• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

scififan21

Why I loved the DLC's in Swsh, I felt that the base game was very lacking and minimal.
When playing Swsh for the first time, I had to stop my self from playing so I dont advance too much. and the game will end too soon.
So I dont want SV to have this fate too..
I agree now I didn't end up buying Sword until the DLC/Free Update was announced. I just hope they go the route of giving bare bones base game to sell us the rest in DLC later. A lot of companies do this, and I find it very anti-consumer if you pay 60+ dollars for a game you expect it to be as complete as possible. Now SV looks pretty good minus a few things I've heard. I have a feeling doing a Living Dex in this game may be difficult if the egg/breeding mechanic has changed at all.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
tpci made an official statement about the nuzlocke news

quick breakdown, they don't have a problem with it.
That’s it? I’m glad they don’t have a problem with nuzlockes or self-inserted rules but you’d think they’d also give a better explanation to their original statement and why there was a misunderstanding in the first place. Otherwise some fans are just going to see this as fake news or Game Freak lying.

Last edited:
I just saw a snippet of the player taking on the Team Star base being reposted, and I really wonder how the 'time limit' here will be implemented. To me, it sounds like defensive Pokémon might be at a major disadvantage compared to more offensive ones since they take longer to wear down opponents.

scififan21

Perhaps that is a multiplayer shot as well as auto battle? Seems weird to have three Pokemon two seems more possible. One Auto-Battle one and one regular one?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Awe they're so cute but almost certainly not a Diglett, they're too wormy. Wonder what's up with that.
People are speculating that S/V could be presenting the concept of convergent evolution that happens IRL, where different species can evolve into extremely similar looking things. They look extremely similar, but they're actually two different unrelated species.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I like the concept of convergent evolution, and I seriously hope Wiglett's evolution is completely far from Dugtrio's design.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Never been big on Diglett but I love Wiglett. Don't know why
Probably because of its wormy its & cute little squeaks (like baby seagulls). That’s at least why I love it!!

CONVERGENT EVOLUTION SUPREMECY

ALL HAIL WIGLETT
Looks we found the new Goomy/Snom of this generation lol

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Why is everyone saying this is a convergent evolution? Do they think Wiglett will evolve into Dugtrio? Because it doesn't really look like it will, and if it's not I can't really call it "convergent".

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Why is everyone saying this is a convergent evolution? Do they think Wiglett will evolve into Dugtrio? Because it doesn't really look like it will, and if it's not I can't really call it "convergent".
Convergent as in two separate Pokemon have taken on the physical traits that is "Iglett" through their own evolution.

Golden Mole and Marsupial Mole. Almost identical, completely not related to each other.

scififan21

I wish Wigglet looked a bit more distinct then DIglett, but he is a cute little guy. I hope his evo doesn't look like Dugtrio.

Red and Blue

Never been big on Diglett but I love Wiglett. Don't know why
I think Wiglett has a more interesting design thanks to it's longer body. Assuming it evolves I'm curious what the Dugtrio counterpart would look like