• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Luthor

Maybe we fight four other trainers who also achieved Champion rank, making them akin to the E4, and the strongest of the Champion rank trainers is the acting Champion.

Given that this time around we aren't just a trainer but also a student that the mechanics are slightly different if it ties into the school element. I could see them all being part of the school (e.g Student council. elite students or teachers)

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Maybe they will reveal why they cut half of the female player's hair? Joke...

I wonder if we will get more Fairy types

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Given that this time around we aren't just a trainer but also a student that the mechanics are slightly different if it ties into the school element. I could see them all being part of the school (e.g Student council. elite students or teachers)
I’m thinking that the “Champions” we will have to face are the strongest students in the school and most are in the higher grades while there is two or three among the lower grades. Sort of like the group of students who have the highest GPAs in school and are put into a special class that was developed to help them expand their knowledge even more than a regular class would.

DSDark

Breeder
Maybe they will reveal why they cut half of the female player's hair? Joke...

I wonder if we will get more Fairy types
According to leaks
8. Fidough and its evolution, a three stage pink Pokémon carrying a hammer, and three paradox Pokémon

Orphalesion

According to leaks
8. Fidough and its evolution, a three stage pink Pokémon carrying a hammer, and three paradox Pokémon

Yeah that's
honestly my biggest disappointment in this generation, that there will only be two new Fairy lines, and one of them is even just pure fairy :-/ . I don't count Paradox forms because it sounds like they're only available at the end of the game.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Looking back at the post there aren't any spoilers in it. Let's look at the SV website. It says, and I quote (emphasis mine) "The Paldea region has a Pokémon League and a special class of pro-rank Pokémon Trainers who have achieved the Champion Rank. These Trainers have grown with their Pokémon to be able to dazzle audiences with their skills in battle."

The website specifically confirms multiple trainers holding the Champion Rank. So it's not a spoiler, it's confirmed information.
The “Champion” rank sounds like a professional level of Pokémon battlers. You complete the amateur tour as a student and become a “champion”/professional after completing your assessment.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
News announced for September 7th at 22:00 JST / 14:00 BST / 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT
I really hope we will get the Evil Team, 1 or 2 more Gym Leaders, maybe some Gen 9 Version Exclusives and
Some Paradox forms

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I really hope we will get the Evil Team, 1 or 2 more Gym Leaders, maybe some Gen 9 Version Exclusives and
Some Paradox forms
I am not ready for the

Vitriol backlash that fans will have when they see Paradox Pokemon "STEALING" dex spots from NEW Pokemon and how awful it is that Digeel and the mushroom jelly look like Diglett and Tentacruel without understanding either.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I am not ready for the

Vitriol backlash that fans will have when they see Paradox Pokemon "STEALING" dex spots from NEW Pokemon and how awful it is that Digeel and the mushroom jelly look like Diglett and Tentacruel without understanding either.
I think Paradox will have a similar perception to Megas and Gigantamax.
Digleet and Tentacool wannabes should be treated like Regional forms.
I think people will get pissed off when they learn only Regional Forms are Wooper-line and 3 Tauros forms

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I think Paradox will have a similar perception to Megas and Gigantamax.
Digleet and Tentacool wannabes should be treated like Regional forms.
I think people will get pissed off when they learn only Regional Forms are Wooper-line and 3 Tauros forms
Of for sure, ESPECIALLY that Tauros gets 3!

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
Hard to believe that the game is coming out in the next 2 months. Despite what everyone thinks I am going into this with an open mind and keeping my expectations really low.

Ultra Beast Lover

Funny, I was just wondering when the next piece of news would come.

Please be about the evil team and about the school

Pokemon Power

I think they're gonna reveal some new evolutionary relatives for some of the new Pokemon we've seen already, along with a new feature or two.

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
it was about time they started promoting these games properly. I still haven't decided which version to get (they're awfully pricey in Brazil, I can't afford both), hopefully they'll announce some version exclusives,
paradox
or not

scififan21

I feel like they need to make more exclusives obvious because while I am getting the duel pack. I can understand those that can't and need to pick one and most do on exclusives. I'm so excited for more news, honestly wasn't expecting anything so soon. Thought it would be next week at earliest.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have a feeling that no matter what is revealed, a group of fans will start to complain about something nitpicky in the trailer and games. This always seems to happen. Remember how upset people were that Meowth got another regional form instead of another Pokémon or even a new one? At least that one went away once everyone realized how useful it is and that Perserker was a much better evolution for Meowth than Kantonian Persian.

Ultra Beast Lover

I just want to see a little more of the other two routes, maybe some more of the different towns and cities.