• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

Defensively, Grafaiai is weak to Ground and Psychic and resistant to Poison, Bug, Grass, Fairy, and immune to Ghosts. Offensively, Grafaiai is strong against Grass and Fairies but not very strong against Rock, Ghost, or Steel.

A good choice in terms of Defensive coverage, maybe not as good in terms of offensive coverage but as always, it's hard to say how viable it'll be until release, it could get a wildcard move that makes it good against other types. Like how, I'm pretty sure, most Water types can learn ice type moves that make them good against Grass, Flying, Dragon, and Ground.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Defensively, Grafaiai is weak to Ground and Psychic and resistant to Poison, Bug, Grass, Fairy, and immune to Ghosts. Offensively, Grafaiai is strong against Grass and Fairies but not very strong against Rock, Ghost, or Steel.

A good choice in terms of Defensive coverage, maybe not as good in terms of offensive coverage but as always, it's hard to say how viable it'll be until release, it could get a wildcard move that makes it good against other types. Like how, I'm pretty sure, most Water types can learn ice type moves that make them good against Grass, Flying, Dragon, and Ground.
Maybe it's not as good as Ghost/Normal which is immune to fighting but still it is neutral to it which is something, a good mon to poison those fighting types.

scififan21

Oh my god I love Grafiaiai! He is going to be on my team for sure! I'm thinking on Scarlet team to counter fairy types. He is so cute and a bit of creepy to him as well. They are nailing the designs this gen in my opinion I have yet to see one that makes me say. "Uh."

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's cut out the arguing and get back to discussion.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Well theres goes another of my fakemons I draw when I was younger. As if GF found my old drawings.

Good design, eyes are a bit scary but solid otherwise.

treatyofversigh

Grafaiai’s eyes kinda freak me out a little, so I’ll probably pass on it as a team member, tbh. I definitely like the concept and I like poison types, though, so it’ll probably end up growing on me at some point! I wonder how far that painted forest is from the starting area.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Grafaiai’s eyes kinda freak me out a little, so I’ll probably pass on it as a team member, tbh. I definitely like the concept and I like poison types, though, so it’ll probably end up growing on me at some point! I wonder how far that painted forest is from the starting area.
I think the eyes are far better than Quilladin and its dead eyed serial killer stare.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Wouldn't they have shown us that?
To be fair, I believe we didn’t know about Alcremie’s multiple forms until the September 2019 Nintendo Direct that also revealed Polteageist, Cramorant, Pokémon Camp, and League Cards. Prior to that we only knew it had a GMax form iirc. So hypothetically they could reveal it later or keep it a secret even though I’m not expecting it personally.

Kage-Pikachu

I hope reaching Champion Rank will affect dialogue, it would be strange if the player is still treated as a student by their peers after beating the pokemon league. I still have mixed feelings about this since i like the idea of there being only a single champion.