• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope it's cute, it looks small.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
A graffiti aiai? So the result of crossbreeding Passimian and Smeargle?

scififan21

I can't wait to see it! I hope it is cute, and the little guy will end up on one of my teams for sure! Especially if it posion type, because I don't have one picked out yet. :)

Orphalesion

Heh, they are really drawing this out, eh? Well, Grafaiai better be super adorable/cool to justify this whole song and dance around its reveal.

scififan21

Or it has a special gimmick move of some kind? That wouldn't be a surprise, I do actually enjoy this kind of marketing ala the Hisuian Zorua/Zoroark video was super fun to speculate about, but this is moving at warp speed. Maybe they realized the lack of news in July pissed people off. XD

Orphalesion

Or it has a special gimmick move of some kind?

Maybe it's ability to paint will have some sort of use outside of battle? Could be that we can decorate stuff with it, maybe even a t-shirt or something.
Since there are many different combinations of colours, it could also be that various Grafaiai have different combinations of colors on...whatever body part they use to paint. In the silhouette it kinda like the tail is a paintbrush (assuming that is a tail), but that would be a bit close to Smeargle, and with an Aye Aye fingerprinting seems more obvious.

Julia Artemis

So apparently we are getting something on the 1st. Hope it's more that Grafaiai, but won't be upset if it's not as it's concept is literally brilliant.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Hopefully we will get a reveal of Grafaiai soon. Not sure of its potential typing, the only types that come to mind for me is Normal and/or Ghost.

Red and Blue

Hopefully we will get a reveal of Grafaiai soon. Not sure of its potential typing, the only types that come to mind for me is Normal and/or Ghost.
Another one that comes to mind is part Dark due to Aye Ayes being nocturnal animals

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Too bad it's not a Fiskerton Phantom, Normal/Ghost would be perfect for it.

I'm thinking poison or psychic, like maybe the paintings are mesmerizing, almost hypnotic. But then, I guess that Fairy, Ghost, or Dark could also work.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
If this apparent upcoming "Grafaiai" reveal only reveals this Pokemon and nothing else, I pray that it's definitely not the only bit of news we get for September. I will LOSE MY (censored) if that's all we get.