• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm shocked. Not only did they not censor the long middle finger by moving it to a different spot on the hand, but they gave it a design and personality of someone that definitely would flip someone off.
Oh no man, the longest finger is still the middle one

Also it seems to be unique to that forest location alone, I'm definitely running over there early game I think.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm surprised too that they kept the long finger as the middle finger. Sure its accurate but dang that seems like a controversy waiting to happen.

Overall I like the design, but I sort of hope that the "hoodie" is shown as being something it can at least partially pull off like a special flap of skin. Otherwise it looks like its ears have no ear holes, and the edges of its eyes even get cut off.

And yay, my little Vivillon collection will get an upgrade finally.

Ultra Beast Lover

Ok so we have to look for trees or rocks with those markings. I like that, incorporating the dex lore into the world. I wonder where we'll find these trees...

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm surprised too that they kept the long finger as the middle finger. Sure its accurate but dang that seems like a controversy waiting to happen.

Overall I like the design, but I sort of hope that the "hoodie" is shown as being something it can at least partially pull off like a special flap of skin. Otherwise it looks like its ears have no ear holes, and the edges of its eyes even get cut off.

Looking at the model, you can see how the lighting on the edges around its eyes show that it is folded over the head.

However, like Passimian's ears, we probably will never see it officially with its hood off.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Grafaiai looks really manacing. Wondering if and how its evo will look like.
And a new type combo is always nice:)

So Normal/Poison is neutral to Fighting, right?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Cool detail, they gave it the aye aye's rodent-like teeth.

Looking at the model, you can see how the lighting on the edges around its eyes show that it is folded over the head.

However, like Passimian's ears, we probably will never see it officially with its hood off.
One can hope at least. We did get things like Applin's real body and Hatterene's appearance under the hair.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ok, I'm not geeking out over it like I was with Scorbunny & Obstagoon, but Grafaiai is the first Gen 9 pokemon I NEED to have on my team!! I love the design & typing, and I'm a sucker for any pokemon with an art theme

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

It's wearing a hoodie? Oh God, it IS! Well someone at Game Freak knew exactly how to get this into my top ten primate Pokemon list.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Another gen 6 confirmed to be in the game
In other words another perfection and master piece Pokemon will the in the game

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Here’s hoping for a cool new Vivillon pattern to celebrate Paldea
What if each Vivilon pattern has a different Terra type?
It would be nice if they something with the useless forms Pokemon (VIvillon, Sawsbuck, Alcremie, Furfrou) even something as simple as dedicated Terra types.

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
It would be nice if they something with the useless forms Pokemon (VIvillon, Sawsbuck, Alcremie, Furfrou) even something as simple as dedicated Terra types.
I think you figured it out. Excluding the 2 special patterns, Vivillon has 18 patterns, which is the same as how many types there are. Matching each to a certain Tera type would make sense.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I doubt they will give a gen 6 Pokemon such special treatment, but I love this idea