• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
If I'm being honest, I HATE Legends Arceus with a passion as fiery as a thousand suns, so I'm hoping Scarlet and Violet is at least a bit closer to tradition, and not a huge amount from Legends: Arceus is carried across.

I've grown tired of tradition. It's long since time Pokémon changed for the better.

I love all of the new features in Legends, and it would be nice if they all returned, including the overworld catching mechanic.

Sponge

I get that this is questionable reasoning, but part of why I think we could get something new for Scarlet/Violet is also because this direct is 40 minutes long.

It's a little hard for me to imagine a direct that long, focused on games coming out this year and not have something for Pokemon, even if it's something small.

I do feel like the "we just got so much Pokemon news there's no way we're getting more so soon" thought process is a little flawed. People were surprised we got last weeks trailer so soon after the Grafaiai reveal as well.

I'm still banking on a picnic reveal (or some sort of side gameplay mechanic reveal) if we do get anything.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I get that this is questionable reasoning, but part of why I think we could get something new for Scarlet/Violet is also because this direct is 40 minutes long.

It's a little hard for me to imagine a direct that long, focused on games coming out this year and not have something for Pokemon, even if it's something small.

I do feel like the "we just got so much Pokemon news there's no way we're getting more so soon" thought process is a little flawed. People were surprised we got last weeks trailer so soon after the Grafaiai reveal as well.

I'm still banking on a picnic reveal (or some sort of side gameplay mechanic reveal) if we do get anything.

I'm always skeptical because TPC has their own media management, entirely separate from Nintendo. They tend to do things on their own, so I'm always surprised when I see Pokémon news in a Direct.

Ultra Beast Lover

Funny. I was thinking about Tales of Symphonia so much and now it's coming to the switch. I hope it plays well.

Anyways, it's fine, I think we have enough info to munch on for now

Last edited:

keithpetrosky

I really wish they included Missingno and had us catch and purity it to see it’s true form. I like the throwbacks and lore added from previous generations.

Crystal Onix regional should be included, it would be dumb not too at this point.

What about the legend of drowzee and munna being descended from the legendary Pokémon Baku. Imagine a regional drowzee wearing pink flower pattern pants like munnas body design

And, the lore of meltan and melmetal finally explained like where they come from, and why melmetal changed to gold in cerulean cave in let’s go, it’s body is reacting to something.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd like a Paldean Form or two. It's kinda odd we only have the one currently.

This was my thinking as well. I can't see them just having one regional variant before release, so they really should reveal 1 or 2 more. We also don't have any regional evolutions either, we should see one of those as well.

Orphalesion

yes, actually! I think it has to do with the 80's revival that's been going on lately. mine sort of morphed from a mohawk over the years
It's seems like there's always an 80s revival going on. Wonder what exactly it is about that decade.

Red and Blue

I'd like a Paldean Form or two. It's kinda odd we only have the one currently.
In the second trailer its implied Tauros got a regional variant through the kid's shirt. If it's legit I hope we get to see it soon

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It's seems like there's always an 80s revival going on. Wonder what exactly it is about that decade.
I'd say it's mostly because the little kids who grew up watching He-Man and Ninja Turtles and listening to Wham! and Dead or Alive are now adults with disposable income who can be marketed to with nostalgia. The 80's craze seems to come and go on phases every few years, and Stranger Things started the current phase.

Back on topic, while I'm not as excited to see Regional variants as I am for completely new Pokemon, I'd still love to see at least a couple more. I do wonder if Paldea Wooper will evolve into Paldea Quagsire or something new.

Orphalesion

Back on topic, while I'm not as excited to see Regional variants as I am for completely new Pokemon, I'd still love to see at least a couple more. I do wonder if Paldea Wooper will evolve into Paldea Quagsire or something new.
It would be awesome if whatever Paldean Wooper evolves into would be modelled on Quagsire's beta design. That thing was cute as all heck!

Copley Hill Gym

It's because the 1980s had the best things. Amazing music, cars were still boxy but sooped up, jet aircraft were developed that looked amazing (think Top Gun), you had Star Trek and Star Wars doing their thing on the big screen in big ways, there was advertising in big bold and mostly risqué ways, you had the space shuttle, electronic goods giving you music in your pocket and video in your hand, then there was Back to the Future...

...The problem with nostalgia is that you concentrate on the good things whilst ignoring war, famine, disease, and the rest.

The 80s gets remembered fondly but its still decade on this planet where the humans spent their time blowing stuff up and each other and not caring about the planet.

I am a child of the 80s and looking back at it all, I'd rather be here now but with the knowledge back then of the damage we were doing to this planet.

Sorry for the downer!

epithumia

Poison-type enthusiast
simpler times. I just don't think the 80s took themselves as seriously as the following decades

It would be awesome if whatever Paldean Wooper evolves into would be modelled on Quagsire's beta design. That thing was cute as all heck!
I love Quagsire's dorkiness but hoping for a rehash of the beta wooper line as well. a quadruped with frills, closer to an axolotl than a giant salamander