saiyan

So Sonic Frontiers game went on pre order and the RRP is £10 more than Pokemon and the same for Zelda.

So we still aren't paying console prices for Pokemon games. Makes all these screenshot comparisons even more ridiculous

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I just hope we get a good multiplayer mode this time, especially for single battles.

I can understand that TPC wants VGC as the official tournament format, but that shouldn’t mean that single battles get the short end of the stick.

scififan21

So Sonic Frontiers game went on pre order and the RRP is £10 more than Pokemon and the same for Zelda.

So we still aren't paying console prices for Pokemon games. Makes all these screenshot comparisons even more ridiculous
Where is this? I go to Walmart and the price is the same for all Switch games Pokemon or otherwise. Pre-orders might have price differences I don't know about though?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

Could you perhaps clarify what the prices are in your area? In the US, from a quick search on my part, the Sonic Frontiers preorder is the same $60 price as either Scarlet or Violet, and the same price as virtually every other console game - there are a few stray AAA games that have pushed their price to $70 to widespread complaints, but pretty much everything is at $60. New Zelda games are that price as well here. In this market, at least, we’re definitely paying the full and standard console game price for Pokémon games.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

This is not the case in the U.S. at least. Pokemon games, Zelda, and Sonic Frontiers are all $60. The only games that are $70 in the U.S. are on PS5 and Xbox Series X, and the PS5/XBSX versions of Frontiers are still $60.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I honestly wonder if Kecleon is in this game if both Color Change and Synchronoise would be updated for the Terastalize gimmick.

EDIT: SV Japanese news feed confirms that all Pokemon will be able to have any of the 18 types as their Tera Type in SV.

Lets see the meta plan for this!

Definitely now going to hunt for a Water tera type Cetitan.

There are a host of pokemon I want with Tera-Ghost types:

- Ninetales
- Umbreon
- Venusaur
- Suicune
- Snorlax
- Blissey
- Lucario
- Metagross
- Hisuian Arcanine
- Koraidon (if possible)
- Quaxly Line

Also, if the Swords of Justice are in the game, I wanna get a Tera-Ghost Terrakion and have it hold Weakness Policy, so it gets hella boosts with Justified.

DSDark

Breeder
I know, just trying to keep it a secret
Anyways, when do you guys think they'll do the big reveal? I'm hoping it's tomorrow.
probably next week. Pokemon company likes to let things stew for a bit

The h-zorua stuff was:
October 19, 21, and 26

So Tuesday, Thursday, and then Tuesday

scififan21

Going with next week so everybody has time to discuss and theorize. I thought it was evil team reveal maybe? They usually use these for Pokemon reveals though, so that is probably off the mark on my part.