• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

I really want a Pokemon based on the Flatwoods Monster!
That would definitely be a psychic type. Honestly, I think they should make more Pokemon based on cryptids/mythological monsters such as the Honey Island Swamp Monster or the Flashlight Frog.

Orphalesion

That would definitely be a psychic type. Honestly, I think they should make more Pokemon based on cryptids/mythological monsters such as the Honey Island Swamp Monster or the Flashlight Frog.

I'm quite confused as to why they don't. From what I've heard those cryptids are fairly popular in Japan, hence why we have Sableye, who's at least partially based on the Hopkinsville Goblin.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm quite confused as to why they don't. From what I've heard those cryptids are fairly popular in Japan, hence why we have Sableye, who's at least partially based on the Hopkinsville Goblin.
On that note, I've heard Cetitan may be partially inspired by the ningen of recent Japanese folklore, being a two legged, white, whale-like creature.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Grafaiai isn't the best of names, but I'll take it. The German name 'Affiti' or French name 'Tag-Tag' is better though. Can't wait for September 1st for full reveal.

Nave

Grafaiai isn't the best of names, but I'll take it. The German name 'Affiti' or French name 'Tag-Tag' is better though. Can't wait for September 1st for full reveal.
I like Grafaiai, but I'm definitely naming mine Tag-Tag.

scififan21

That would be perfect for them to use Grafiaiai! If that ends up being the case, and I honestly suspected that character to be a grunt for the 'evil' team this generation. Seemed to have a different feel than an average trainer class model.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I have been thinking if Grafaiai is one of the villain's common Pokemon, similar to Golbat, Mightyena, etc. In the trailer, we've seen a graffiti artist or some sort. And I'm curious if Paldea's evil team are vandals, rebels, or school dropouts.
School dropouts would make perfect sense!

But considering that Team Skull were dropouts too, they’d have to make them stand-out to not have yet another Team Skull copy

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Looks more like an Alien Pokémon than all the other alien Pokémon we got over the years

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Although I like the concept, I think it’s a bit ugly but I’m sure it’ll grow on me with time and I’ll love it all the same.

So far I’m just thinking normal type, possibly normal/poison or dark/poison?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
confirmed poison/normal

FbkuW4EUUAAOghb

Notice how the design conveys it wearing a hoodie and spray-paint mask

Also they gave it a proper toothcomb

FbksnNeaQAAnykv

INFO:

Type: Poison/Normal-type
Classification: Toxic Monkey Pokémon
Height: 2'4"
Weight: 60lbs
Ability: Unburden / Poison Touch

Grafaiai is nocturnal. Once the sun sets, it licks its hands and fingers to cover them in poison, then uses them to draw patterns on the trees in its territory. The poisonous saliva it uses to paint paralyzes Bug Pokémon, which are drawn to the saliva’s sweet, fragrant scent. When dawn draws near, Grafaiai goes to collect any incapacitated prey.

This Pokémon specializes in using its poisonous saliva—which changes color depending on what the Pokémon eats—to attack foes by spitting at them or by slashing at them after coating its claws with the saliva. When Grafaiai senses danger, its poison rapidly becomes concentrated, resulting in a potent toxin that, once absorbed, will immobilize a victim for three whole days.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I'm shocked. Not only did they not censor the long middle finger by moving it to a different spot on the hand, but they gave it a design and personality of someone that definitely would flip someone off.

Orphalesion

Now seeing the official reveal, I think Grafaiai might be my favourite design for this generation, so far.

Also glad it's a poison type. i don't have too many poison types among my favourites.