• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
What I'm hoping for:
- A good number of new Pokemon, it would be great if we saw the evolutions of Lechonk and Pawmi.
-
The Paldea regional variants of Tauros, because it apparently has more than one.
- The villain team, and I really hope they don't pull another bait-and-switch where the villain team aren't actually the real villains of the story, and they try to play it off like a big twist that another group are the villains instead but you can see it coming from a mile away.
-
A handful of Ancient/Future Pokemon, and an explanation of what they actually are, because their description in the leaks isn't very clear (it's an future form of Jigglypuff, but it's also its own seperate Pokemon with its own Dex number?)

What I'm expecting:
- The bulk of the trailer is just a Previously on Dragon Ball Z summary of everything that's been announced so far.
- One or two other Gym Leaders, or other new characters.
- One or two new Pokemon, possibly another regional variant or evolution.
- Lechonk in Smash Bros.

I don't think we'll see the middle stage evolutions of the Starters like many are speculating, while these have been shown around this time in the past, we didn't get a proper look at Thwackey, Raboot and Drizzile until after Sword and Shield came out and was data-mined, so I think they'll do that again and the Starter evolutions won't be announced until after launch.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd like to see the new friendship mechanic, whatever it is. It looks like it might be connected to the sandwich shop seen in the last trailer. Honestly, I'm conflicted between wanting to know about the other two routes, how classes will work, the evil team, the new bonding mechanic, and new Pokemon, preferably a regional variant.

scififan21

I'm okay with the routes being a surprise at Launch, but I really want to see the Pokemon Camp replacement the most. Maybe more info on Multiplayer features? New Pokemon is always a must.

Autobot N

If the Paradox Forms are post-game, they likely won't be revealed until after the game's release.
Ultra Beasts were revealed in September before SM came out. Paradox forms seem to fill their role of story important Pokemon, especially since Khu implied that the box legends are lore-wise Paradox variants of Cyclizar.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Ultra Beasts were revealed in September before SM came out. Paradox forms seem to fill their role of story important Pokemon, especially since Khu implied that the box legends are lore-wise Paradox variants of Cyclizar.

Well I kinda figured that out myself. lol It's pretty obvious when you look at 'em, no?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
At the minimum, I only expect:
- 2 or 3 new Pokemon (and Grafaiai again)
- a new gameplay mechanic
- 1-2 NPCs (Gym Leader/Teacher)

With optimism, in addition to the above, I would love to see:
- Starter middle evos
- Evil Team

I would also love to see some UI such as the actual in-game menu, and the Rotom Phone.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So is the news coming internationally through YouTube videos or is just coming out through the Japanese exclusive livestream? If it’s the latter I’m not expecting much from this reveal.

It’ll most likely either be a few gameplay clips with no new pokémon or an announcement for a future announcement like they did with ORAS

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So is the news coming internationally through YouTube videos or is just coming out through the Japanese exclusive livestream? If it’s the latter I’m not expecting much from this reveal.

It’ll most likely either be a few gameplay clips with no new pokémon or an announcement for a future announcement like they did with ORAS
It was announced globally, so yes. The trailers should pop up soon.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles

It was announced globally, so yes. The trailers should pop up soon.
globally, its just that Japan has a watch party livestream for it.

keep refreshing the english youtube channel and it'll drop in 10 minutes