• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet & Pokemon Violet - General Discussion/Speculation Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Wiglett is legit adorable.
I actually like Wiglett a bit more than Diglett. It seems to have more charm to it somehow. I like Diglett but something about Wiglett makes me more drawn towards it.

Sponge

if there are more pokemon like wiglett and this becomes an official category of pokemon, i wonder if they'll put the pikaclones in the same category. their concept seems similar

I feel like they wouldn't since pikaclones are a bit more different from each other. I know they all have the cheek pouches but they still have different body shapes and faces. (even if they're very similar) Not to mention they're often different species. (squirrel vs mouse for example)

It's more likely that they're never going to be officially categorized though.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Pachirisu is related to Pikachu according to Legends, so species clearly doesn't matter all that much.

ShadowForce720

Pachirisu is related to Pikachu according to Legends, so species clearly doesn't matter all that much.
Yes but that is a different situation then the situation Wiglett is in.

At the end of the day Pachirisu is based off a Squirrel while Pikachu is based off a Mouse which are both considered rodents, so them being related to each other in some way isn’t really that much of a stretch.

The same isn’t true when it comes to Diglett and Wiglett as Diglett is based off of a mole and Wiglett is based off of an Eel which are two completely different animals that have nothing that do with each.

So just because a Mouse and Squirrel happened to be related to each other doesn’t automatically mean that that a mole and an eel are related to each other.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Ultra Beast Lover

Awesome, more news tomorrow. I hope they show us the new bonding mechanic, it's always been a highlight. Oh and Tauros, we haven't seen them yet. And maybe something about classes, we don't know a thing about them other than the fact that they exist. I just wanna know how it works.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Nice that we're getting another new trailer, though I'm not expecting a huge amount from it, I'm guessing maybe two new Pokemon at most, one or two new characters and perhaps a look at the game's version of Pokemon Amie/Refresh/Camping. I still don't think we're seeing the Starter evolutions until after the games are out, but it would be a pleasant surprise to at least see the middle stages.

Pokemon Power

Nice that we're getting another new trailer, though I'm not expecting a huge amount from it, I'm guessing maybe two new Pokemon at most, one or two new characters and perhaps a look at the game's version of Pokemon Amie/Refresh/Camping. I still don't think we're seeing the Starter evolutions until after the games are out, but it would be a pleasant surprise to at least see the middle stages.
Any evolved form of a Pokemon we've seen before would do nicely. Maybe even a new Paldean form.

Captain Jigglypuff

It’s been awhile since the starter evolutions have been kept a secret from us until the game is finally released, hasn’t it? I think the last time that had happened was with XY.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
It’s been awhile since the starter evolutions have been kept a secret from us until the game is finally released, hasn’t it? I think the last time that had happened was with XY.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember Thwackey/Rillaboom, Raboot/Cinderace and Drizzile/Inteleon being revealed before the launch of Sword and Shield, the first time I remember seeing them was in images from a datamine after the games were out.

Captain Jigglypuff

I could be wrong, but I don't remember Thwackey/Rillaboom, Raboot/Cinderace and Drizzile/Inteleon being revealed before the launch of Sword and Shield, the first time I remember seeing them was in images from a datamine after the games were out.
I think the middle stages were revealed because I do recall Raboot being shown off at one point. I think the names were kept secret.